PDA

View Full Version : Japan issues request for international warrant for eco terrorist Watson

Sonnabend
04-30-2010, 06:48 AM
BWAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.news.com.au/world/japan-to-seek-arrest-of-anti-whaling-sea-shepherd-chief-paul-watson/story-e6frfkyi-1225860637668)

JAPAN plans to seek an international arrest warrant against anti-whaling Sea Shepherd chief Paul Watson over tense high-seas clashes, broadcaster NHK says. The Japan Coast Guard has obtained an arrest warrant in Tokyo against the Canadian national for allegedly instructing members of his militant environmental group to obstruct Japan's whaling mission, the public broadcaster said today.

Oh, be still my heart.....

Japan will seek his arrest through the International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol), NHK said. No immediate confirmation of the report was available from the coast guard. The last ship of Japan's Antarctic whaling fleet sailed home this month with the smallest catch in years. Whalers blame the shortfall on high-seas clashes with the environmental group Sea Shepherd.

Oh please, please, add a piracy charge.....

This season's confrontations in icy Antarctic waters saw the sinking of a Sea Shepherd vessel and the arrest of one of its activists, a New Zealander who faces trial in Japan.

Boarded a foreign flag ship whilst armed, intending to assault the Captain of said vessel.

Peter Bethune was indicted on April 2 for trespass, injuring a person, carrying a weapon, vandalism and obstructing commercial activities - charges that could see him jailed for up to 15 years.

Yesssssssssssssssss...........

Bethune, 45, was the captain of the Sea Shepherd's Ady Gil, a futuristic powerboat that sank after it was sliced in two in a collision with the whaling fleet's security ship Shonan Maru II in early January

Whalers 1 econazis 0

:D:D:D

fettpett
04-30-2010, 07:01 AM
haha, I freaking love it. Though i can see these fucktards fleeing to the US where interpol can't reach them. and the econazi's will hide his ass. I wonder if Discovery will stop airing that show that protrays these idiots a saviors to the whales

Sonnabend
04-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Oh, if they run to the US, Interpol will get them. With a warrant for his arrest, even Obambi wont be able to stop them :D

jediab
04-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Oh, if they run to the US, Interpol will get them. With a warrant for his arrest, even Obambi wont be able to stop them :D

I would think that with Obumbler's love with anything International, he would glady obey anything Interpol would demand.

M21
04-30-2010, 11:49 AM
The last ship of Japan's Antarctic whaling fleet sailed home this month with the smallest catch in years. Whalers blame the shortfall on high-seas clashes with the environmental group Sea Shepherd.

Good News! Straight to HELL with Whalers and those evil rat bastards who support them. Paul's response to Japan's kangaroo court? "I don't think I'll let you arrest me today"

Sonnabend
05-01-2010, 02:34 AM
Good News! Straight to HELL with Whalers and those evil rat bastards who support them

I support them. What they are doing is perfectly legal..unlike Watson and his gang of pirates.

. Paul's response to Japan's kangaroo court? "I don't think I'll let you arrest me today"

Paul, the nutter you admire, will not have any say in the matter. A warrant is a warrant and Watson and his crew broke the law, violated maritime regulations,his friend boarded a foreign flag ship in international waters with the stated intent of "making a citizens arrest:" when he had no legal powers to do so, no authority to make said "arrest" and is not an authoprised or duly sworn office rof any law anywhere.

The ship was in international waters which means the Constitution and his "citizens rights" mean jack and shit. Your law is only effective within your borders.

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but US law has no power once you leave the US.

FlaGator
05-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I think the whole lot of them should be arrested and tossed in prison, the eco-terrorists as well as the whalers. You have two groups doing the wrong thing arguing about who has the right to behave wrongly.

Sonnabend
05-01-2010, 08:38 AM
think the whole lot of them should be arrested and tossed in prison, the eco-terrorists as well as the whalers

As soon as you can show us just what crimes the Japanese have committed, under whose law said charges will be filed, with what evidence, and under whose jurisdiction. Don't start throwing US law at me, because US law has no force or legality outside your borders. The crimes in question were committed aboard a JAPANESE ship.

Japanese law applies here.

The Japanese, regardless of your insulted sensibilities, have committed no illegal act whatsoever, so quite frankly, your desires have no basis in legality or reality. You sound exactly like the DU'ers who want former Pres Bush thrown in jail...and yet have no response when asked "On what charge"

So..I ask again. "Put them in jail"....for what, exactly?

Name me one law they have broken. Just one.

You have two groups doing the wrong thing arguing about who has the right to behave wrongly.One is acting inside the law, the other has broken several laws, including piracy and illegal boarding of a foreign flag ship in international waters, with hostile intent ,whilst armed.

I suggest you take a long hard look at the actual law on the subject, specifically the maritime regulations, laws of ships at sea, regulations governing close approach whilst in sea lanes, and the actual maritime and shipping laws which states that at sea a ship is under the absolute control of its Master, and that no one may board his or her ship without the Captain's express permission.

Watson is an eco terrorist who has already sunk several ships, is wanted in at least three countries, and is a zealous fanatic who could care less if men die to save his precious whales.

in 1986, Sea Shepherd carried out an action against the Icelandic whaling station in Hvalfjoerdur and sank two Icelandic whaling vessels in Reykjavik harbor by opening their sea valves;[1] in December 1992, Sea Shepherd sank the vessel Nybroena in port;[2]
Sea Shepherd claimed to have sank the Taiwanese drift net ship Jiang Hai in port in Taiwan and to have rammed and disabled four other Asian drift net ships;[3]

A Canadian court ordered Watson and his former ship, the Cleveland Armory, to pay a total of $35,000 for ramming a Cuban fishing vessel off the coast of Newfoundland in June 1993

In January 1994 the group severely damaged the whaling ship Senet in the Norwegian port of Gressvik.[5]Watson has rammed and sunk several ships whilst their crews were aboard.

And before you start spouting off about "whale sanctuaries", I will remind you that the zone is enforced by a treaty the Japanese did not sign, the area is not Australian territory, and never has been.

No one so far has been killed by this raving nutter...yet.

Watson is an eco terrorist.

End of story.

fettpett
05-01-2010, 03:28 PM
honestly, the dude is lucky the Japanese didn't/couldn't carry weapons. If they had, we wouldn't be having this discussion as the guy would have been shot.

Also under International Law Japan and a couple other countries/people are allowed to whale (though some of it is guised as "scientific" research)

CaughtintheMiddle1990
05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
BWAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.news.com.au/world/japan-to-seek-arrest-of-anti-whaling-sea-shepherd-chief-paul-watson/story-e6frfkyi-1225860637668)

Oh, be still my heart.....

Oh please, please, add a piracy charge.....

Boarded a foreign flag ship whilst armed, intending to assault the Captain of said vessel.

Yesssssssssssssssss...........

Whalers 1 econazis 0

:D:D:D

Yeah man let's kill every single whale on the planet! Fuck Yoo Whale! And fuck yoo Dolfhinnn!

fettpett
05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah man let's kill every single whale on the planet! Fuck Yoo Whale! And fuck yoo Dolfhinnn!

your a dumbass that wasn't said or insinuated. Where talking about a dipshit eco-terrorist thats tried to kill PEOPLE.

What pisses me off more than anything is how so many people get all up in arms over the death of an animal but if someone goes and MURDERS a PERSON they don't say shit.

FlaGator
05-01-2010, 04:35 PM
As soon as you can show us just what crimes the Japanese have committed, under whose law said charges will be filed, with what evidence, and under whose jurisdiction. Don't start throwing US law at me, because US law has no force or legality outside your borders. The crimes in question were committed aboard a JAPANESE ship.

Japanese law applies here.

The Japanese, regardless of your insulted sensibilities, have committed no illegal act whatsoever, so quite frankly, your desires have no basis in legality or reality. You sound exactly like the DU'ers who want former Pres Bush thrown in jail...and yet have no response when asked "On what charge"

So..I ask again. "Put them in jail"....for what, exactly?

Name me one law they have broken. Just one.

One is acting inside the law, the other has broken several laws, including piracy and illegal boarding of a foreign flag ship in international waters, with hostile intent ,whilst armed.

I suggest you take a long hard look at the actual law on the subject, specifically the maritime regulations, laws of ships at sea, regulations governing close approach whilst in sea lanes, and the actual maritime and shipping laws which states that at sea a ship is under the absolute control of its Master, and that no one may board his or her ship without the Captain's express permission.

Watson is an eco terrorist who has already sunk several ships, is wanted in at least three countries, and is a zealous fanatic who could care less if men die to save his precious whales.

Watson has rammed and sunk several ships whilst their crews were aboard.

And before you start spouting off about "whale sanctuaries", I will remind you that the zone is enforced by a treaty the Japanese did not sign, the area is not Australian territory, and never has been.

No one so far has been killed by this raving nutter...yet.

Watson is an eco terrorist.

End of story.

I didn't say that the Japanese were doing anything legally wrong. I was just stating my opinion on ethical grounds. No need getting your panties in a wad.

I do feel that since whales are an endangered species whaling should be illegal. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. Abortion for example. It is legal to murder the unborn but that doesn't make it right to do it. Would you agree with that statement? By that same token I feel that terrorist methods to stop abortions is wrong too. Those methods, fortunately are illegal. Do you define your moral values by what is legal and what isn't?

fettpett
05-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I didn't say that they Japanese were doing anything legally wrong. I was just stating my opinion on ethical ground. No need getting your panties in a wad.

I do feel that since whales are an endangered species whaling should be illegal. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. Abortion for example. It is legal to murder the unborn but that doesn't make it right to do it. Would you agree with that statement? By that same token I feel that terrorist methods to stop abortions is wrong too. Those methods, fortunately are illegal. Do you define your moral values by what is legal and what isn't?

it is illegal via International Law, Japan and a couple other countries are allowed to harvest a certain number of animals/year

JB
05-01-2010, 04:53 PM
blather, blather, blather...The Japanese have committed no illegal act whatsoever...blather, blatherAren't the Japanese out there under the guise of "scientific research" yet have not released one word on what that research has produced? If so, who are the real criminals?

Anyone feel free to discredit me on this, I thought it was something I heard and don't feel like doing my own innerwebs research.

fettpett
05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Aren't the Japanese out there under the guise of "scientific research" yet have not released one word on what that research has produced? If so, who are the real criminals?

Anyone feel free to discredit me on this, I thought it was something I heard and don't feel like doing my own innerwebs research.

yes, you are correct. I'm sure research is done, the leftovers get sent to Japanese Fish markets for "extra income

fettpett
05-01-2010, 05:03 PM
edit: stupid double post

CaughtintheMiddle1990
05-01-2010, 05:05 PM
This just shows the Japanese are still as barbaric in 2010 as they were in 1945, except now they inflict their barbarism on whales rather than American soldiers. They're bloodthirsty people.

Sonnabend
05-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah man let's kill every single whale on the planet! Fuck Yoo Whale! And fuck yoo Dolfhinnn!Thank you for that well reasoned and logical reply. And it's spelt DOLPHIN..

I didn't say that they Japanese were doing anything legally wrong.Nice try, Alphonse.

think the whole lot of them should be arrested and tossed in prison, the eco-terrorists as well as the whalers Your exact words.

You said they shoulkd be JAILED. One is put in jail for doing something that is legally WRONG. They have not broken any law hence they have committed no crime

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Sound familiar?

I was just stating my opinion on ethical ground. No need getting your panties in a wad.Ethics do not equal jail. One is the law and one is not.

I do feel that since whales are an endangered species whaling should be illegal.It isn't, the whales in question are NOT endangered, and your "feelings" do not enter the equation. Law may upset reason, but reason may not upset the law. I dont care whether you like it or not, the bottom line is Japan has broken no law.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. Abortion for example. It is legal to murder the unborn but that doesn't make it right to do it.One is not equal to the other, and one does not apply to the other. Under certain circumstances I approve of abortion. Arrest me.

Would you agree with that statement?

NO.

By that same token I feel that terrorist methods to stop abortions is wrong too. Those methods, fortunately are illegal. Do you define your moral values by what is legal and what isn't?I define my values by the law and by the fact that Watson and his ilk are all perfectly happy to commit murder to further their causes. You dont like whaling? Fine. Get the law changed or go talk to the IWC.

Sabotaging a ship in the Atlantic with the intent of sinking it and killing their crew is an act of terrorism. The Atlantic Ocean is freezing and the survivability of a crew stranded in the Atlantic after a ship sinks is low...Watson and his band of pirates would happily steam off, and leave them there to die.

One million whales do not equate ONE human life.

it is illegal via International Law, Japan and a couple other countries are allowed to harvest a certain number of animals/yeaNo it is not illegal via international law.

This just shows the Japanese are still as barbaric in 2010 as they were in 1945, except now they inflict their barbarism on whales rather than American soldiers. They're bloodthirsty people.Says the history major who was educated on the American Civil war by an AUSTRALIAN.

fettpett
05-01-2010, 08:39 PM
well acording to the IWC http://www.iwcoffice.org/index.htm they aren't allowed to do comercial whaling unles they objected to the mortorem which they did at first, till the US put pressure on them to withdrawl their objection. once they did they were stuck and had to go the Scientfic route.

Sonnabend
05-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Noted,. and yet the IWC has done nothing about it, which doesn't surprise me...they're as much use as the UN.

If the law isnt what people want, then change it. PEACEFULLY. That's the issue at hand.If the IWC was serious they'd change the "scientific whaling" clause. They haven't which means they approve, or more or less are prepared to allow it.

Like it or lump it, Japan is within the law.

Watson and his ilk are not.

FlaGator
05-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Aren't the Japanese out there under the guise of "scientific research" yet have not released one word on what that research has produced? If so, who are the real criminals?

It think they are researching what the average price per pound of whale brings on the open Japanese market year after year. It's economic research :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
05-01-2010, 09:04 PM
It think they are researching what the average price per pound of whale brings on the open Japanese market year after year. It's economic research

So, FlaGator, I am still waiting for you to tell me what the charges are...or you can retract your comment about whalers being jailed.

So you're a Greenie as well.

Interesting.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
05-01-2010, 11:04 PM
So, FlaGator, I am still waiting for you to tell me what the charges are...or you can retract your comment about whalers being jailed.

Interesting.

Yes, he's an evil Greenie who happens to have a little appreciation for the planet he lives on and the creatures on it :eek:

fettpett
05-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Noted,. and yet the IWC has done nothing about it, which doesn't surprise me...they're as much use as the UN.

If the law isnt what people want, then change it. PEACEFULLY. That's the issue at hand.If the IWC was serious they'd change the "scientific whaling" clause. They haven't which means they approve, or more or less are prepared to allow it.

Like it or lump it, Japan is within the law.

Watson and his ilk are not.

I don't disagree with anything you've said, just was pointing out that the Japanese were barred from commercial whaling. Though many of the countries on the IWC are whaling countries.

Personally think that anyone and everyone that does anything like what this scum did should be tossed into the ocean that they soo desperately want to save. They don't feel that they have to act within the law.

Sonnabend
05-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Yes, he's an evil Greenie who happens to have a little appreciation for the planet he lives on and the creatures on it I appreciate them too. I'm just not the type to sacrifice human lives on behalf of Mother Gaia :rolleyes:

CaughtintheMiddle1990
05-02-2010, 04:58 AM

Interesting.

I appreciate them too. I'm just not the type to sacrifice human lives on behalf of Mother Gaia :rolleyes:

I don't think FLA is and I know I'm not.
Most Pagans (I'm speaking for myself here, not FLA) don't believe in human sacrifice.

FlaGator
05-02-2010, 07:22 AM

Interesting.

Did you read my reply post? I think not. If you had then you would know that there is nothing to retract.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=265988&postcount=12

FlaGator
05-02-2010, 07:28 AM
I don't think FLA is and I know I'm not.
Most Pagans (I'm speaking for myself here, not FLA) don't believe in human sacrifice.

Sonna believes in name calling and making assumptions based on minimal evidence. It's his stock and trade.

Sonnabend
05-02-2010, 07:54 AM
I read your post.

Specifically this

I didn't say that the Japanese were doing anything legally wrong

If you had then you would know that there is nothing to retract.

Yet you say they should be jailed, to which I replied "for what?" You avoided the question.

If they did nothing illegal, then they have committed no crime, hence they should not be in jail. Seems simple enough to me.

Sonna believes in name calling and making assumptions based on minimal evidence. It's his stock and trade.

Watson does,. The fact that no one has died yet from his violent actions, is more good fortune than anything else. Sooner or later, he WILL wind up killing someone in his zeal.

Abortion for example. It is legal to murder the unborn but that doesn't make it right to do it. Would you agree with that statement?

No, I would not. Under certain circumstances it is, in my opinion, necessary. It is both legal and right to do so. I have seen cases where this was so.

For someone who is a "fundie" you seem to forget what Christ said...give unto God that which is God's, and render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's..obey temporal law.

Watson is more than happy to ram and sink ships to protect his precious whales which are NOT all endangered. I am all for and in favour of changing the law if called for, for protest and dissent in a PEACEFUL and non violent fashion.

The Sea Shepherd, Earth First, the ELF, and others of their ilk are eco terrorists.

The Japanese whalers, whilst engaged in activities that you personally disapprove of (cry me a river), were aboard a Japanese flag ship, under Japanese law, in international waters. That Watson's boat was sunk was Watson's fault and no one else's. Under maritime law their boat had no business being anywhere near the Shonan Maru.

Boarding a foreign flag ship, whilst armed, with intent to do injury of the Master of said ship, can, and could very well be, construed as an act of piracy.

They broke the law

The Japanese did not.

Hence Watson and his crew deserve to be in jail.

The Japanese do not.

End of story.

FlaGator
05-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I read your post.

Specifically this

Yet you say they should be jailed, to which I replied "for what?" You avoided the question.

You were answered, you just didn't understand the answer.

Here is a word to look up, "hyperbole". Another word you should investigate the meaning of is "nuance" as in "The use of hyperbole in stating and opinion is a nuanced conversational technique that often goes over the head of those who have a preconceived notion of the point the speaker is trying to make."

All sarcasm aside, it doesn't seem like you understood a single thing that I said. I was speaking metaphorically when I said they should be arrested. It wasn't meant literally. Why you decided to opt for a literal interpretation of my statement is beyond me. I used hyperbole to show my disgust for the activity of whaling which I know is a legal action when it is done for research and that the whalers will not be arrested. I am equally disgusted with the eco-terrorists and their activities. When it was obvious that you thought I was speaking literally I responded. In order to get you to understand the point I was making I used an example and I related it to my disgust for abortion which is also a legal act. If I was to say that all the abortion doctors should be locked up I am not speaking literally. I am not demanding that they be arrested. I am just saying that I believe there activity is morally wrong, even though it is legal.

I can't believe that I am sitting here tying to explain metaphorical speech and hyperbole to a grown man.

Sonnabend
05-02-2010, 06:41 PM
With you, it's impossible to tell what is hyperbole and what is not. That pious, holier than thou manner makes it impossible to tell. :rolleyes:

FlaGator
05-03-2010, 06:57 AM
With you, it's impossible to tell what is hyperbole and what is not. That pious, holier than thou manner makes it impossible to tell. :rolleyes:

Now that is funny. Thank you for giving me a laugh first thing in the morning. One has nothing to do with the other. Even those of us who think we are holier than thou speak in metaphors and use hyperbole.

M21
05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I appreciate them too.

uh.. huh. :rolleyes: