PDA

View Full Version : North Korea sinks South Korean ship

Big Guy
04-24-2010, 11:00 PM
South Korea's military says that military intelligence gathered with the United States shows that a torpedo fired from a North Korean submarine sank its navy ship Cheonan last month.

The clearest sign yet that Seoul blames Pyongyang for what would be one of the deadliest incidents between the rivals since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War was reported by the publicy funded Yonhap news agency. It puts more political pressure on President Lee Myung-bak, but analysts do not see it triggering a war.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/22/north-korea-cheonan-sinking-torpedo

Rockntractor
04-24-2010, 11:04 PM
What the heck, what's one ship!

Big Guy
04-24-2010, 11:07 PM
What the heck, what's one ship!

A start.

Rockntractor
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
A start.

They act like it is no big deal but I am betting different!

Big Guy
04-24-2010, 11:19 PM
They act like it is no big deal but I am betting different!

Like I said, it's a start. They won't stop unless they pay a heavy price. The Chinese helped them so we can't count on them do do anything.

Rockntractor
04-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Like I said, it's a start. They won't stop unless they pay a heavy price. The Chinese helped them so we can't count on them do do anything.

If North Korea decided that they wanted the wealth of South Korea do you think Obama would stand against fellow communists to help them?

NJCardFan
04-24-2010, 11:25 PM
If North Korea decided that they wanted the wealth of South Korea do you think Obama would stand against fellow communists to help them?

No, he would not.

Rockntractor
04-24-2010, 11:33 PM
No, he would not.

That is what I'm afraid of and I think North Korea is testing the waters right now. I expect Obama to pull our remaining military from Korea.

Big Guy
04-25-2010, 12:00 AM
That is what I'm afraid of and I think North Korea is testing the waters right now. I expect Obama to pull our remaining military from Korea.

If he plans on pulling out of South Korea he better get started, it would take quite a while to move that many troops and supplies out of there.

Rockntractor
04-25-2010, 12:05 AM
If he plans on pulling out of South Korea he better get started, it would take quite a while to move that many troops and supplies out of there.
I would put nothing past that man, I expect him to withdraw support from Taiwan also. Let's hope we win big in November!

Big Guy
04-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Now I do think he will turn his back on Taiwan, kinda like he did to Israel, Poland and Czechoslovakia.

FlaGator
04-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Remember, loose lips don't sink ships, North Koreans do.

Rockntractor
04-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Remember, loose lips don't sink ships, North Koreans do.

Don't tell anyone!