PDA

View Full Version : Another Worst of Thursday Thread

FlaGator
05-13-2010, 08:09 AM
A very warm day here in North Florida. Not rain expected but temps in the low 90s.

TOTD: What would you says is the worse movie(s) that you have ever paid to see? There was this horror flick in the 90's called 'Ghost in the Machine'. I can't believe that I actually set through this whole awful thing expecting it to get better. In a tie with 'Ghost in the Machine' is 'Hudson Hawk' with Bruce Willis and Andie McDowell. That was a waste of $7.00 and more importantly 2 hours that I can never get back.

linda22003
05-13-2010, 08:38 AM
TOTD: What would you says is the worse movie(s) that you have ever paid to see? There was this horror flick in the 90's called 'Ghost in the Machine'. I can't believe that I actually set through this whole awful thing expecting it to get better. In a tie with 'Ghost in the Machine' is 'Hudson Hawk' with Bruce Willis and Andie McDowell. That was a waste of $7.00 and more importantly 2 hours that I can never get back.

I think you mean to say "worst". "Hudson Hawk" is definitely on anyone's worst list. "Bonfire of the Vanities" was pretty awful. "There's Something About Mary" is in the category of "two hours I'll never get back".
Brightening up, on edit: I didn't PAY to see any of them. I just had to click the "off" button.

PoliCon
05-13-2010, 09:05 AM
TOTD: Oh this is easy: The English Patient. I was never so board in my life. And what made it worse - she didn't even put out after I sat through that hell.

Gingersnap
05-13-2010, 10:01 AM
It's chilly and foggy out here but things should warm up and dry out (kind of) through next week. Still not beach volleyball weather, though.

TOTD: Geez, where to begin? The Blair Witch Project, No Country for Old Men, Babylon A.D., Fear Dot Com, the list goes on and on. :eek:

ralph wiggum
05-13-2010, 10:09 AM
It's chilly and foggy out here but things should warm up and dry out (kind of) through next week. Still not beach volleyball weather, though.

TOTD: Geez, where to begin? The Blair Witch Project, No Country for Old Men, Babylon A.D., Fear Dot Com, the list goes on and on. :eek:

What? :eek:

Gingersnap
05-13-2010, 10:18 AM
What? :eek:

I've seen all their movies and I just thought this was their worst one. It really lacked the black humor they are known for.

FlaGator
05-13-2010, 10:53 AM
OH... I can't believe I forgot this one. I had a girl friend at the time that made me sit through it.... 'Tess'. When they stopped the film for an intermission I was certain that I was in hell and I'd have to watch this boring piece of garbage for eternity. The things we do for love.

Rockntractor
05-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Barack and Michelle go to Washington.

Articulate_Ape
05-13-2010, 11:57 AM
TOTD: Oh this is easy: The English Patient. I was never so board in my life. And what made it worse - she didn't even put out after I sat through that hell.

Ain't that the truth. What a steaming pile of shit that movie was.

Rebel Yell
05-13-2010, 12:04 PM
This brings to mind the last movie I saw in the theater. I wanted to see Clash of the Titans, but it was my wife's friend's birthday. Her and her husband wanted to see The Bounty Hunter. I thought Gerard Butler might be able to cancel out the Jennifer Anniston factor. I was wrong.

linda22003
05-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh! I know an even worse one! "The Piano". WTF was THAT? I didn't make it to the end of it, and laughed out loud when I was told that she deliberately got entangled in a rope to get pulled off the boat. If only she'd done that around the twenty-minute mark.

Gingersnap
05-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I feel lucky that I miss a lot of howlers just naturally. I despise chick flicks, romantic comedies (I've never seen Hugh Grant in anything), kid movies, virtually all political movies, and anything that is an "updated" fill-in-the-blank. This removes a lot of really horrible movie experiences from my life before they have a chance to happen.

M21
05-13-2010, 12:53 PM
More snow this morning. :D

TOTD: Born on the 4th of July.

lacarnut
05-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Barack and Michelle go to Washington.

That's a loser for sure!

Zathras
05-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Hey now, don't be knocking The Hawk....It may be bad but it makes me laugh every time I watch it.

As for the worst movie I've ever paid to see in a theater, that honor has to go to the piece of cinematic drek known as Robot Jox. Saw it as a sneak preview...thought it had promise...giant robots beating the crap out of each other and such. No such luck.

FlaGator
05-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey now, don't be knocking The Hawk....It may be bad but it makes me laugh every time I watch it.

As for the worst movie I've ever paid to see in a theater, that honor has to go to the piece of cinematic drek known as Robot Jox. Saw it as a sneak preview...thought it had promise...giant robots beating the crap out of each other and such. No such luck.

The title alone should have been a dead give away.

Zathras
05-13-2010, 02:40 PM
The title alone should have been a dead give away.

Yeah, but I had hope and I was young.

djones520
05-13-2010, 02:45 PM
TOTD: Thats a tough one. It's a toss up between Freddie Got Fingered and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

jendf
05-13-2010, 02:57 PM
TOTD: The Talented Mr. Ripley and the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake.

Bubba Dawg
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I really liked No Country for Old Men.

Worst I can remember paying for was one of the sequels to Highlander(I enjoyed the original).

I rented Borat and hated it.

I saw Pearl Harbor (with Ben Affleck.) on Satellite. I have to pay for that.

Kay
05-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Gangs of New York. I rented it at the video store primarily because I liked Leonardo at the time, and the box said it was nominated for 9 or 10 academy awards. So I thought it would be decent. From the minute it came it on, it was horrid to me. I finally turned it off and never finished it. That one ranks up there in my top 2 or 3 worst evers.

PoliCon
05-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Ain't that the truth. What a steaming pile of shit that movie was.

THANK YOU! It was soooooo long and sooooo boring and sooooo stupid. . . . I only sat through it because I thought I was gonna get some at the end! :rolleyes: If I had known she was gonna be a prude I would have got up and left.

PoliCon
05-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Gangs of New York. I rented it at the video store primarily because I liked Leonardo at the time, and the box said it was nominated for 9 or 10 academy awards. So I thought it would be decent. From the minute it came it on, it was horrid to me. I finally turned it off and never finished it. That one ranks up there in my top 2 or 3 worst evers.

Usually if I find out a movie has been nominated by the academy - I avoid it. Those assholes don't know good. :rolleyes: