PDA

View Full Version : 0bama: Limbaugh can play with himself

ralph wiggum
05-12-2010, 12:16 PM
When President Obama was asked if he would play a round of golf with his talk-radio nemesis Rush Limbaugh, the response, relayed by a top Democrat, was: "Limbaugh can play with himself."

This is according to Zev Chafets in his new book, "Rush Limbaugh: An Army of One," due May 25 from Sentinel.

The caustic comeback is another example of the verbal venom between the White House and the conservative radio star. In an interview with CBS News last month, Obama called the views spelled out by Limbaugh and Fox News Channel's Glenn Beck "troublesome."

Chafets reports he encouraged Limbaugh to reach out to the president just after last July's "Beer Summit" that Obama hosted between Professor Henry Louis Gates and Sgt. Joseph Crowley, the Cambridge cop who arrested Gates after he locked himself out of his own home.

"You guys are both golfers," Chafets told Limbaugh. "Would you play a round with the president and show the country that there are no hard feelings?"

"He's the president of the United States," Limbaugh told Chafets. "If any president asked me to meet him, or play golf with him, I'd do it. But I promise you that will never happen. His base on the left would have a s--t-fit."

"How about letting me ask?" Chafets said.

"Go ahead," Limbaugh said. "Nothing will come of it."

LINK (http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/prez_won_play_rush_game_0sxY2hwqqIGJ1ccVpXw1RK)

NJCardFan
05-12-2010, 12:30 PM
And it's considered cool for the president to be this sarky. Imagine if Bush had said this. The meltdown from the left would have been legendary.

lacarnut
05-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Obama is a pathetic POS. He will shake hands and bow to our enemies but will not play a round of golf with an American icon. Obama has no class.

Chuck58
05-12-2010, 01:33 PM
The anointed one cannot stand to be questioned. Everybody is supposed to merely nod and obey every pronouncement he makes. The guy's got a chip on his shoulder the size of a fireplace log.

Disagree with him and you're the enemy, and Rush has spent a year disagreeing. I'm glad we'll be rid of him in less than 2 yrs. Our sole hope in the meantime is to stop him at Capitol Hill level in November. We can make him virtually ineffective by taking the House. I just hope it isn't too late by then.

noonwitch
05-12-2010, 01:51 PM
It's funny. Did the comment hurt poor Rush's feelings? Poor baby.

I like Ze'ev Chavets, though. He wrote a great book about Detroit that shows what the city was like in the 80s, from a lot of different perspectives. Coleman Young was not amused, but he gave Chavets a great interview and a couple of awesomely funny quotes when Chavets was interviewing him for the book.

Devil's Night And Other True Stories of Detroit.

ralph wiggum
05-12-2010, 02:12 PM

Actually, I don't think Rush even knew about 0bama's comment until this morning when this story hit the NY Post. That's more or less what he mentioned at the top of his radio show today.

He did cooperate with Chafets on the book, BTW.

Zathras
05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Not only is The Obumble a no class fool but he knows he would have his ass handed to him on the links by Rush. The man is a gutless coward.

lacarnut
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM

What is even funnier is that Obama and his band of thugs are so thin skinned that they have to rebut any negativity said about the furhur. I say keep it up cause Rush has made so much money he could buy and sell Obama a couple of times over. Additionally, Rush might beat him in a game of golf. That''s the real reason he will not play a round with Rush.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-12-2010, 08:51 PM

I like Ze'ev Chavets, though. He wrote a great book about Detroit that shows what the city was like in the 80s, from a lot of different perspectives. Coleman Young was not amused, but he gave Chavets a great interview and a couple of awesomely funny quotes when Chavets was interviewing him for the book.

Devil's Night And Other True Stories of Detroit.

Rush acted with class, saying of course he would play golf with ANY President.

PoliCon
05-12-2010, 10:50 PM
And it's considered cool for the president to be this sarky. Imagine if Bush had said this. The meltdown from the left would have been legendary.

which once again show exactly how hypocritical the left really is. Tolerant my ass. :rolleyes:

CaughtintheMiddle1990
05-12-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't think any president since Nixon has had this much of a disdain for commentators figures in the opposition. I kind of like it, just as I enjoy reading about Nixon putting the press in place throughout much of his career.

AmPat
05-13-2010, 12:04 AM

Despite your pathetic attempt, the childish fweeings hurt were obviously the Dear Leader's. Rush has more class in his toe jam than O Blah Blah could ever hope for. Besides, after seeing the spastic moron swing a club, Rush would embarrass him on the first hole.:cool:

CaughtintheMiddle1990
05-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Despite your pathetic attempt, the childish fweeings hurt were obviously the Dear Leader's. Rush has more class in his toe jam than O Blah Blah could ever hope for. Besides, after seeing the spastic moron swing a club, Rush would embarrass him on the first hole.:cool:

Real class--Mocking a guy with Parkinson's, telling blacks to get the bones out of their noses, being a pill poppin' junkie. Class all the way baby. Is Obama a class act? Nah. But let's not make a saint out of Rushbo.

lacarnut
05-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Real class--Mocking a guy with Parkinson's, telling blacks to get the bones out of their noses, being a pill poppin' junkie. Class all the way baby. Is Obama a class act? Nah. But let's not make a saint out of Rushbo.

No one is out to make a saint out of Rush. Rush is an entertainer and makes provocative statements. Obama is the president and should try to maintain a high level of excellence opposed to a low class Chicago thug.

05-13-2010, 06:38 AM

Rush is not a saint, but (of course) you believe the lies that Media Matters puts out there instead of what actually happened.

Odysseus
05-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Unlikely. Rush will certainly use it in his show, just as he has used all of Obama's other swipes at him, but the fact is that when push came to shove, Rush was willing to respect the office of the president and put aside his personal feelings, while Obama was petty and unpresidential.

Rush didn't mock Michael J. Fox. He simply pointed out that when Fox made an ad in support of a law legalizing human cloning, his movements looked as if he had not been taking his medication. In fact, Fox had previously admitted that he would not take his medication in order to allow his symptoms to be more pronounced for certain public appearances. In his book “Lucky Man” June 1, 2002. described his appearance before a Senate appropriations subcommittee hearing in Washington on September 28th, 1999:

“I had made a deliberate choice to appear before the subcommittee without medication. It seemed to me that this occasion demanded that my testimony about the effects of the disease and the urgency we as a community were feeling be seen as well as heard. For people who had never observed me in this kind of shape, the transformation must have been startling.”

He also didn't make the comment about blacks getting the bones out of their noses. That was a complete fabrication.

The pain-killer addiction has been discussed here before, but I will point out that it's extremely easy to get addicted to oxycontin, or any opiate, especially when taken for prolonged periods for chronic medical conditions, and one of the consequences of prolonged dosing is that the increasing tolerance for the drugs feeds the addiction. Rush wasn't scoring to get high, he was trying to keep the pain of his back injury manageable.

Regardless, you're one for three, and none of it mitigates Obama's conduct, nor does it change the fact that of the two, Rush behaved in a more gentlemanly manner.

noonwitch
05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
It's not like W and Dick Cheney never said anything derogatory toward their detractors.

fettpett
05-13-2010, 09:49 AM
It's not like W and Dick Cheney never said anything derogatory toward their detractors.

ah, but they didn't go on 1 1/2yr long campaigns to try and destroy their detractors. just the opposite, they tried to get along and did many interviews with the leftist media. They did far more interviews with CNN/MSM/ABC/NBC/CBS than Fox News, Rush, Beck, Hannity, etc combined, even if you do it proportionally.

yeah, a comment was said about a journalist, and i'm sure they bitched about them behind closed doors, but it wasn't the same as Obama

lacarnut
05-13-2010, 10:24 AM

The Magic Negro and half a brain Biden have surpassed W and Dick in a short order time frame. Obama can not help himself; he is just low class.

noonwitch
05-13-2010, 11:01 AM
The Magic Negro and half a brain Biden have surpassed W and Dick in a short order time frame. Obama can not help himself; he is just low class.

Low class means that you can't get multiple drunk driving convictions and still end up Vice President.

Nothing Obama has said is any worse than anything Cheney and Bush have said. Politics is an ugly business, and they all say nasty things about each other.

fettpett
05-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Low class means that you can't get multiple drunk driving convictions and still end up Vice President.

Nothing Obama has said is any worse than anything Cheney and Bush have said. Politics is an ugly business, and they all say nasty things about each other.

what did Bush and Co say that were personal attacks on anyone in the leftist press besides the one comment made in PRIVATE that was caught by a mic? And not the Right media, but the actual Administration

we can find a year and a half of comments made by Obama and Co about Rush and Fox.

NJCardFan
05-13-2010, 11:13 AM

Tell me of an instance where Bush or Cheney said something so juvenile as telling someone they can go play with themselves. Or calling a movement protesting his policies a derogatory term like "teabaggers". The closest is when Cheney told a senator to go fuck themselves. But that said, I thought Liberals are supposed to be above all of that? Apparently not.

ralph wiggum
05-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Tell me of an instance where Bush or Cheney said something so juvenile as telling someone they can go play with themselves. Or calling a movement protesting his policies a derogatory term like "teabaggers". The closest is when Cheney told a senator to go fuck themselves. But that said, I thought Liberals are supposed to be above all of that? Apparently not.

President Bush called a NY Times reporter a "first-class a-hole". Just saying.

NJCardFan
05-13-2010, 11:23 AM
President Bush called a NY Times reporter a "first-class a-hole". Just saying.
He wasn't president when he made that comment. Just sayin'. He also said if "off mike" meaning that it wasn't a part of an official interview.

noonwitch
05-13-2010, 11:27 AM

Dick Cheney used the f word when talking to Patrick Leahy on the floor of Congress.

As far as the term teabaggers goes, I'll stand by my comment a few weeks ago. The more the people associated with that movement cry about that name, the more it's going to get used. You all were better off pretending you didn't know what that meant in slang.

KhrushchevsShoe
05-13-2010, 02:14 PM
John McCain called his wife a heinous ****, or something along those lines, in front of reporters once. I really dont mind it when politicians do things like this, it shows us they are still human beings who speak and think the same way we do. Its reassuring.

Zathras
05-13-2010, 02:37 PM
John McCain called his wife a heinous ****, or something along those lines, in front of reporters once.

Since when did the word Yeti trigger the censor filter?

lacarnut
05-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Dick Cheney used the f word when talking to Patrick Leahy on the floor of Congress.

As far as the term teabaggers goes, I'll stand by my comment a few weeks ago. The more the people associated with that movement cry about that name, the more it's going to get used. You all were better off pretending you didn't know what that meant in slang.

I don't mind a little colorful language by politicians including the Prez. What I do mind is the media's bias when it comes to the F bomb word. Every liberal reporter gets their bowels in an uproar when a Repubs spouts it off but it's no big deal when a Democrat does it.

Liberals enjoy using the word teabaggers because they are in bed with the homos, lesbos, transgenders and other freaks.

05-13-2010, 03:35 PM

You do know that Leahy just got done smearing Cheney in public and then tried to buddy up to him literally minutes later, didn't you???

FlaGator
05-13-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't mind a little colorful language by politicians including the Prez. What I do mind is the media's bias when it comes to the F bomb word. Every liberal reporter gets their bowels in an uproar when a Repubs spouts it off but it's no big deal when a Democrat does it.

Liberals enjoy using the word teabaggers because they are in bed with the homos, lesbos, transgenders and other freaks.

If conservatives are teabaggers doesn't that put the libs on the receiving end?

05-13-2010, 03:36 PM

Call me naive, but I didn't know until Anderson Cooper used the term.

lacarnut
05-13-2010, 04:07 PM
If conservatives are teabaggers doesn't that put the libs on the receiving end?

The liberal loving fags are going to get rear ended come Nov 2. We will see what a low class bitch Pisslosi is when she has to hand over the speaker's gavel to a Repub. The Tea Party is going to oust the Senate Speaker. The trifecta will be if JD wins.

lacarnut
05-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Call me naive, but I didn't know until Anderson Cooper used the term.

Me neither. Does not surprise me that deranged Democrats would know the meaning.

Lanie
05-13-2010, 05:26 PM
That's actually pretty funny.

Wei Wu Wei
05-13-2010, 06:22 PM
which once again show exactly how hypocritical the left really is. Tolerant my ass. :rolleyes:

your imagination of a hypothetical situation is proof of characteristics of an imaginary undefined group of people?

Nice.

Bush had a foul mouth and I found it hilarious. He was totally disrespectful to reporters and that was one of the best things about his press conferences.

PoliCon
05-14-2010, 12:06 AM
your imagination of a hypothetical situation is proof of characteristics of an imaginary undefined group of people?

Nice.

Bush had a foul mouth and I found it hilarious. He was totally disrespectful to reporters and that was one of the best things about his press conferences.

I'm sorry . . . did someone say something? Cause I could swear that someone tried to say something but all I hear is the braying of an ass . . . with his head up his own ass.

05-14-2010, 12:44 AM

While Cheney has been critical of this adminstration, Bush has been incredibly gracious - especially how this administration has savaged him.

KhrushchevsShoe
05-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Well, George Bush never lived in the Death Star.

05-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Well, George Bush never lived in the Death Star.

One of his many regrets!