PDA

View Full Version : Business Idea

Speedy
05-17-2010, 01:41 PM
In my town we have a lot of oil field service companies and most of them are situated in a couple of industrial parks south of town. Most of the oil fields are situated south of town and the crews that work there have to drive into town, away from work to get ice, sodas, breakfast burritos and such.

Between the industrial parks and town is a small building that would be perfect to set up to sell ice, sodas, breakfast burritos. Alot of the pumpers that maintain the oil wells have areas that cover oil fields to the south and west. They have to drive all the way into town if they want to buy something when going from one lease to the other. A place there would cut that out.

I am tempted, really tempted to get this place.

fettpett
05-17-2010, 06:54 PM
um....sounds like a good idea...check the ordiances and make sure that it can be used that way. maybe do a survey with the local businesses/employees and see what they would like.

NJCardFan
05-17-2010, 07:00 PM
How about a lunch truck?

Articulate_Ape
05-17-2010, 07:36 PM
How about a lunch truck?

I was thinking the same thing, but actually Speedy's idea is better because they come to him rather than him having to go to them. Being mobile he would have to go to various locations to really capitalize on the business at each and would miss other opportunities at one location while at another since breaks and hours most likely differ. A truck would also limit his inventory.

Sounds like a pretty shrewd idea to me, Speedy.