PDA

View Full Version : Veggie, Hot and Sausage Dogs and the People Who Love Them

Rockntractor
05-16-2010, 05:00 PM
funny that our discussion got pulled out...

We were of topic and if we wanted to revisit it it needed to be in a separate thread.

fettpett
05-16-2010, 05:01 PM
We were of topic and if we wanted to revisit it it needed to be in a separate thread.

yeah i know, just saying :D

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 03:31 AM
I know you have a history with the SDA church, but i've never seen it that way and I grew up in the church too. But I wasn't talking about eating meat or not, just what kind of meat :D

of course Adventists have been at the forefront of medical/dietary research and main stream research is just now starting to come to the same conclusions, even to the point that Disney looked to the Adventist to help build their Hospital in Florida.

oh, btw i do eat meat and always have Now I understand why you feed veggie dogs to your poor kids. :rolleyes:

fettpett
05-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Now I understand why you feed veggie dogs to your poor kids. :rolleyes:

maybe if you'd tried them you wouldn't be such a shrimp :D :p

FlaGator
05-17-2010, 10:36 AM

I heard veggie dogs could lead to impotency....

I'm just saying.

fettpett
05-17-2010, 10:37 AM
I heard veggie dogs could lead to impotency....

I'm just saying.

never had an issue with that, i do have 3 kids after all :D

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Please. :rolleyes:

fettpett
05-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Please. :rolleyes:

pm me your address and i'll send you a can :D maybe you'll finally become a big boy :D :p

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 11:37 AM
pm me your address and i'll send you a can :D maybe you'll finally become a big boy :D :p
No thank you. Real mean eat meat. Sissies eat veggie shit.

fettpett
05-17-2010, 11:46 AM
No thank you. Real mean eat meat. Sissies eat veggie shit.

I eat meat :p

besides, at lest I know whats going into my hot dogs :eek:

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 11:48 AM
I eat meat :p

besides, at lest I know whats going into my hot dogs :eek:

So do I. :p I buy Hebrew Nationals myself. :p

fettpett
05-17-2010, 11:55 AM

they aren't bad, little expensive for the number you get (i believe for the same price you can get a can of big franks that has 2x as many hot dogs)...but all they have to do is have a Rabi come in and bless the place and it's considered "Kosher"

I worked at Rhodes Bak-N-Serv and that's all they did to get that little symbol on their package. pretty dumb if you ask me, but I'm not Jewish so it doesn't matter to me that much.

my only real gripe with most vegetarian meat-substitutes is the amount of sodium in them. there is WAY too much.

Rockntractor
05-17-2010, 12:49 PM
they aren't bad, little expensive for the number you get (i believe for the same price you can get a can of big franks that has 2x as many hot dogs)...but all they have to do is have a Rabi come in and bless the place and it's considered "Kosher"

I worked at Rhodes Bak-N-Serv and that's all they did to get that little symbol on their package. pretty dumb if you ask me, but I'm not Jewish so it doesn't matter to me that much.

my only real gripe with most vegetarian meat-substitutes is the amount of sodium in them. there is WAY too much.

If it wasn't for the salt they wouldn't have any flavor at all, I grew up eating the dam things. We used to go over to my grandmas house and raid the refrigerator for real ones, of course they were all beef. Grandma was a carnivorous SDA.

FlaGator
05-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Personally I detest hot dogs whether veggie dogs (especially veggie dogs) or any of the meat filled varity. I do have a soft spot for sausage dogs. The Hillshire Farms Polska Kielbasa are yummy.

Rockntractor
05-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Personally I detest hot dogs whether veggie dogs (especially veggie dogs) or any of the meat filled varity. I do have a soft spot for sausage dogs. The Hillshire Farms Polska Kielbasa are yummy.

You are of the coarser ground persuasion. You would have liked the old fashioned coarse ground wieners.

FlaGator
05-17-2010, 01:38 PM
You are of the coarser ground persuasion. You would have liked the old fashioned coarse ground wieners.

Perhaps, but I have loved sausage dogs since I was a kid. I associate them with going to the fair. As an adult the first thing I do when I go to any fair is find out where they serve the Italian sausage dogs and order one! :)

Gingersnap
05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't mind the concept of meat substitutes much but since almost all of them contain soy, they're off the menu for me.

I think that religious/ethical vegans and vegetarians should just skip the fake meat stage. Eat whatever it is you can eat and move along. Clinging to fake meat seems kind of cowardly to me.

fettpett
05-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't mind the concept of meat substitutes much but since almost all of them contain soy, they're off the menu for me.

I think that religious/ethical vegans and vegetarians should just skip the fake meat stage. Eat whatever it is you can eat and move along. Clinging to fake meat seems kind of cowardly to me.

depends on the product. some stuff does have soy, but most is actually made out of flour(gluten) and spices.

the analog stuff is for people who are transitioning to completely vegetarian diet...just most people stick with them afterward

NJCardFan
05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I saw something on a window of a truck today that made me nearly crash my car. It said, "Vegetarian: A Native American word for lousy hunter."

noonwitch
05-17-2010, 03:27 PM

They might be expensive, but they do taste the best. Best's are good and more generously packaged, but Hebrew Nationals are the best.

I like Ball Park Franks, though. Any hot dog packaged in Michigan is subject to it's fairly stringent laws regarding content. Ball Park, Eckridge, Oscar Meyer and the like all have to obey the rules to put their products on the shelf in Michigan stores.

Gingersnap
05-17-2010, 03:40 PM
depends on the product. some stuff does have soy, but most is actually made out of flour(gluten) and spices.

I guess if I wanted to eat that much grain, I'd just eat bread. I've made seitan at home a few times but it just didn't seem worth the effort.

FlaGator
05-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Amazing... this is a grandchild thread, split off from the Seventh Day Adventist thread, split off from... some thread I can't recall...

fettpett
05-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Amazing... this is a grandchild thread, split off from the Seventh Day Adventist thread, split off from... some thread I can't recall...

from the one about the Death Penalty, thought it was kind humorous myself

FlaGator
05-17-2010, 04:37 PM
from the one about the Death Penalty, thought it was kind humorous myself

We better be careful or we'll hijack this thread too.

fettpett
05-17-2010, 06:29 PM

lol...go back to the Death Penalty discussion

Rockntractor
05-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Fascinating!:D

fettpett
05-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I guess if I wanted to eat that much grain, I'd just eat bread. I've made seitan at home a few times but it just didn't seem worth the effort.

suppose you could, but that's your choice :D I like them but i like chicken/poultry, some beef and fish

Rockntractor
05-17-2010, 06:42 PM
They might be expensive, but they do taste the best. Best's are good and more generously packaged, but Hebrew Nationals are the best.

I like Ball Park Franks, though. Any hot dog packaged in Michigan is subject to it's fairly stringent laws regarding content. Ball Park, Eckridge, Oscar Meyer and the like all have to obey the rules to put their products on the shelf in Michigan stores.

I think hot dogs is how they disposed of Jimmy Hoffa. Just sayin'

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
I saw something on a window of a truck today that made me nearly crash my car. It said, "Vegetarian: A Native American word for lousy hunter."

EXACTLY.

fettpett
05-17-2010, 07:07 PM
I think hot dogs is how they disposed of Jimmy Hoffa. Just sayin'

LMFAO:eek:

patriot45
05-17-2010, 07:09 PM

I like Mustard on my hotdogs! Some people like mayo or ketchup.

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 07:24 PM
I like Mustard on my hotdogs! Some people like mayo or ketchup.

what exactly do you consider mustard? :confused:

patriot45
05-17-2010, 07:27 PM
what exactly do you consider mustard? :confused:

Not mayo or ketchup! :rolleyes:

But Guldens spicy brown works and I like any horseradish style mustards!

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Not mayo or ketchup! :rolleyes:

But Guldens spicy brown works and I like any horseradish style mustards!

OK. You can live. I was afraid you'd be one of those french's yellow mustard idiots. :rolleyes:

patriot45
05-17-2010, 07:36 PM
OK. You can live. I was afraid you'd be one of those french's yellow mustard idiots. :rolleyes:

Thats actually pretty good on a baloney and american cheese sandwich!:D

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Thats actually pretty good on a baloney and american cheese sandwich!:D

Baloney? you mean Bologna? Bologna (http://www.answers.com/topic/bologna-1) is the meat - Baloney (http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=baloney&gwp=13)is a load of crap. :p

fettpett
05-17-2010, 08:29 PM
yuummmmmmmmmm.....french's yellow mustard :p

Rockntractor
05-17-2010, 08:34 PM
yuummmmmmmmmm.....french's yellow mustard :p

"....and of the mustards of the field, thou shalt not eat Frenches yellow mustard, thou nor thy sons!"

Bubba Dawg
05-17-2010, 08:38 PM
I like mustard on my dawgs.

Nobody, I mean NOBODY should eat ketchup on a hot dog.

That reminds me, have you heart that Heinz is changing the recipe for their ketchup?

I couldn't believe it. They must have over 50% of the market. Why would they change their recipe?

Reminds me of the New Coke thing.

Anyway, I like Brown Mustard (Guldens) on my dawgs. French's Mustard goes great on a balonie sandwich though.

fettpett
05-17-2010, 08:39 PM
"....and of the mustards of the field, thou shalt not eat Frenches yellow mustard, thou nor thy sons!"

what? it's awesome with veggie dogs :D

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I like mustard on my dawgs.

Nobody, I mean NOBODY should eat ketchup on a hot dog.

That reminds me, have you heart that Heinz is changing the recipe for their ketchup?

I couldn't believe it. They must have over 50% of the market. Why would they change their recipe?

Reminds me of the New Coke thing.

Anyway, I like Brown Mustard (Guldens) on my dawgs. French's Mustard goes great on a balonie sandwich though.
Heinz has over 60% of the market actually.

Rockntractor
05-17-2010, 08:45 PM
what? it's awesome with veggie dogs :D
The angel Rice Moroni delivered the message to me! He also recommended you eat hot dogs on San Fransisco sour dough.

Bubba Dawg
05-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Heinz has over 60% of the market actually.

Wow. This change in recipe may give the competitors a chance to catch up. ... ...

Bubba Dawg
05-17-2010, 08:47 PM
The angel Rice Moroni delivered the message to me! He also recommended you eat hot dogs on San Fransisco sour dough.

The San Francisco treat.

patriot45
05-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Baloney? you mean Bologna? Bologna (http://www.answers.com/topic/bologna-1) is the meat - Baloney (http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=baloney&gwp=13)is a load of crap. :p

Sorry poli-poop, I meant blowme sandwich! :cool:

Gingersnap
05-17-2010, 09:01 PM

Moron is right about this.

There's no need to vilify the yellow type of mustard, however. It's tasty and has many uses. Can't we all just get along? :confused:

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 09:46 PM

sure you did. :p

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Moron is right about this.

There's no need to vilify the yellow type of mustard, however. It's tasty and has many uses. Can't we all just get along? :confused:

That yellow crap ain't mustard.

Rockntractor
05-17-2010, 10:06 PM

He would get stretch marks on his little face!:eek:

fettpett
05-18-2010, 10:26 AM

/droool....veggie hotdogs with yellow mustard on sour dough bread...with Rice a roni on the side....:p