PDA

View Full Version : Sleaziest Televangelist

Rebel Yell
08-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Who is the sleaziest televangelist you've seen? SHow him to us. I'd prefer not to get "all of them" as an answer. The best are usually local crooks. I watch this one every chance I get, just for the comedy. MSTRBLUE will know who I'm talking about.
I see this freak on Saturday mornings if I'm up ealry enough. Rev. Roosevelt Franklin and his wife, well see for yourself. From his website...http://revrooseveltfranklin.org/index.html

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/Cane_Nation/Crook.jpg

WE BELIEVE IN THE ALMIGHTY GOD!!!!!

Do you need help quick and in a hurry? Well, you are in the right place. As in Ecclesiates it states... Money answereth all things.

Welcome to the City of Franklin with Rev. Roosevelt Franklin "The Original Georgia Prophet". Rev. Roosevelt Franklin can get you the help that you need quick and in a hurry.

Are you experiencing problems? Can you answer yes to the following questions?

<snip>

If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you could have a spell placed on you. Someone is using black magic on you. This bad luck could be an evil spirit that was placed by a witch to drain all of your positive energy and make you feel down in your luck.

You may ask: What do I do to help myself? You need to write to the Rev. Roosevelt Franklin and His Clear Thinkers. They have travelled to find the solution to your problems. They can help put you back on the right track. Don't hesitate to write to them right away and Get yourself straightened out quick and in a hurry!!!!

Do you need help with an upcoming court case? Rev. Roosevelt Franklin can help you with that. Write to him so that you can receive the blessing that you need to help you win that court case. He can have you coming out with a victory. If you are having a hard time right now, write to the Rev. Roosevelt Franklin. You will see how good and how quick he can bless you and supply you with your needs. If you are sick and about to go into the hospital, write to the Rev. Roosevelt Franklin. He can help you with the power of the Almighty God. If you want to bring money into your home, all you have to do is write to the Rev. Roosevelt Franklin. He will send you that special blessing. It will change your life.

Why suffer when there is relief in sight? The Almighty God has gifted "The Original Georgia Prophet" Rev. Roosevelt Franklin to help thousands and thousands all over the world and he is now waiting to help you. Write to him today, and you will be glad that you did. Let him put you on the right track, that fast money track so that you can have the things that you want. God wants you to prosper. God wants you to prosper with Rev. Roosevelt Franklin's Prosperity Plan. Rev. Roosevelt Franklin is "God's Errand Boy". His chore and job is to provide you with the prosperity plan to get you all the money that you need.

Thousands upon thousands of people have been blessed by Rev. Roosevelt Franklin's prosperity plan. Many people are using the prosperity as we speak today. Do not be the only one without this plan. Get it together and write to him today. Some of you may feel sick, tired, or just not at your best. You cannot get the energy to do the things that you need to do. You just want to say in the bed all day. You do not want to do anything to help yourself. Get the help you need today with the Rev. Roosevelt Franklin. He can help you get out of that rut that you are in. Why walk around with a bowed down head. Let Rev. Roosevelt Franklin help you hold your head up high. Just write to him today. Within a few days, you will have your head held high and money in your pockets.

LogansPapa
08-07-2008, 12:06 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0613gR421DdVp/340x.jpg

Benny Hinn. No lower form of life on Earth.

LibraryLady
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I don't know his name but there's some toupeed guy that comes on in the middle of the night pushing little green towels. If you pray and wave it, all your dreams come true.

I get creeped out by Joel Osteen too.

Rebel Yell
08-07-2008, 12:14 PM

I don't know, chaeck out Roosevelt Franklin's testimonoals.

The Winning Verdict

Dear Rev. Roosevelt Franklin,

I had to go to court a few months back for something that I did not do. I was so nervous because I did not know what to do. I knew I was innocent, but I did not know how the case was going to turn out. My lawyer did not have a good case and he was not sure of how to get the evidence he needed to help me win my case. I came across your website and I got the "Good Luck in Court Charm". In a matter of days, my case was looking good. My lawyer found what he needed to get my case thrown out of court. He didn't know how it happened. I was able to get my life back in order. Thank you Rev. Roosevelt Franklin. You have helped me in such a great way.

S. A.

Jacksonville, Florida

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I FOUND THE ANSWERS THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!

Dear Rev. Roosevelt Franklin,

I was really hurt when my boyfriend decided to end our 5 year relationship. I purchased your "Get Your Loved One Back Spell". Within a week, he called "just to talk". After we talked for a few days, he asked to see me again. I told him that I wanted to date other people and that if he truly loved me he would wait for me. He did exactly that. He called me everyday and told me that I was the one for him. He asked me to marry him. We will be married in the next few months. Thank you Rev. Roosevelt Franklin. You have helped me in such a wonderful way.

Sincerely,

A.C.

San Jose, California

Rebel Yell
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I don't know his name but there's some toupeed guy that comes on in the middle of the night pushing little green towels. If you pray and wave it, all your dreams come true.

I get creeped out by Joel Osteen too.

My wife just bought one of Joel Osteen's books. He is a good self help guru, but I don't put much faith in a preacher whose church has no religious symbols in ti anywhere.

linda22003
08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Who is the sleaziest televangelist you've seen? I'd prefer not to get "all of them" as an answer.

In that case, I'm out. :rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
In that case, I'm out. :rolleyes:

There has to be one that stands out.;)

linda22003
08-07-2008, 12:25 PM

Pretty snappy dresser, though.

Molon Labe
08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
My wife just bought one of Joel Osteen's books. He is a good self help guru, but I don't put much faith in a preacher whose church has no religious symbols in ti anywhere.

He is a total prosperity preacher....which is akin to saying he teaches 1/100 of the gospel. That's like teaching none of it to me. Christian's of all walks should be wary of him.

linda22003
08-07-2008, 12:26 PM
There has to be one that stands out.;)

I haven't really made a study of them. As soon as I see one is on TV I tend to pick up the remote pretty quickly. I think Benny is the one who pushes people down, and then there's that old one with the "Mr. Haney" accent and the horrifying toupee. I haven't gone out of my way to study any of their deep messages.

Molon Labe
08-07-2008, 12:27 PM

Yes...He is a freak. Another man who bastardizes a faith.

LogansPapa
08-07-2008, 12:27 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/ShawnML2/dove_one_article_page_graphic.jpg

Benny's aircraft. When Benny heard that 'the meek shall inheret the Earth í he said, "SCREW THAT!" :cool:

Molon Labe
08-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Here's the idiot in action
There's nothing in scripture (I'm aware of) that says a man will have this type of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

linda22003
08-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I "wikipedia'ed" Benny Hinn and it said he was a follower of Kathryn Kuhlman's. That's going back a ways, but what a freakshow she was. :eek:

Gingersnap
08-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I "wikipedia'ed" Benny Hinn and it said he was a follower of Kathryn Kuhlman's. That's going back a ways, but what a freakshow she was. :eek:

My grandmother never failed to watch Kuhlman's show but she always watching it for free. She liked Kuhlman but not enough to send her $5 bucks. ;)

linda22003
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
I was raised in very mainstream Protestantism, among people with no tolerance for these theatrics. I remember my mother's mother as a very serious, sedate woman. My mother said that when she was a child, in the 1920s, grandmother was invited to a tent revival by a neighbor, and went, to be polite. It was all fire and brimstone and people writhing and yodeling (excuse me, speaking in "tongues"). Mother said they had to leave hurriedly because my grandmother was so convulsed in laughter. She managed to hold a handkerchief over her mouth as they exited, so people would think she was overcome with emotion, instead of derision!

Rebel Yell
08-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I was raised in very mainstream Protestantism, among people with no tolerance for these theatrics. I remember my mother's mother as a very serious, sedate woman. My mother said that when she was a child, in the 1920s, grandmother was invited to a tent revival by a neighbor, and went, to be polite. It was all fire and brimstone and people writhing and yodeling (excuse me, speaking in "tongues"). Mother said they had to leave hurriedly because my grandmother was so convulsed in laughter. She managed to hold a handkerchief over her mouth as they exited, so people would think she was overcome with emotion, instead of derision!

Same here, I was raised Frewill Baptist. My Grandaddy was a hell, fire, and brimstone preacher, but I've never seen anyone speak in tongues at the church. It's just an old country church with about 40 people there on a good Sunday. Nothing fancy, some people wear jeans, only a couple wear suits. He passed away in 1993, it still seems wierd for me to see someone else behind that pulpit.

I'm skeptical of most preachers in general, because I knew what kind of man my Grandaddy was Monday through Saturday. He got paid $50 a week from the church and put it right back in the collection plate. To me that is what a preacher is suppose to be like.

noonwitch
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Pat Robertson gets on my nerves, but I wouldn't call him sleazy. I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to keep the money straight in his organization.

Benny Hinn is sleazy, so is Jack Van Impe (although he has the added fun benefit fo being deranged).

No one currently is as good at the sleaze as Jim Bakker was in the heydays of PTL. After I watched the show a couple of times, I found it hard to believe that so many people sent him money-he was so obviously a fraud. When the wife gives the minister a pair of giraffes for his birthday, well, you just know that money isn't going to teach little children in Africa about Jesus.

LogansPapa
08-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Benny Hinn is sleazy, so is Jack Van Impe (although he has the added fun benefit fo being deranged).

http://www.culturefreak.com/images/Jack_VanImpe_Rexella.gif

I don't know, Rexella sure puts lead in my pencil. :rolleyes:

Theophilus
08-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Male - Joel Osteen

Female - Joyce Meyer

Both are prophets of profit.

LogansPapa
08-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Pretty snappy dresser, though.

From what Iíve been told, so is Satan. :cool:

DarkScribe
08-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I always thought that Jack Van Impe dude to be a little creepy...that and his blonde wife. What a pair they make. And his name, Impe. Imp. I dunno. Maybe I read too many horror novels. :rolleyes:

LogansPapa
08-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I always thought that Jack Van Impe dude to be a little creepy...that and his blonde wife. What a pair they make.

Seeing them perform oral sex on each other would probably gag Satan himself.:eek:

LibraryLady
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
I didn't know their names but the Crouch's are really disgusting. They sit in big gold thrones and her hair is usually a kind of violet colour. UGH.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Global%20Gore/tbnprayer.jpg

I have never heard any real negatives about Billy Graham (I don't like Franklin though) and oddly enough,my family knows James Robison and Betty Freeman.

LogansPapa
08-07-2008, 06:02 PM
I didn't know their names but the Crouch's are really disgusting. They sit in big gold thrones and her hair is usually a kind of violet colour. UGH.

Yeah, but she can cry at the drop of a hat.;)

Molon Labe
08-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Robert Tilton is one of the worst. He deserves this ridicule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ruo5TLJvLk

:p

LogansPapa
08-07-2008, 06:38 PM
http://www.nightcharm.com/imagesblog/2006/09/090506_tbn2.jpg

Her and Roxella together: HOT!

Zafod
08-07-2008, 07:24 PM
OMG What the FUCK IS THAT!!!????

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/brittahoskins/vance_and_jan_crouch_op_800x619.jpg

OMG!!!

Its like a mythic creature that should have died a long time ago...

http://www.tbn.org/about/newsletter/0006/000614.jpg

I am talking about the hair.

The rest is fucking barfy too.

jendf
08-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Male - Joel Osteen

Female - Joyce Meyer

Both are prophets of profit.

+1

I'm very wary of "health and wealth" preachers out there these days. The Bible doesn't say that if you accept Jesus, you will have perfect health and vast amounts of money and success. It says you will endure suffering for your faith. You don't see too many folks preaching that gospel. ;)

I admit I actually went to hear Joyce Meyer speak in person when she was here in Phoenix several years ago. She started speaking in tongues or something....but it was very phony and the hairs on my neck stood up. I haven't listened to her or anyone who appears on TBN or any TV station since.

Jumpy
08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Benny Hinn.

My father, in his retirement, taxi drives for the local Amish, and Mennonites who do not own cars. .
A vanloaid of them when to a BennyHinn Rally in Philly. Dad said it was horrible. Sooooo many sick people,
looking to be healed.. and they never made it past the nosebleed seats, all the while Benny Hinn is begging for money. Only a select few of the sick ever made it to the front.

Lots of anti BennyHinn Christians were handing out literature to the folks going into the rally.

Benny Hinn is a false prophet. If they have ever predicted something to happen.. and it has not happened, then they are false prophets. The Bible is quite clear on that. So is Oral Roberts, Pat Robertson.. and many more of them. blech. Benny Hinn makes me want to puke. I cannot believe that so many people fall for his act.

My vote goes to Benny Hinn..although that Crouch wife with the hair and makeup.. she rates right up there.

linda22003
08-08-2008, 09:16 AM
OMG What the FUCK IS THAT!!!????

That is apparently this guy's way around the gay marriage thing, because (doing my best Austin Powers) "That's a MAN, baby!"

noonwitch
08-08-2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.culturefreak.com/images/Jack_VanImpe_Rexella.gif

I don't know, Rexella sure puts lead in my pencil. :rolleyes:

I know her hairdresser, and let's just say that the drapes and the carpet don't match very well.

LogansPapa
08-08-2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/super316/blog/Jack_VanImpe.gif

Go Jack - GO!! :p

Zafod
08-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I know her hairdresser, and let's just say that the drapes and the carpet don't match very well.

Now why the fuck would you take me down that road?

Fuck thats gross....