PDA

View Full Version : Florida Poll Released by Survey USA: Barack Obama 44%, John McCain 50%



megimoo
08-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Florida Poll Released by Survey USA: Barack Obama 44%, John McCain 50%

"He's Melting,He's Melting !"

Here are the latest results from the Florida poll by Survey USA published on USAElectionPolls.com: There were 679 voters polled on 8/1-3. Survey USA Date: 8/1-3 Florida Added: 8/5/08 John McCain 50% Barack Obama 44% Unsure 3% Other 3% Florida, Three Months Out -- Sun Shines on McCain: In an election in critical swing-state Florida for President of the United States today, 08/04/2008, Republican John McCain defeats Democrat Barack Obama, 50% to 44%, according to this latest SurveyUSA poll pre-election poll conducted exclusively for WFLA-TV Tampa and WKRG-TV Pensacola. Obama leads by 9 points in Southeastern Florida, where he takes...

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=55447&cat=5

megimoo
08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
MA Poll Shows Men for McCain (28% difference from June Poll)

Listen to story (Real Audio)

BOSTON, Mass. - August 06, 2008 - In Massachusetts, the presidential race has taken a surprising turn. This week, a Suffolk University poll reveals that Republican candidate John McCain now leads his Democratic rival Barack Obama among Bay State men by a margin of six points. WBUR's Fred Thys canvassed opinion among male voters in Boston to find out why. TEXT OF STORY: FRED THYS: First, the context: this is still a safe state for Democratic presidential candidates. The Suffolk University poll shows that overall, Barack Obama leads John McCain by 9 points. But among Massachusetts men, McCain is now...

http://www.wbur.org/news/2008/79228_20080806.asp

lacarnut
08-07-2008, 12:36 AM
When McCain wins several big states in the Northeast like PA & NJ, I will enjoy watching the liberal media try to explain why McCain won the election. Not one peep will be said about race playing a part in him doing so well in that neck of the woods. Oh my God, it could not be that some of those white northerners are racist. Heaven to Betsy, no.:rolleyes: That only happens in the South. Not.

LibraryLady
08-07-2008, 12:41 AM
I have lived in many southern states(Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, North Carolina,Virginia, Arkansas, ans Florida) but the place I saw the most blatant racism was Pennsylvania.

Eyelids
08-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Like Obama ever stood a chance in Florida?

lacarnut
08-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Like Obama ever stood a chance in Florida?

He is going to get an ass whipping in PA & NJ also.

OwlMBA
08-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Two "swing" states that Obama has no chance of winning: Florida and Ohio.

Eyelids
08-07-2008, 02:27 AM
He is going to get an ass whipping in PA & NJ also.

Not really...

Poll average in NJ has Obama up by 8.9%, placing him at a 90% chance of winning the state. Not necessarily a "Safe Dem" state but definitely a "Likely Dem" state. McCain will not whip his ass there, if he wins (which has only a 10% chance of happening) it will be by the slimmest of margins.

PA is slightly more contested,polls have Obama up by 6.6% and an 85% chance of winning.

The thing is you can tout "POLLS MEAN NOTHING!!!" all you want but margins of 6.6% and 8.9% are not just statistical anomalies, they are trends. If these margins were smaller than 5 you might have a point but the wiggle room is narrowing. Those excuses you were throwing out in the early summer about it being too early are starting to mean less and less by the day. All this talk of Obama losing support, but most of it is happening in states that are already safety GOP or safely Dem and the bearing it has the GE is minimal. You're running out of excuses lacarnut... election day is only 3 months away now.

Defiant1
08-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Like Obama ever stood a chance in Florida?

I like to think our billboard campaign had some effect on those poll numbers.

Here are the billboards we put up in 5 counties in SW Florida.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/LouSpac/Billboard1.jpg

I took this picture of the one in my county. Check out http://www.nbra.info (http://www.nbra.info/)

Eyelids
08-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Thats actually kind of degrading, in a really wierd way.

Odysseus
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Thats actually kind of degrading, in a really wierd way.

How? The Democrats of the period included Bull Conner, Alton Maddox, George Wallace and Robert Byrd. The majority of Democratic senators voted against the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, remember? If it wasn't for the party of Lincoln, there would have been no integration.

Rebel Yell
08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
How? The Democrats of the period included Bull Conner, Alton Maddox, George Wallace and Robert Byrd. The majority of Democratic senators voted against the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, remember? If it wasn't for the party of Lincoln, there would have been no integration.

I hate that party of Lincoln shit.:mad:

Granted the Dems have done more to hold the blacks in America back than the Republicans ever will, but "The Party of Lincoln" was more of what the Dems are today. No one back then, Dem or Repub, gave 2 shits about the blacks. The republicans of the time, oddly known as the "radicals", were the first to use blacks as a pawn to empower themselves. It wasn't until the 60's that the republicans actually gave a shit about blacks. During reconstruction, they empowered blacks as a way to punish the south for seccession. Lincoln was a power hungry tyrant, and nothing else.

It wa the "Party of Lincoln", the radicals, that started the ball rolling to this country into the big government bullshit we live in now.

Molon Labe
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Like Obama ever stood a chance in Florida?

Uh...He'd better hope he is competitive in a battleground state.

lacarnut
08-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Not really...

Poll average in NJ has Obama up by 8.9%, placing him at a 90% chance of winning the state. Not necessarily a "Safe Dem" state but definitely a "Likely Dem" state. McCain will not whip his ass there, if he wins (which has only a 10% chance of happening) it will be by the slimmest of margins.

PA is slightly more contested,polls have Obama up by 6.6% and an 85% chance of winning.

The thing is you can tout "POLLS MEAN NOTHING!!!" all you want but margins of 6.6% and 8.9% are not just statistical anomalies, they are trends. If these margins were smaller than 5 you might have a point but the wiggle room is narrowing. Those excuses you were throwing out in the early summer about it being too early are starting to mean less and less by the day. All this talk of Obama losing support, but most of it is happening in states that are already safety GOP or safely Dem and the bearing it has the GE is minimal. You're running out of excuses lacarnut... election day is only 3 months away now.

We will see who has all the excuses come election day. As far as I am concerned, polls have too few individuals polled and have a liberal bias. 3 months is an eternity; daddy Bush had a size-able lead on Clinton 3 months before the election and we all know how that worked out.

Whether you or I like it or not, race will play a big role in this election. Blacks will vote for Obama. I predict many white Democrats in the northeast will not vote for Obama because of his race. They will either stay home or vote for McCain. If that happens, McCain will win several north-eastern states and the race will be over before the polls close in CA. I am so confident that McCain will win big, I am thinking about taking the 13/10 odds and betting on McCain.

LibraryLady
08-07-2008, 05:09 PM
eyes is too young to recall the Bradley effect.

Zathras
08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
eyes is too young to recall the Bradley effect.

Well, I think Blinky's going to get a refresher come November.

OwlMBA
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I like to think our billboard campaign had some effect on those poll numbers.

Here are the billboards we put up in 5 counties in SW Florida.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/LouSpac/Billboard1.jpg

I took this picture of the one in my county. Check out http://www.nbra.info (http://www.nbra.info/)

A republican that took cash from the Communists?

Defiant1
08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Thats actually kind of degrading, in a really wierd way.

Did you go to the link? You should join their organization I think you would feel better about yourself.

Eyelids
08-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Did you go to the link? You should join their organization I think you would feel better about yourself.

So my personal worth is determined by my political affiliation? I guess it's better than race, but thats still pretty shitty.

Eyelids
08-08-2008, 12:13 AM
We will see who has all the excuses come election day. As far as I am concerned, polls have too few individuals polled and have a liberal bias. 3 months is an eternity; daddy Bush had a size-able lead on Clinton 3 months before the election and we all know how that worked out.

Whether you or I like it or not, race will play a big role in this election. Blacks will vote for Obama. I predict many white Democrats in the northeast will not vote for Obama because of his race. They will either stay home or vote for McCain. If that happens, McCain will win several north-eastern states and the race will be over before the polls close in CA. I am so confident that McCain will win big, I am thinking about taking the 13/10 odds and betting on McCain.

With all of your citations I really cant argue!

Constitutionally Speaking
08-08-2008, 02:49 AM
So my personal worth is determined by my political affiliation? I guess it's better than race, but thats still pretty shitty.


What is a shame is that you have been brainwashed to believe that Republicans are bad. The Democrats have had the most racist policies imaginable, yet because they have grreat PR and because they have the Press carrying the water for them, they are successful in painting the Republicans with that brush.

Eyelids
08-08-2008, 04:40 AM
No No No No No No a thousand No's wow you couldn't be more wrong on all counts.

I dont hate all Republicans, in fact far from it (if I hated you guys why would I be here? I can obviously tolerate opposing viewpoints). What I do see a lot of here is just complete disregard for any democratic policy, there is no willingness EVER to compromise from most members of this site. The line of thought somehow goes "If a democrat says it, it must be wrong and thus the opposite is true", that may seem kind of funny as a joke but its scary true. Dont ever accuse me of demonizing Republicans when this whole site survives off attacking liberals. There is so much angst and anger here towards the left it can be frightening, you guys are enraged by our mere existence and find nothing too petty or mundane (CELEBRITY FUNDRAISERS?! WHO CARES!?) to attack us on.

When you start slamming things like the institution of higher education and actually caring about our enviorenment in the slightest it comes off as irrational. And really the only reason you attack these things is because they are percieved as liberal. Its wierd, it makes almost no sense and it divides this country up.

Odysseus
08-08-2008, 05:30 AM
I dont hate all Republicans, in fact far from it (if I hated you guys why would I be here? I can obviously tolerate opposing viewpoints).

You can? Since when?:rolleyes: