PDA

View Full Version : I amazed my wife last night...

Carol
05-02-2010, 05:22 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8257240)

PCIntern Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-02-10 09:25 AM
Original message
I amazed my wife last night...

No...it's not what you're thinking...

We were glued to the C-Span coverage of the dinner, and I noticed that the President arose twice and left the dais prior to the start of the 'entertainment portion'. I said to my wife, "Something must be going on...this reminds me of Bush NOT getting up on 9/11 somehow..." She thought it strange as well...that if he'd had to go to the bathroom,he'd have finished the job the first time.

Guess I was right...Wow!! We have to give this president lots of kudos, back slaps and exclaim "He's so smart", cause "He chose not to get updates from the secret service or others while he was on display in front of a televised audience and a roomful of news people."

Not to mention the fact that Bush was reading to young children for 7 minutes from the time he was first informed to the time he left and then was able to be flown out of the area.

Obama was at this thing for what? an hour or two? And good for him, he got up to get updates instead of getting them in front of the whole world. The left sure has low expectations for their hero.

malaise Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Sun May-02-10 09:35 AM
Response to Original message
2. I asked about it on the dinner thread

It was strange.

PCIntern Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Sun May-02-10 09:44 AM
Response to Reply #6
7. If you mean Times Square Smoke, I'd have to agree.

He wasn't gonna sit there and do the equivalent reading of My Pet Goat while a potential catastrophe was unfolding...I guess since Obama has made such a mess of things when he does something they consider right, even if it is as inconsequential as this, they need to make a big deal of it.

Wei Wu Wei
05-02-2010, 05:25 PM
the nation is under attack

My Pet Goat

fettpett
05-02-2010, 05:32 PM

My Pet Goat

um...your a dumbass (nothing new there) but the first reports that they got was that it was a small single engine plane that crashed. he was informed, not much to be done. wasn't till the second plane hit that they realized what was going on.

ColonialMarine0431
05-02-2010, 06:04 PM

My Pet Goat

Yeah. When the Nation is under attack the best thing for the Commander in Chief to do is to run screaming like a schoolgirl in front of a bunch of children.

Sonnabend
05-02-2010, 06:44 PM

My Pet Goat..and it would have done everyone the world of good for him to race out in a panic, as an alternative to staying put and waiting till he had enough information to do something

Not to mention the fact the Secret Service would be making preparations to ensure his safety on the way out and telling their principal "Stay put, sir, until we tell you"

You're an ignorant, useless piece of shit.

F.O.A.D.

patriot45
05-02-2010, 06:54 PM
..and it would have done everyone the world of good for him to race out in a panic, as an alternative to staying put and waiting till he had enough information to do something

Not to mention the fact the Secret service would be making preparations to ensure his safety on the way out and telling their principal "Stay put, sir, until we tell you"

You're an ignorant, useless piece of shit.

F.O.A.D.

+1 Excellent post Sonna! :D

I think wee wee wee's favorite book has goats in it!

NJCardFan
05-02-2010, 07:40 PM
+1 Excellent post Sonna! :D

I think wee wee wee's favorite book has goats in it!

WeeWee:
http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/images/yoyomo.jpg

Wei Wu Wei
05-02-2010, 07:41 PM
When there's a national crisis there are two and only two possible courses of action:
1. Read My Pet Goat.
2. Totally meltdown and panic and scream with arms waving in the air.

Wei Wu Wei
05-02-2010, 07:41 PM
"excuse me, I have to go, something has come up."

WHOAAAA NOWWWW.... we're not all fancy Ivy League Professors, we're not all philosophers, let's stop thjinking these radical thoughts and stay grounded in reality.

MrsSmith
05-02-2010, 08:35 PM
President Obama gets up twice in a couple hours...obviously to personally handle an emergency, we should all pat him on the back.

President Bush spends 7 minutes reading calimly to children before excusing himself, obviously he didn't react in the correct way, we should all castigate him for it.

OK....:rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
05-02-2010, 09:23 PM
President Obama gets up twice in a couple hours...obviously to personally handle an emergency, we should all pat him on the back.

President Bush spends 7 minutes reading calimly to children before excusing himself, obviously he didn't react in the correct way, we should all castigate him for it.

OK....:rolleyes:

Well said.

asdf2231
05-03-2010, 12:51 AM
When there's a national crisis there are two and only two possible courses of action:
1. Read My Pet Goat.
2. Totally meltdown and panic and scream with arms waving in the air.

WHOAAAA NOWWWW.... we're not all fancy Ivy League Professors, we're not all philosophers, let's stop thjinking these radical thoughts and stay grounded in reality.

When there are active hostilities they freeze everything in place until secondary protocols are put into place because you protect the Principal DIFFERENTLY when you are in a technical state of war and looking at non conventional attacks. They would have broken his fucking knee to keep him there if he'd TRIED to leave before military assets were brought on line and the SS could go onto an active response rather than a passive one.

So quit acting like an abrasive teenage fu**tard, kay? 'Cause you don't know what the hell you're talking about and you look like you are either A) stirring up shit to be a dick in which case you may well soon be doing it elsewhere. Or B) A clueless idiot.

Lets give you the benefit of the doubt and go with B.

Sonnabend
05-03-2010, 07:17 AM

If you knew anything about the service, you'd know that the principal moves when and if the USSS says he can.

At the same time they are busy securing the route, the status and welfare of FLOTUS and their daughters, checking and confirming the line of succession should something happen to POTUS, they have to sweep the area, and secure it so there are no nasty surprises waiting for him when he comes out.

The only job they have is to protect POTUS. And if they have to sit on him to do it, they will. At the same time they are checking on the Veep as he is immediate 2IC, they are checking whether he goes to the WH or to NEACP, if the air routes are safe and that the immediate area is "sanitised"

They coordinate with NEACP, Omaha, SAC, USAF HQ, their immediate superiors, they check to ensure local authorities are in place and that the roads will be clear on the trip back.

One of their biggest nightmares is a motorcade caught in traffic or pinned down, then they go defensive and THAT they do not like.

All this takes time.

"Mr President , the US is under attack, stay put until we tell you, sir"

More or less those, would be the exact words the agents would whisper to him, meanwhile, unobtrusively, weapons are readied and the "heavy weapons" team is now on the move, ready to blow the head off anything or anyone that even looks remotely dangerous.

The President leaving the school and suddenly coming under sniper fire is just ONE scenario, another was the distinct possibility that another plane was aimed at the WH....so they dont deliver him to ANY location until they know it is secure.

The job of the Secret Service is to protect the President, from threats both external , internal, and when needed, to protect the man from himself.

You're an idiot.

FlaGator
05-03-2010, 07:22 AM

Actually there is a "let's not panic until the facts or known because it is better to act than to react" element that you seem to be over looking. There is a reason why a President has an administration. One of them is to handle things until such a time as a Presidential decision is required.

Could you explain to me what could have been done differently if Bush would have said "excuse me, I have to go, something has come up" and left?

FlaGator
05-03-2010, 07:26 AM
If you knew anything about the service, you'd know that the principal moves when and if the USSS says he can.

At the same time they are busy securing the route, the status and welfare of FLOTUS and their daughters, checking and confirming the line of succession should something happen to POTUS, they have to sweep the area, and secure it so there are no nasty surprises waiting for him when he comes out.

The only job they have is to protect POTUS. And if they have to sit on him to do it, they will. At the same time they are checking on the Veep as he is immediate 2IC, they are checking whether he goes to the WH or to NEACP, if the air routes are safe and that the immediate area is "sanitised"

They coordinate with NEACP, Omaha, SAC, USAF HQ, their immediate superiors, they check to ensure local authorities are in place and that the roads will be clear on the trip back.

One of their biggest nightmares is a motorcade caught in traffic or pinned down, then they go defensive and THAT they do not like.

All this takes time.

"Mr President , the US is under attack, stay put until we tell you, sir"

More or less those, would be the exact words the agents would whisper to him, meanwhile, unobtrusively, weapons are readied and the "heavy weapons" team is now on the move, ready to blow the head off anything or anyone that even looks remotely dangerous.

The President leaving the school and suddenly coming under sniper fire is just ONE scenario, another was the distinct possibility that another plane was aimed at the WH....so they dont deliver him to ANY location until they know it is secure.

The job of the Secret Service is to protect the President, from threats both external , internal, and when needed, to protect the man from himself.

You're an idiot.

Well said.

AmPat
05-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Actually there is a "let's not panic until the facts or known because it is better to act than to react" element that you seem to be over looking. There is a reason why a President has an administration. One of them is to handle things until such a time as a Presidential decision is required.

Could you explain to me what could have been done differently if Bush would have said "excuse me, I have to go, something has come up" and left?

He's not "overlooking" anything, he's being an idiot in the name of politics. His heart throb (we can only hope this is the only organ that throbs:eek:), O Blah Blah, can do any stupid thing he wants and will be praised. ANY Conservative can act appropriately and be attacked. Standard LIBERTARDISM, nothing new.:cool:

Claret1995
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah. When the Nation is under attack the best thing for the Commander in Chief to do is to run screaming like a schoolgirl in front of a bunch of children.

Yeah. When the Nation is under attack the best thing for the Commander in Chief to do is to run screaming like a liberal wetting his pants in front of a bunch of children

Fixxed

Zafod
05-03-2010, 02:49 PM
wee wee the pee pee boy really sucks at the whole "troll" thing....
I have seen better on a facebook page.....