PDA

View Full Version : G20 Summit forces MLB to move games out of Toronto

NJCardFan
05-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I didn't know whether or not to put this in the sports section but I feel it is a more political story than a sports story. The G20 Summit is set for Toronto this June and because of the asshattery that goes on thanks to liberal protesters, Major League Baseball is moving the Phillies/Blue Jays series to Philly. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AhuFeERLmZBFvtZZaYF0DiYRvLYF?slug=ap-phillies-bluejaysrelocated) Even though the Phils are going to be playing in their home ballpark, they will be the visiting team and the DH will be used. But thanks to the fear of what these summits usually deteriorate into, season ticket holders in Toronto are being cheated out of not only 3 home games but the return of Roy Halliday and seeing the defending NL champs. This would have never had to happen at a Tea Party rally. At least not from the Tea Partier's end of things. This just goes to show which side is the more peaceful side.

Tecate
05-11-2010, 11:38 PM
The G20 openly discusses setting up a world government, getting rid of the US dollar as the world's reserve currency, and paying carbon taxes to private central banks. I would hope there are more than just liberals and leftists standing up against a system of world-wide tyranny that is coming out in the open and announcing itself.

noonwitch
05-12-2010, 09:09 AM
As someone who lives in a rust belt city, I see this as a win for Philly. What's to protest?

Jfor
05-12-2010, 09:42 AM
As someone who lives in a rust belt city, I see this as a win for Philly. What's to protest?

Maybe the fact that your liberal brethren are nothing but thugs.

NJCardFan
05-12-2010, 10:09 AM

Philly isn't protesting anything. It's the liberal thugs disguised as anarchists who are going to be rioting in the streets of Toronto that caused MLB to move the series.

ralph wiggum
05-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Major League Baseball announced Tuesday a highly anticipated series between the Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies will be moved to Philadelphia due to concerns about the G20 summit.

The three-game series scheduled was June 25, 26 and 27 and expected to draw big crowds for the return of former Jays star Roy Halladay, who was traded to the Phillies during the off-season.

“After reviewing all the options with the parties and taking all of the security considerations into account, it was determined that the best course of action is to play the series in Philadelphia,” said MLB Commissioner Bud Selig in a statement.”

Jays president Paul Beeston said: “This was an extremely difficult decision and one which we did not take lightly. By moving our games to Philadelphia, we are acting in the best interests of fans, our employees, the players and the game of baseball. We did not want to move the games but in looking at the realities of this situation, we felt that relocation was the most prudent course of action.”

The rescheduled games will still be considered home games of the Blue Jays, who will bat last, and the designated hitter will be used.

LINK (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/g8-g20/news/jays-phillies-series-moving-to-philadelphia/article1564925/)

NJCardFan
05-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow. This looks familiar. http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=28077:rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
05-12-2010, 10:48 AM
D'OH!!!! :o

I hadn't opened your thread, because it didn't say anything about baseball in the title. Sorry!

PoliCon
05-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Um . . . the Pirates played the Red Sox - two games while the G20 was taking place here in Pittsburgh. Interestingly enough - our city didn't riot either . . . .

Speedy
05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Like the G20 is important or something. A bunch of worthless politicians sitting around with their thumbs up their asses proposing stupid shit that never gets done. The best thing that could happen would be to have the anarchists break through the barricades, beat all the leaders to death, burn them and drag their smoking carcasses through the streets and then hang them like those contractors in Iraq. I would pay to see that.

NJCardFan
05-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Um . . . the Pirates played the Red Sox - two games while the G20 was taking place here in Pittsburgh. Interestingly enough - our city didn't riot either . . . .

That's because a riot in Pittsburgh is nothing new. :p That, or no one cares about the Pirates.

PoliCon
05-12-2010, 12:02 PM
That's because a riot in Pittsburgh is nothing new. :p That, or no one cares about the Pirates.

There were no riots. Period. :p We only riot when it's Steeler's related. :p And as for the Pirates - of course no one cares - but they still had a crowd that would be comparable to the one expected in Toronto for the games being moved.

NJCardFan
05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
There were no riots. Period. :p We only riot when it's Steeler's related. :p And as for the Pirates - of course no one cares - but they still had a crowd that would be comparable to the one expected in Toronto for the games being moved.

So you're saying this didn't happen:http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/09/24/2009-09-24_17_to_19_protesters_arrested_in_pittsburgh_at_g 20_summit_as_tear_gas_riot_police.html

Police fired canisters of pepper spray and smoke and rubber bullets at marchers protesting the Group of 20 summit Thursday after anarchists responded to calls to disperse by rolling trash bins, throwing rocks and breaking windows.

noonwitch
05-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Philly isn't protesting anything. It's the liberal thugs disguised as anarchists who are going to be rioting in the streets of Toronto that caused MLB to move the series.

Don't the Toronto Police have tear gas and billy clubs?

I'm a liberal and the only protest I've ever participated in had to do with protesting Western Michigan University's investments in South Africa, during the apartheid years. That was a mattern of conscience-the state legislature passed a bill forbidding state institutions from investing in South African companies, and the Governor (Blanchard, at the time) signed it. WMU set up a "Western Foundation" to handle their investments, thinking they could skirt the law.

Those protests were not just by liberals. The organizer was an RCC minister, and the protests consisted of republicans and democrats alike, black and white students. The common thread was probably religion, not politics.