PDA

View Full Version : Rockies Gift!

AmPat
04-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Tomorrow I get to go see the Rockies-----FREE!

Background. My BIL is visiting from Panama. He is a reporter in Panama and the Rockies have a pitcher, Manuel Corpas, from Panama. Originally scheduled for Thursday, the team got back from a Nationals game too late. We rescheduled for Friday and got weathered out. Foot and a half of snow (it's still snowing today). Manuel called back and suggested Sunday we attend the make up double header and we could meet the whole team, pictures, clubhouse, etc. Took me all night to get the silly grin off my face. I want to meet Todd Helton and ask him how a 6'2"-195 lb guy can hit a baseball so hard. Anyway, I just couldn't keep this to myself anymore. :D

Now if this snow doesn't stop soon, I'm gonna bust a seam.:mad:

NJCardFan
04-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Tomorrow I get to go see the Rockies-----FREE!

Background. My BIL is visiting from Panama. He is a reporter in Panama and the Rockies have a pitcher, Manuel Corpas, from Panama. Originally scheduled for Thursday, the team got back from a Nationals game too late. We rescheduled for Friday and got weathered out. Foot and a half of snow (it's still snowing today). Manuel called back and suggested Sunday we attend the make up double header and we could meet the whole team, pictures, clubhouse, etc. Took me all night to get the silly grin off my face. I want to meet Todd Helton and ask him how a 6'2"-195 lb guy can hit a baseball so hard. Anyway, I just couldn't keep this to myself anymore. :D

Now if this snow doesn't stop soon, I'm gonna bust a seam.:mad:

Are you going to be in the press box for the game? If so, have a great time. You'll get to be privy to stuff the fans don't really get like free media guides and programs. You'll also eat really well. 2 things: There will be no alcohol(at least I wasn't allowed to drink any when I covered the Soul) and you are not allowed to cheer. Other than that, enjoy the experience.

Big Guy
04-25-2010, 12:10 AM
You gotta bring a ball to get autographed by the whole team. Get Pic's. :D

lacarnut
04-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Sounds like a winner and hope that the weather cooperates.

NJCardFan
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
You gotta bring a ball to get autographed by the whole team. Get Pic's. :D

If he's there wearing a press pass he won't be allowed to get autographs. If it's a visitors pass he can but not a press pass.

AmPat
04-26-2010, 09:31 AM
No press pass, no box seats. He had his press credentials but didn't use them. It was very laid back. We went to the Will CAll, picked up the tickets (along 1st base line) and watched the game. Weather was fair with a little sprinkling, and slightly cool. We joined him after the game and went to his place and met his family. They were great and very humble people. He mentioned on the elevator that Giambi lived there too. I didn't get to meet the rest of the team as I hoped due to the memorial service but had a great time nonetheless.

Got to see a win (8-4) with three HR's, singles, double, and triple. Also Helton smacked a bases loaded, two out line drive caught by the right fielder. I thought at first it was out of there!:eek::o

NJCardFan
04-26-2010, 11:04 PM
No press pass, no box seats. He had his press credentials but didn't use them. It was very laid back. We went to the Will CAll, picked up the tickets (along 1st base line) and watched the game. Weather was fair with a little sprinkling, and slightly cool. We joined him after the game and went to his place and met his family. They were great and very humble people. He mentioned on the elevator that Giambi lived there too. I didn't get to meet the rest of the team as I hoped due to the memorial service but had a great time nonetheless.

Got to see a win (8-4) with three HR's, singles, double, and triple. Also Helton smacked a bases loaded, two out line drive caught by the right fielder. I thought at first it was out of there!:eek::o

Ah. So he just got a couple of seats. Sweet. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.