PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Oil Spill

BamaBOB
05-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Current news is that British Petroleum has endeavored to bribe individuals with a $5,000.00 payment to not file damage claims against them. Congrats to B. P. you're now added to the ever- expanding circle of corrupt multi-billion dollar a year corporations, and its nogood, overpaid, corrupt execs.
We as the American public will have to bear the cost of this four company blunder through lost jobs, higher gas costs, and higher seafood costs. Not to mention the environmental damage.
It used to be that companies took the credit for profits, and assumed the responsibility for losses and mistakes.
This is no longer true. the more devious and corrupt- the more rewarded. Decent, honest companies have now become the chumps. Go figure.

Articulate_Ape
05-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Current news is that British Petroleum has endeavored to bribe individuals with a $5,000.00 payment to not file damage claims against them. Congrats to B. P. you're now added to the ever- expanding circle of corrupt multi-billion dollar a year corporations, and its nogood, overpaid, corrupt execs.
We as the American public will have to bear the cost of this four company blunder through lost jobs, higher gas costs, and higher seafood costs. Not to mention the environmental damage.
It used to be that companies took the credit for profits, and assumed the responsibility for losses and mistakes.
This is no longer true. the more devious and corrupt- the more rewarded. Decent, honest companies have now become the chumps. Go figure.

That's quite a mouthful. No citation(s)? If you want to convince people of anything, you better have something more convincing than your own accusations.

Rockntractor
05-06-2010, 11:07 PM

Put on some nice romantic music, turn down the lights, and go screw yourself capitalist hating Bama boy!

NJCardFan
05-06-2010, 11:29 PM
That's quite a mouthful. No citation(s)? If you want to convince people of anything, you better have something more convincing than your own accusations.

Agreed. This is a pretty bold statement and not back it up. We don't know how it is on the DU(well, we do actually) but on the CU, we ask for facts. If it's your opinion then state as much.

PoliCon
05-06-2010, 11:31 PM

Link? Evidence? That's a mighty hefty claim. Do you have anything to back it up???

lacarnut
05-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Link? Evidence? That's a mighty hefty claim. Do you have anything to back it up???

Not only that but 5 grand is a spit in the ocean. That measly amount is not going to buy anyone off. Smells like Bull Shit to me.

Rockntractor
05-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Not only that but 5 grand is a spit in the ocean. That measly amount is not going to buy anyone off. Smells like Bull Shit to me.
Exactly. Typical lib post and run!

lacarnut
05-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Exactly. Typical lib post and run!

I wanted to go to Gulf Shores AL tomorrow. One of those last minute deals for 7 days on ebay but the dumb shit would not knock off the $110 cleaning fee. So, I got another deal cooking in 2 weeks.

PoliCon
05-06-2010, 11:58 PM

I agree. But then we are talking about southerners . . . . not exactly reputed to be all that s-m-r-t.:D

Rockntractor
05-07-2010, 12:00 AM
I agree. But then we are talking about southerners . . . . not exactly reputed to be all that s-m-r-t.:D

You would make a great plug for an oil well!:mad:

PoliCon
05-07-2010, 12:01 AM
You would make a great plug for an oil well!:mad:

uh oh . . . looks like I touched a nerve! :cool:

lacarnut
05-07-2010, 12:12 AM

Even the large population of Vietnamese fisherman would turn their nose up at 5 grand.

We are smart enough not to migrate to the land of yankee liberal cesspools.

Rockntractor
05-07-2010, 12:38 AM
uh oh . . . looks like I touched a nerve! :cool:

and tell your avatar to stop looking at my ass that way!:rolleyes:

namvet
05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Leven interviews a survivor.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/Article.asp?id=1790422&spid=32364

Wei Wu Wei
05-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Hey now don't but all the blame on BP. I mean sure maybe they put the rig there and dug the hole and pumped the oil and didn't safeguard it properly and now the ecosystem is thrown out of whack and the entire gulf coast economy is taking a hit...

BUT, as Texas Governor Rick Perry said, it was "an Act of God" and we shouldn't be pointing fingers.

Lol no actually nothing new is happening here. What's sad is that people are surprised.

PoliCon
05-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Hey now don't but all the blame on BP. I mean sure maybe they put the rig there and dug the hole and pumped the oil and didn't safeguard it properly and now the ecosystem is thrown out of whack and the entire gulf coast economy is taking a hit...

BUT, as Texas Governor Rick Perry said, it was "an Act of God" and we shouldn't be pointing fingers.

Lol no actually nothing new is happening here. What's sad is that people are surprised.

I think it's become abundantly clear that the best part of your ran down the crack of your mothers ass and became a brown stain on the mattress.

namvet
05-07-2010, 07:19 PM
all industries have disasters

Zafod
05-07-2010, 07:23 PM
*swoooooop*

*poop*

just a troll

Zafod
05-07-2010, 07:24 PM

god you sound like a skinny whimpy girl-boy......

SarasotaRepub
05-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Try reading the rules next time for posting in Breaking News. :rolleyes::D

Sonnabend
05-07-2010, 08:03 PM
They bribed them with a whopping five thousand dollars? From where? Their piggybanks?

Okay, THAT'S IT.

Tell McSorley to get his butt back to VRWC HQ and to bring his recruiter with him. We are NOT getting the quality of trolls we used to, I don't give a damn if he has tenure, we are changing suppliers today AND I want his budget estimates for the last quarter. :mad:

In my office first thing Monday morning.

Rockntractor
05-07-2010, 08:06 PM
They bribed them with a whopping five thousand dollars? From where? Their piggybanks?

Okay, THAT'S IT.

Tell McSorley to get his butt back to VRWC HQ and to bring his recruiter with him. We are NOT getting the quality of trolls we used to, I don't give a damn if he has tenure, we are changing suppliers today AND I want his budget estimates for the last quarter. :mad:

In my office first thing Monday morning.

I guess Wei Wei isn't quite as bad as we thought.:confused: