PDA

View Full Version : New Miss USA Also Won Stripper 101 Contest.

Gingersnap
05-17-2010, 04:53 PM
May 17, 2010 | 11:25 AM ET
UPDATED: Miss USA Rima Fakih stripping contest photos emerge

Miss USA 2010 Rima Fakih was a contestant in a stripping contest sponsored by a Detroit radio station, MyFOXDC.com is reporting.

Fakih appears in several photos on Mojointhemorning.com, a morning show on Detroit's Channel 955.

Two of the photos are from a strip tease contest held in 2007, and show Fakih performing on a stripper pole in front of an audience of women dressed in their underwear.

"Congratulations to Miss Michigan, Rima Fakih who was crowned Miss USA on Sunday night! Rima is a Dearborn resident and the first Arab American to wear the crown," the site states. "Rima is a Mojo In The Morning listener who has joined us in studio and at events. Check out Miss USA Rima Fakih when she won Mojo In The Morning's 'Stripper 101' contest in 2007."

The judges were strippers, and awarded Fakih first prize. The prizes included jewelry, gift cards, adult toys and a stripper pole for home use, according to the website.

The event was attended by women only, and Rima never removed her clothing at the event, the radio station said in a statement.

The photos are the latest provocative pictures of the contestant. The first were lingerie photos posted by the Miss USA pageant itself, which were first reported exclusively by Fox411.com's Pop Tarts column.

In those, Fakih and the other contestants were photographed in lacy lingerie, fishnets, smudged black eyeliner, knee-high boots, ample cleavage and plenty of bare skin, all while positioned in seductive poses on a large bed.

In 2009, Miss California Carrie Prejean was roundly criticized for posing in photographs that in some cases exposed her breasts. She said the shots were from a fashion shoot and that the "topless" photos were due to the wind, and never meant for publication.

UPDATE: This just in from Mojo In the Morning:

Mojo In The Morning producers have been contacted by representatives of Miss Universe requesting more photographs and information regarding Miss USA Rimah Fakih's involvement in the "Stripper 101" contest. When asked if Fakih's status as Miss USA was in danger, pageant representatives would not answer.

Morning show host Mojo says the controversial photographs were taken from our website where they have been posted for three years. He said Mojo In The Morning will not release any further photographs and hopes that Donald Trump does not ask Fakih to relinquish her crown. "It would be foolish to consider anyone other than Rima to represent the USA. The photos taken from our website are no more provocative than those on the Miss USA website."

I'm sure her parents are proud and super happy that they no longer live in a part of the world where this kind of experience is frowned upon.

Fox (http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/05/17/miss-usa-rima-fakih-stripping-contest-photos-emerge/)

ralph wiggum
05-17-2010, 05:44 PM
http://cdn.ccomrcdn.com/image/446/410/CDN-IP/cc-common/mlib/4449/05/4449_12740900653.jpg

FlaGator
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I wonder if this will be a bigger deal than if she had stated that same sex marriage was wrong?

JB
05-17-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm sure her parents are proud and super happy that they no longer live in a part of the world where this kind of experience is frowned upon.God Bless America.
and Rima never removed her clothing at the eventand damnit. :mad:

fettpett
05-17-2010, 06:37 PM
damn...she's hot...but she didn't do anything really wrong...pole dancing IS a form of exercise now

JB
05-17-2010, 06:54 PM
damn...she's hot...but she didn't do anything really wrong...pole dancing IS a form of exercise nowNot only that but she has more clothes on at the stripper thing then she did at the pageant.

Nothing to see here.

fettpett
05-17-2010, 07:06 PM
pretty much

NJCardFan
05-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Ah but where there's smoke there's fire. I won't be the least bit surprised if nudie photos start popping up.

PoliCon
05-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Where are the men in her family? Clearly this woman is in need of an honour killing. :mad:

malloc
05-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Ah but where there's smoke there's fire. I won't be the least bit surprised if nudie photos start popping up.

I however will be pleasantly surprised.

fettpett
05-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Where are the men in her family? Clearly this woman is in need of an honour killing. :mad:

yeah, but she's Lebanese, they tend to be a little more liberal (ones that move here) as they have a much larger Christian and Jewish population

noonwitch
05-18-2010, 09:03 AM
yeah, but she's Lebanese, they tend to be a little more liberal (ones that move here) as they have a much larger Christian and Jewish population

I have heard conflicting reports-some that she is a catholic, and others that she is a muslim. I have friends around Detroit who are Lebanese catholics. They are a pretty large group around here.

fettpett
05-18-2010, 11:05 AM
I have heard conflicting reports-some that she is a catholic, and others that she is a muslim. I have friends around Detroit who are Lebanese catholics. They are a pretty large group around here.

she went to a catholic school after she moved to Detroit, not sure if she converted or not

noonwitch
05-18-2010, 12:58 PM
she went to a catholic school after she moved to Detroit, not sure if she converted or not

Upon further research, the only people claiming she is a muslim are the freepers and Debbie Schlussel, neither of which are unbiased when it comes to people of arabic descent.

Gingersnap
05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Upon further research, the only people claiming she is a muslim are the freepers and Debbie Schlussel, neither of which are unbiased when it comes to people of arabic descent.

CNN and other reputable agencies are calling her a Muslim. She merely attended Catholic schools.

noonwitch
05-18-2010, 01:27 PM
CNN and other reputable agencies are calling her a Muslim. She merely attended Catholic schools.

Whatever. She's a pole dancer, that's sort of the bottom line. I don't know too many pole dancers/strippers who are devout catholics, muslims or protestants, for that matter.

According to Debbie Schlussel, Miss USA supports Hezbollah, and so do all the people who work at La Pita in Dearborn. I don't know if that is true or not. I generally don't eat at La Pita's restaurants, because I don't like the spices they use in their chicken. There are many better ME restaurants in this area.

Space Gravy
05-18-2010, 06:35 PM
This isn't like the Miss America contest. This is the classless Trump run one. I don't think pole dancing or nudity will be an issue. I think I remember a previous winner being into meth. It doesn't seem like they place a great deal of emphasis on checking backgrounds.

Rockntractor
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Don't say that Poli. it could likely happen.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Whatever. She's a pole dancer, that's sort of the bottom line. I don't know too many pole dancers/strippers who are devout catholics, muslims or protestants, for that matter.

According to Debbie Schlussel, Miss USA supports Hezbollah, and so do all the people who work at La Pita in Dearborn. I don't know if that is true or not. I generally don't eat at La Pita's restaurants, because I don't like the spices they use in their chicken. There are many better ME restaurants in this area.

La Shish used to be pretty good, but then -----. :mad:

stsinner
05-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Is she even a citizen?

djones520
05-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Is she eve a citizen?

Signs point to... yes.

Rockntractor
05-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Is she even a citizen?

It may be a Donald Trump production but they have higher standards than we have for president!

PoliCon
05-18-2010, 10:34 PM

really?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05/18/2902284.htm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World-US/Muslim-immigrant-is-crowned-Miss-USA/articleshow/5942463.cms

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1279049/Miss-USA-2010-Rima-Fakih-Michigan-Muslim-woman-win.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7735791/Miss-USA-won-Stripper-101-competition.html

The international press seems to be all over it . . . .

PoliCon
05-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Don't say that Poli. it could likely happen.

I completely expect that it will. Either that or a Fatwa calling for her death.

fettpett
05-19-2010, 08:31 AM

yes, cuz Allah forbid that a Muslim woman hold the title Miss USA :rolleyes:

PoliCon
05-19-2010, 09:05 AM
yes, cuz Allah forbid that a Muslim woman hold the title Miss USA :rolleyes:

Have you seen the way they make their woman dress? By islamic standards she's a whore - even if she's still virgin.

noonwitch
05-20-2010, 09:06 AM
La Shish used to be pretty good, but then -----. :mad:

There are some good places that are as good. They never did prove the terror connections against the owner of La Shish, but they did prove that he brought his wife here illegally. He fled the country before he could be arrested.

They had the best garlic dip, though, and they char-broiled the chicken just perfectly tender. Some of their previous locations are now part of the "Palm Palace" chain of ME restaurants. I haven't checked one out yet, I generally go to the Pita Cafe in Oak Park on payday, because it's around the corner from my credit union. The food there is pretty close to the quality La Shish used to serve up.

fettpett
05-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Have you seen the way they make their woman dress? By islamic standards she's a whore - even if she's still virgin.

yes i have, my remark was a sarcastic one toward Islam, but remember that it wasn't THAT long ago that Christians felt similar attitudes towards woman's dress (an ankle showing was scandalous up too post-WW2)

Rockntractor
05-20-2010, 12:20 PM
are you calling her fat?

PoliCon
05-20-2010, 12:34 PM
are you calling her fat?

She's not shannon. Why would I call her fat? :rolleyes: