byrok (80 posts) Fri May-07-10 02:17 PM
Original message
Things that I am ashamed of:
“Sometimes”

I am a caucasian
I am heterosexual
I am a male
I am a citizen of the United States

There are more, but these are the ones that seem to bother me the most. When I look at what “white, male, heterosexual” people have done, at times, to people of color, women, and LGBT people, it just makes me so ashamed to be what I am.

I’m certainly not trying to say that all caucasian, heterosexual males are to blame for all the ills of the world. It’s just that every time I see the images and hear the stories of what has been done, and what still is being done to so many people, I personally feel shame. Extreme anger first, but inevitably, shame.

What the hell is wrong with this world? Why can’t everybody just get up everyday and just do the best that they can for themselves and the people that they love without having to hurt others to do it? Why can’t we just let people be people?

I have been here everyday for a long time, just reading. I post very little, but I’m here everyday. I often times share my favorite posters with my wife, especially NG. Love you.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8291304

Only 80 posts and going for the "liberal, white guilt" pretty early is a sure sign this is a mole. You need to hide it better.

Wei Wu Wei
05-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Sad thing to be ashamed about. Race, Gender, and Sexual Orientation are all social constructions, much like "cliques" in high school, except people believe in them a lot more.

Kay
05-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I feel shame for him too. Any white male hetero that would even think
about posting such as that should hang his wimpy head in shame.

JB
05-07-2010, 07:20 PM
That's fucking weak.

I bet his hand loves him.

SarasotaRepub
05-07-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8291304

Only 80 posts and going for the "liberal, white guilt" pretty early is a sure sign this is a mole. You need to hide it better.

It's just one of us trying too hard...:D

I'd never do it that way. The post isn't too bad but the post count needs to be higher.

Bad Mole. ;)

Dan D. Doty
05-07-2010, 11:13 PM
What really is the sad thing about all this that people like Byrok will go out into the world and hurt others who remind them of themselves.

I've met a number of people just like this and they do go out of their way to hurt people instead of taking it out on the one they really hate ... themselves.

Veritas Aequitas
05-08-2010, 01:23 AM
What a fucking dink.

fettpett
05-08-2010, 08:38 AM
time for someone to hand in their "Man Card"

lacarnut
05-08-2010, 10:01 AM
He needs a few kicks in the nuts to match his wuzzieness.