aka:PBS
05-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Judi Lynn (1000+ posts) Sat May-08-10 04:49 PM
Original message
Jimmy Carter hits the campaign trail with grandson
Source: Associated Press

Jimmy Carter hits the campaign trail with grandson
Associated Press Writer Shannon Mccaffrey, Associated Press Writer 28 mins ago

ATLANTA Most candidates for the state Legislature would love to campaign door-to-door with a former president, but Jason Carter wanted to keep his famous grandfather away for a while.

The grandson of Jimmy Carter wanted to do it on his own, without relying on his famous family name, even though grandma and grandpa have been asking for months to get out on the trail with him. The younger Carter finally relented with a special election for a vacant state Senate seat just days away and there were Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, handing out fliers and shaking hands Saturday with surprised residents in a tree-lined Atlanta neighborhood.

"Oh my gosh, President Carter I can't believe you're on my front lawn," Christine Marsteller said as Jimmy Carter slowly made his way up to her yard sale.

Yes, Marsteller said, absolutely she would vote for Jason Carter on Tuesday.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100508/ap_on_re_us/us_geor...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4373420

tabasco (1000+ posts) Sat May-08-10 05:01 PM
Response to Original message
2. Carter is one of the finest people ever to enter politics.
This corrupt nation did not deserve to have him as president and we showed him the door to usher in a soul-less puppet of the rich.

Even though I was a young-in during the carter era, I still know that he was such a dumbass.:D

Dan D. Doty
05-09-2010, 12:33 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4373420

Even though I was a young-in during the carter era, I still know that he was such a dumbass.:D

Me too.

What advice did he give the kid? " Keep blaming Isreal for everything".

AmPat
05-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Please God, not another Carter. Our gov't can't handle another liberal idiot in power.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-09-2010, 05:35 PM
I was alive and have vivid memories of this asshat's term in office. Double digit inflation. Double digit unemployment, twenty percent interest rates for a mortgage, gas lines, hostages held for over a year, the Soviet Union gaining power daily, Central America becoming a hotbed for anti-American communist forces that exported their violence. Wages plummeting faster than the stockmarket did last Thursday.

Oh, yeah he was SUCH a GREAT President!!! :rolleyes:

JB
05-09-2010, 07:00 PM
The misery index. The Department of Energy. The Department of Education. He should be at the bottom of anyone's Presidential Ranking list.

NJCardFan
05-09-2010, 07:57 PM
I was alive and have vivid memories of this asshat's term in office. Double digit inflation. Double digit unemployment, twenty percent interest rates for a mortgage, gas lines, hostages held for over a year, the Soviet Union gaining power daily, Central America becoming a hotbed for anti-American communist forces that exported their violence. Wages plummeting faster than the stockmarket did last Thursday.

Oh, yeah he was SUCH a GREAT President!!! :rolleyes:

Well, you know, it was probably Bush's fault. :eek:

Constitutionally Speaking
05-09-2010, 08:45 PM
The misery index. The Department of Energy. The Department of Education. He should be at the bottom of anyone's Presidential Ranking list.

He was so incredibly HORRIBLE that I thought he would FOREVER be thought of as the worst President in history. Obama just may top him in that category yet though. When the economy dumps late this year or early next year, Obama just may be bad enough to erase even Jimmy Carter's miserable records.

Odysseus
05-10-2010, 05:56 AM
I feel sorry for the guy. How can you tell your own grandfather that you'd rather that he didn't campaign for you?