PDA

View Full Version : Edwards Urged To Address Love Child Flap

Gingersnap
08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Edwards urged to address baby story
Could face snub at party convention

Edwards has called the claims that he fathered a child with a campaign videographer 'tabloid trash.'
Mark Johnson, The Charlotte Observer

RALEIGH - Former Sen. John Edwards might have to move quickly to save his spot on the national stage.
With two weeks before their national convention, several prominent Democrats are saying Edwards must publicly address anonymously sourced National Enquirer stories that claim he had an affair with a campaign worker and fathered her baby.

Democrats gather in Denver on Aug. 25 and Edwards, as the 2004 vice presidential nominee and a presidential candidate who won delegates this year, ordinarily would be a speaker.

Instead some Democrats say convention organizers will try to avoid the lingering questions if Edwards himself doesn't talk.

"He absolutely does have to [resolve it]. If it's not true, he has to issue a stronger denial," said Gary Pearce, the Democratic strategist who ran Edwards' 1998 Senate race. "It's a very damaging thing. ... The big media has tried to be responsible and handle this with kid gloves, but it's clearly getting ready to bust out. If it's not true, he's got to stand up and say, 'This is not true. That is not my child and I'm going to take legal action against the people who are spreading these lies.' It's not enough to say, 'That's tabloid trash.' "

He certainly has some explaining to do. At last the drive-by media is taking notice of this idiocy. Can you imagine how they would have hounded a Republican over something like this?

News Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/politics/politicians/edwards/story/1167797.html)

ReaganForRus
08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
What type of man does this, much less to a wife who is battling cancer?:mad:

Gingersnap
08-07-2008, 08:09 PM

That would be "a politican" for $500, Alex. :D

SarasotaRepub
08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh please, we all know the POS would be suing if this wasn't true. :rolleyes:

Jumpy
08-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Was it Rudy Gullianies wife who was battling cancer, as he was cheating on her... or was it Newts wife? I cant remember. I will say that it takes a weak man, who is not fit to lead our country.

In other words.. What Gingersnap said..

Zathras
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh please, we all know the POS would be suing if this wasn't true. :rolleyes:

Another thing to remember is the Enquierer was the first to bring Bill and Monica's trist to the light.

Gingersnap
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Another thing to remember is the Enquierer was the first to bring Bill and Monica's trist to the light.

I would not trust the tabs on weight loss, UFOs, or fashion but they are pretty much right on the money with sex scandals nowadays. They've been sued and learned from it.

Elspeth
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I would not trust the tabs on weight loss, UFOs, or fashion but they are pretty much right on the money with sex scandals nowadays. They've been sued and learned from it.

You mean they're not accurate on UFOs?:eek:

(I'm stunned, I tell you.)

Gingersnap
08-07-2008, 09:49 PM
You mean they're not accurate on UFOs?:eek:

(I'm stunned, I tell you.)

Yeti/human hybrids - yes. Space aliens - no. Go figure.