PDA

View Full Version : Shot a wedding... Tell me what you think...

stsinner
05-03-2010, 11:05 PM
http://stsinner.com/Gallery2Filmstrip.aspx?gallery=351073

Hit Full Screen Slideshow.....
'

Kay
05-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Really nice! Looks like they were having a great time.
I love the brides dress.

BSR
05-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I think you're a racist who probably touches little children in their no-no spot, but I think you were probably asking for opinions on the photo album.

I'd be pissed if you shot pictures of my wedding then posted the pictures on an open internet forum.

But that's just me.

noonwitch
05-04-2010, 09:17 AM
The bride's dress is pretty, but what is the deal with the tattoos?!

Young people.

linda22003
05-04-2010, 09:35 AM
I agree with BSR on distributing the photographs internet-wide.

Gingersnap
05-04-2010, 09:40 AM
I was disappointed to discover that this wasn't photographic evidence of a drunken gunfight but somewhat cheered to discover that flower-headed space aliens had been invited. Then disappointed again to learn that the flowers were just a human disguise.

It's too early for that kind of emotional roller-coaster. :(

linda22003
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Oh, don't be so disappointed, Ginger. The bride's tattoo is major-league trashy. One can only guess at the inevitable tramp stamp below it.

fettpett
05-04-2010, 12:06 PM
there is nothing wrong with posting pictures of weddings online. they are His property unless he sells the Orginals/negatives to the person they were taken of. When professional pictures are taken, the person that had them done can't even take them to Walgreens/Walmart/wherever to have copies made as they are the intellectual property of the person that took them.

PoliCon
05-04-2010, 12:07 PM
there is nothing wrong with posting pictures of weddings online. they are His property unless he sells the Orginals/negatives to the person they were taken of. When professional pictures are taken, the person that had them done can't even take them to Walgreens/Walmart/wherever to have copies made as they are the intellectual property of the person that took them.
which is bullshit.

BSR
05-04-2010, 12:13 PM

haha, how cute. I just want to pinch your cheeks....

But Poli is right... Bullshit...

fettpett
05-04-2010, 12:13 PM
which is bullshit.

no it's not. it's Intellectual Property. It's how someone who's a professional photographer makes their money, they have no need to sell those pictures to anyone but it's part of their portfolio. It's the same with any other piece of art (whether you like the art or not isn't the point). A person's portfolio is very important in drawing in new business and the taker can do what they want with it.

BSR
05-04-2010, 12:14 PM

Let me take some nude pic of your woman doing a few guys and post them online.. Tell me how you feel after that..

fettpett
05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Let me take some nude pic of your woman doing a few guys and post them online.. Tell me how you feel after that..

there is a difference. you're not taking them as part of your profession if you're doing to hurt someone. However if you're taking the pictures with Consent of all involved, THAT is the difference. The law is very clear on the difference. I used to work with this stuff all the time.

PoliCon
05-04-2010, 12:22 PM
no it's not. it's Intellectual Property. It's how someone who's a professional photographer makes their money, they have no need to sell those pictures to anyone but it's part of their portfolio. It's the same with any other piece of art (whether you like the art or not isn't the point). A person's portfolio is very important in drawing in new business and the taker can do what they want with it.

it's bullshit. If you're good - word will get out - and one of the ways for word to get out is for people to SEE YOUR WORK. :rolleyes: They ban reprints because the photographer charges more for the reprints than does your local drugstore for prints. HELL - he prolly takes them to the local drug store in the first damn place!

FlaGator
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM

That depends, if the photographer was commissioned to create the photographs and was paid for them, then they become the property of the person who contacted to have them taken. Displaying them without permission could result in a invasion of privacy civil law suit and possible a criminal case. It all depends on the contract that was agreed upon.

BSR
05-04-2010, 12:24 PM
there is a difference. you're not taking them as part of your profession if you're doing to hurt someone. However if you're taking the pictures with Consent of all involved, THAT is the difference. The law is very clear on the difference. I used to work with this stuff all the time.

There is no difference according to your logic, It's my intellectual property. I took the pics, I can do whatever I want with them. But that doesnt change my point that I bet you'd have different feelings if you felt the moment was a private one and I decided to share them with the world.

I never said it was against the law. I said it was fucked up.

Last time I checked my PMs and emails, CU and the internet was not invited to this couples wedding. To take a private moment and plaster it across the internet was fucked up and I'd be fucking pissed off if it were my wedding. This was a special moment for this couple, their friends and family.

PoliCon
05-04-2010, 12:26 PM
That depends, if the photographer was commissioned to create the photographs and was paid for them, then they become the property of the person who contacted to have them taken. Displaying them without permission could result in a invasion of privacy civil law suit and possible a criminal case. It all depends on the contract that was agreed upon.

Good point. We got the negatives along with our wedding pictures.

fettpett
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM

yes, it does depend on the contract. but most people just go to a photographer and ask them to take the pictures and don't ask for the rights to the pictures, either they don't know to or don't care.

here's a good link on photography copyrright

http://www.photosecrets.com/photography-law-copyright.html#not

FlaGator
05-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Good point. We got the negatives along with our wedding pictures.

I know for sure that I wouldn't be too happy to find out the my wedding was pasted all over the internet. With all the archiving that goes on, once something gets on the internet it is there forever. I would be most unhappy.

Kay
05-04-2010, 01:58 PM
It wouldn't bother me if my wedding photos or any other event such as class reunion, etc. were put up on the intarwebs.

It would bother me if more personal non-event related pics were posted, such as one just snapped at home by a family member when I looked my worst.

Agree, the brides tattoo was trashing looking. I'll never understand the attract for those horrid things, especially on women. But I still like the dress, and whoever the couple is they seemed to have a nice wedding. Probably will be divorced by this time next year.

BSR
05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Agree, the brides tattoo was trashing looking. I'll never understand the attract for those horrid things, especially on women. But I still like the dress, and whoever the couple is they seemed to have a nice wedding. Probably will be divorced by this time next year.

What the fuck?!?!?

What makes you think they will be divorced by this time next year?

Articulate_Ape
05-04-2010, 02:31 PM
What the fuck?!?!?

It is statistically plausible. The question is, will they have stsinner take the photos for their divorce album?

NJCardFan
05-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I dunno about legalities and all but I sure as hell wish it were me puttin the garter on the chick who caught the bouquet. Also, there is a blond in that slideshow who is smoking hot.

Gingersnap
05-04-2010, 02:40 PM
My personal policy is no pics on the Internet - ever. I don't post them anywhere, I don't send them via email, and I don't participate in group pics that are likely to end up there. I'm okay with living an undocumented life. ;)

linda22003
05-04-2010, 02:42 PM
My personal policy is no pics on the Internet - ever. I don't post them anywhere, I don't send them via email, and I don't participate in group pics that are likely to end up there. I'm okay with living an undocumented life. ;)

What's your policy on back tattoos?

Articulate_Ape
05-04-2010, 02:46 PM

You missed a spot the last time you washed the inside of the toilet tank in your downstairs bathroom.

Articulate_Ape
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM

Mine is that they are best installed to be read upside down.

Gingersnap
05-04-2010, 02:48 PM

I think that they make for more interesting book bindings among those who are hanged.

Wei Wu Wei
05-04-2010, 09:20 PM
My first thought when I read the title was Kill Bill

patriot45
05-04-2010, 09:28 PM

Call me naive! What happens when I put my pics up? So far in 8 years nothing! Albeit they include big dogs and guns! :D But I,ve never worried. And I like to brag when I put up the kids and grandkids!

Gingersnap
05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Call me naive! What happens when I put my pics up? So far in 8 years nothing! Albeit they include big dogs and guns! :D But I,ve never worried. And I like to brag when I put up the kids and grandkids!

Maybe nothing. Maybe somebody puts the pics together with your posts and stuff you disclosed on other forums or social networks and decides to visit you or your wife or decides to make trouble for you in your town or with the IRS or ATF.

I've got a pretty low need to brag and a pretty dim view of Internet "security". I'm not saying that you aren't perfectly safe, I'm just saying that my privacy decisions don't limit my life in any way and they might come in handy some day (or may have already). ;)

patriot45
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Maybe nothing. Maybe somebody puts the pics together with your posts and stuff you disclosed on other forums or social networks and decides to visit you or your wife or decides to make trouble for you in your town or with the IRS or ATF.

I've got a pretty low need to brag and a pretty dim view of Internet "security". I'm not saying that you aren't perfectly safe, I'm just saying that my privacy decisions don't limit my life in any way and they might come in handy some day (or may have already). ;)

Well at least here in little Plant City, when I had a business I put it out there, websites with adresses and phone numbers. Everyone in this town knows me already! I am always worried about the irs, but I'm square with the ATF! :D

My wife is versed in, go to the underware drawer, pull out the revolver and pull trigger! She was raised in Georgia and can skin a pig in 20 minutes! We don't worry too much abvout moonbats here!

Kay
05-04-2010, 10:43 PM
What the fuck?!?!?

That was just sarcasm as it doesn't seem like anyone ever stays married for long now days. I know so many young kids in their early 20's that have already divorced. I do not wish any ill on this couple, and hope they do beat the statiscal odds by living happily ever after.

Articulate_Ape
05-04-2010, 10:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OHnd1IqWmE