PDA

View Full Version : Drilling expansion dead in US Congress -Sen Nelson

FlaGator
05-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Man purposed and God disposed.

Drilling expansion dead in US Congress -Sen Nelson
04 May 2010 15:33:22 GMT
Source: Reuters

WASHINGTON, May 4 (Reuters) - Plans by U.S. President Barack Obama to expand oil drilling off the eastern coast of the United States are "dead on arrival" in Congress after the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Democratic Senator Bill Nelson said on Tuesday.
Nelson, of Florida, made the prediction to reporters at a new conference where he and two other anti-drilling Democratic senators also called for a huge increase in the cap on oil-company liability related to environmental disasters.

Source (http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/WAT014404.htm)

Articulate_Ape
05-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Did anyone actually believe it was ever really alive under this administration and this Congress? Please.

lacarnut
05-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Did anyone actually believe it was ever really alive under this administration and this Congress? Please.

Nope. So now the phony carrot of proposed drilling offshore in conjunction with Cap & Trade is dead. Drilling off VA coast was laughable to start with.

FlaGator
05-04-2010, 04:23 PM
It concerned a lot of us here in Florida because something happening like what is going in in the Gulf right now.

lacarnut
05-04-2010, 04:33 PM
It concerned a lot of us here in Florida because something happening like what is going in in the Gulf right now.

When China starts drilling off the coast of Cuba, your concern will be elevated. But hey, let's just shut down all the wells in the Gulf.:eek: I guess it is all right to fuck up LA eco system in order to supply gasoline to FL. You do remember the oil shortages after Katrina?

FlaGator
05-04-2010, 06:34 PM
When China starts drilling off the coast of Cuba, your concern will be elevated. But hey, let's just shut down all the wells in the Gulf.:eek: I guess it is all right to fuck up LA eco system in order to supply gasoline to FL. You do remember the oil shortages after Katrina?

How did you get that from what I posted?

That sounded a lot like a one of those definitive statements you claimed you don't make.

Is it your time of time month or something? You have been acting like a jerk all afternoon and I haven't said one thing critical of you.

NJCardFan
05-04-2010, 07:06 PM
And to think some of you all think I'm goofy about the Gulf explosion.

KhrushchevsShoe
05-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Yea an oil rig just exploded in the Gulf sending a wall of sludge into the US coastline, of course its dead on arrival. Give it a few months to completely fall out of the news cycle and it will be back on its feet.

lacarnut
05-04-2010, 07:38 PM
How did you get that from what I posted?

That sounded a lot like a one of those definitive statements you claimed you don't make.

Is it your time of time month or something? You have been acting like a jerk all afternoon and I haven't said one thing critical of you.

Poor baby, hit a nerve.

ColonialMarine0431
05-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Bill Nelson is such a twit. Always has been.

patriot45
05-04-2010, 09:17 PM
And to think some of you all think I'm goofy about the Gulf explosion.

Not me! We went thru Katrina and how many storms and nothing has happened in 30 years! 1 Act of sabatage or eco-terrorism and everything should be off the table!?! Armed attack boats in the gulf, protect our assets!
Oil has been in our past, our present and as much as the greenies think it wil be obsolete, it willl still be the main thing when I am dead!

lacarnut
05-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Not me! We went thru Katrina and how many storms and nothing has happened in 30 years! 1 Act of sabatage or eco-terrorism and everything should be off the table!?! Armed attack boats in the gulf, protect our assets!
Oil has been in our past, our present and as much as the greenies think it wil be obsolete, it willl still be the main thing when I am dead!

Damn, you should run for Governor. Make that Prez, and we will straighten this country out in a hurry. :)

patriot45
05-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Damn, you should run for Governor. Make that Prez, and we will straighten this country out in a hurry. :)

Name me another country that doesn't protect thier assets, wether it be offshore or thier borders! We are the only ones that are that naive! Thank you disgusting liberals.

lacarnut
05-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Name me another country that doesn't protect thier assets, wether it be offshore or thier borders! We are the only ones that are that naive! Thank you disgusting liberals.

What disgusts me is that these drug smugglers shoot a deputy and our sorry ass Federal government gives lip service. Send some Apache choppers on the border and let them shoot these druggies either on our side or their side of the border. If el Presidente does not like it, screw him.

fettpett
05-05-2010, 01:49 AM
What disgusts me is that these drug smugglers shoot a deputy and our sorry ass Federal government gives lip service. Send some Apache choppers on the border and let them shoot these druggies either on our side or their side of the border. If el Presidente does not like it, screw him.

I completely agree. now if only we could do something to make drug smuggling less profitable for them.....:rolleyes: