PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 113

Troll
05-07-2010, 07:59 PM
What's it going to be, Pat? Are you watching tomorrow?

I'm picking Shogun over Machida via decision. I think Shogun has "solved" Machida.

Kimbo/Mitrione I don't care, but I'm predicting Kimbo with an early knockout.

I don't know why people dislike Koschek so much. I think he'll submit Daley.

patriot45
05-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I am a big Machida fan! The first fight was close, Lyoto kicks ass this time!

Matt Mitrione should kick Kimbos ass!

Troll
05-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I like Lyoto too, but I have a soft spot for the former Pride guys. I especially like how Shogun has done nothing but improve since he's joined UFC - I respect that on anybody.

Actually, if Lyoto won the fight, and if Anderson Silva wound up at 205 in the next year or so...that would be one for the history books. :eek: But I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that they've already said they wouldn't fight each other.

patriot45
05-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Lyoto and Anderson are buddies!:rolleyes: They said they will not fight each other! Those are the 2 best fighters out there! Well, in that weight class, GSP Beats them all!

Troll
05-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Final thoughts:

Kimbo doesn't belong at heavyweight. In fact, I don't think he belongs in the UFC.

Daley should never fight again. Koschek gets the actor of the year award.

(Almost) everything makes sense in the MMA world again. Everyone knows Shogun was robbed the first time around which made this fight extra sweet.

Speedy
05-09-2010, 01:42 AM
Kimbo doesn't belong at heavyweight. In fact, I don't think he belongs in the UFC.

What happened with Kimbo?

Troll
05-09-2010, 11:46 AM
What happened with Kimbo?

Matt Mitrione mopped the ring with him. Made it look easy, too.

Speedy
05-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Matt Mitrione mopped the ring with him. Made it look easy, too.

I always thought that Kimbo was nothing more than hype. Every single guy he fought and beat in backyards would have been beaten by any of the guys Kimbo beat and would get killed against top notch UFC opposition. Kimbo Slice was the Gerry Cooney of the UFC.

NJCardFan
05-09-2010, 09:08 PM
I always thought that Kimbo was nothing more than hype. Every single guy he fought and beat in backyards would have been beaten by any of the guys Kimbo beat and would get killed against top notch UFC opposition. Kimbo Slice was the Gerry Cooney of the UFC.

I saw a vid of Kimbo getting beat down by a guy who turned out to be a cop. And I do mean beat down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5L-fJLGfY

Never have I seen someone so overrated in my life.

NJCardFan
05-09-2010, 09:15 PM
This is the 2nd round of last nights fight. Can someone please tell me what took so long for the ref to stop the fight? Kimbo was completely defenseless and was getting pounded for a solid 2 minutes at least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knPOjkJaXtw

Speedy
05-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Never have I seen someone so overrated in my life.

Not even this guy?

http://signedsport.co.uk/images/GCooney.jpg

NJCardFan
05-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Not even close. Cooney was just the great white hope. He wasn't hyped as the 2nd coming like Kimbo was.

Speedy
05-09-2010, 09:23 PM
This is the 2nd round of last nights fight. Can someone please tell me what took so long for the ref to stop the fight? Kimbo was completely defenseless and was getting pounded for a solid 2 minutes at least.

What an ass kicking. About what I expected. Setups and tomato cans is all Kimbo ever beat in the UFC except for Houston Alexander. Alexander bought into the Kimbo is a badass hype and gave that fight again.

Speedy
05-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Not even close. Cooney was just the great white hope. He wasn't hyped as the 2nd coming like Kimbo was.

Cooney could not even fight. He was strictly a left hooker, had no right at all and only wore a mitt on his right hand so he wouldn't break up a set. No defense, slow.

Kimbo was hyped among UFC fans, but he could not ever equal the hype surrounding Cooney. Cooney was even introduced AFTER Champion Larry Holmes.