PDA

View Full Version : My Message to Hollywood:

Trance
05-17-2010, 07:00 PM
You would be wise to take a few minutes and listen to what I have to say. I am just one American in a sea of millions that is getting sick and tired of the hate and venom you seem to relish in spewing out. You seem to think that because you are a Silver Screen icon or because you may make $1 million per TV episode you are in a position to preach to me. You assume you are in a position to speak on my behalf. You are incorrect.

Just because you may be a very recognized and celebrated name within the world of Hollywood, you seem to think yourself to be more fit to lead this nation, rather than the leaders we have elected and appointed. You seem to believe that being a Hollywood celebrity automatically means your opinions are more valid than mine. Once again, you could not be more wrong.

For the past year, we've had to listen to you shriek, moan, and complain and to be quite frank, we're tired of it. Now **we** will do the talking and **you** will do the listening

While are men and women were dying to provide a better quality of life for the millions of Iraqi citizens who previously only knew oppression, you condemned them. Just like those before you condemned our fight against Communism and Facism. These men and women went to war, and even laid down their own lives to protect your right to condemn and and spit upon them and their memory. They are heroes, in every sense of the word. They are people with whom you're not even fit to shine their boots. So Mr/Mrs Hollywood Star, what have you done for America? What great and noble things have you done for the world?

**silence**

That's pretty much what I expected.

You are so out-of-touch with reality, it's not even funny. You expressed your opposition to the previous Administraton over Iraq, stating that we have hurt the innocent citizens more than we helped them. You are quick to profess your love for the innocent civilians at every moment you get. But where were you when Saddam and his men raped the women and jailed the husbands? Where were you when innocent Kurds were rounded up for mass executions? Where was your love and concern for them then? Are you reading this, Babs?

You claimed that we have done more harm than when Saddam was still in power and claim that the Iraqis were better off under Saddam. Why don't you ask your average Iraqi how he/she feels now that their family is no longer threatened, raped, or beaten? Yes your great hero Saddam is no longer a threat to Iraq and all you can do is cry at the downfall of your beloved champion.

You, mighty Hollywood had once again been proven wrong.... and to you that is the most un-forgivable offense.

You think, just because you are a Hollywood star, you are more educated and know more about the "real world" than anybody else.... you simply do not. Your world consists of preaching from your Beverly Hills estate....being waited on 24/7, being driven here-and-there in a limo....attending Hollywood VIP premiers, and being surrounded by your "Yes, sir/ma'am" flunkies and stooges, who tell you what you only what you want to hear.

You claim to care about your own fellow Americans.....yet why is it, that you only do charity service as part of some court-mandated plea bargain?

You and those before you were wrong about Hitler....wrong about Mao....wrong about Stalin....wrong about Castro.....wrong about Saddam, but I am not holding my breath for an apology because I know that would go against everything you stand for.

You are free to continue spewing your anti-American trash if you wish. That is a guarenteed right that you have, courtesy of the very soldiers you are so quick to profess your hatred for. But Free Speech, despite what you may want the masses to believe, is a two-way street. We are free not to spend another hard-earned American dollar on you. Are you some kind of god or deity with whom we are duty-bound and honor-bound to support, whether we like it or not?

The one thing Hollywood tends to forget is they are not above question. They are not above reproach. They are not as "untouchable" as they bill themselves. The very people you are so quick to alinate, talk down to, insult, and offend are the very people you depend upon for your income and the god-like status you seem to think you hold.

Americans, despite want you may think, are not stupid and when wronged, have an exceptionally long memory.....there are millions of people who still refuse to forgive Jane Fonda, and that's been over 40 years ago.

So I will leave you, hoping that you will take to heart what I have said..... your livlihood may depend upon it.

God bless this great Nation we call America.

Articulate_Ape
05-17-2010, 10:42 PM
"Hi you have reached Hollywood. We can't take your call right now because we we are busy arranging a $10,000 per plate gala to save the Mediterranean midget sea cucumber from extinction due the the effects of global warm...climate change that Sir Gore is saving us from in the wake of the presidency of George W. Bush. Please leave your name and number and no message and we will get back to you right after we do lunch with Oliver Stone and President Obama, praise his name, and after we get that hot stone massage that bitch Serge rescheduled us for because Bono was in town."

Beeeeeeeeep.

Rockntractor
05-17-2010, 10:45 PM
"Hi you have reached Hollywood. We can't take your call right now because we we are busy arranging a $10,000 per plate gala to save the Mediterranean midget sea cucumber from extinction due the the effects of global warm...climate change that Sir Gore is saving us from in the wake of the presidency of George W. Bush. Please leave your name and number and no message and we will get back to you right after we do lunch with Oliver Stone and President Obama, praise his name, and after we get that hot stone massage that bitch Serge rescheduled us for because Bono was in town."

Beeeeeeeeep.
That beep was longer than usual.:confused:

Articulate_Ape
05-17-2010, 10:47 PM

You call too often.

Gingersnap
05-17-2010, 11:48 PM

It was a Union beep.

The great thing about actors if anybody thought about it is that 10 out 500 average humans have the level of narcissism, looks, and talent needed to become "stars". We could fire every one of them tomorrow morning and have a new crop who are just as good-looking, talented, "quirky", or whatever.

You really can't say the same for materials engineers or molecular chemists. :cool:

NJCardFan
05-18-2010, 12:41 AM
What acting? Movies today are full of such CGI drivel that you don't even need human actors anymore. And what these people really know about politics and the real world couldn't fit on a postage stamp. Laura Ingram wrote an entire book on the subject called Shut Up And Sing. Now I have no beef with these Hollywood types who put their money where there mouth is, conservative or liberal. Hell, I'm not even mad at Al Franken. He ran for senate and won. Kudos to him. Arnold, Sonny Bono, Clint Eastwood, Fred Grandy(Gopher from Love Boat), Ronald Reagan, all ran for political office and won. I can't stand these bubble heads who have no clue what the hell they're talking about. And don't get me started on Sean Penn who is the Jane Fonda of my generation. And speaking of Fonda, she belonging to one of the richest most famous families in Hollywood history railing on about capitalism and sitting on an anti-aircraft gun is laughable. Then she marries Ted Turner. The hypocrisy of these people know no bounds. And God forbid you are a conservative. They try to bury you. Just ask Mel Gibson.

Articulate_Ape
05-18-2010, 02:16 AM
It was a Union beep.

The great thing about actors if anybody thought about it is that 10 out 500 average humans have the level of narcissism, looks, and talent needed to become "stars".

Oh, please. I can act, but you are making me blush.

linda22003
05-18-2010, 08:52 AM
The OP is quite a diatribe. I wonder where it was cut and pasted from.

I don't really care what Hollywood people think, and I don't go to OR boycott their movies depending on their attitudes. If I like the actor's work and am interested in the film, I will see it. I seldom see movies in the theatre, but that has more to do with my fellow audience members and their behavior than with films or actors.

Jane Fonda was used as an example of an actor people haven't "forgiven" and I don't notice that she's suffered particularly because of it. She still gets roles and doesn't live under a bridge because she can't afford a place to live, from what I can see.

linda22003
05-18-2010, 08:56 AM
And God forbid you are a conservative. They try to bury you. Just ask Mel Gibson.

Riiiight. Mel Gibson's problems all stem from his being conservative. He wasn't arrested for DUI, he was arrested for being a conservative. He didn't leave his wife of many years, after posing about the sanctity of marriage and family because he found a new hottie and knocked her up, he did it because he was a conservative. :rolleyes:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2006/07/31/gibson_booking_073106-1.jpg

noonwitch
05-18-2010, 10:16 AM
The OP is quite a diatribe. I wonder where it was cut and pasted from.

I don't really care what Hollywood people think, and I don't go to OR boycott their movies depending on their attitudes. If I like the actor's work and am interested in the film, I will see it. I seldom see movies in the theatre, but that has more to do with my fellow audience members and their behavior than with films or actors.

Jane Fonda was used as an example of an actor people haven't "forgiven" and I don't notice that she's suffered particularly because of it. She still gets roles and doesn't live under a bridge because she can't afford a place to live, from what I can see.

All I can say about Jane is that she has got to have one of the best plastic surgeons in the nation, or just good genetics. She looks good for her age, not too fake to be real. Compare her look to Goldie Hawn's-they are around the same age.

I feel the same way about movies and actors, though. I don't go to see that many movies, but if I'm going to one, I'm going to see a movie I think will be entertaining. I don't really care about the actor or director's politics. I liked Sean Penn in Milk, and I like Kelsey Grammer as the voice of Sideshow Bob.

NJCardFan
05-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Riiiight. Mel Gibson's problems all stem from his being conservative. He wasn't arrested for DUI, he was arrested for being a conservative. He didn't leave his wife of many years, after posing about the sanctity of marriage and family because he found a new hottie and knocked her up, he did it because he was a conservative. :rolleyes:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2006/07/31/gibson_booking_073106-1.jpg

Look how it was treated in the media. How many Hollywood types have been busted for DUI or have cheated on their spouses. I can rattle off at least 20 who's behavior is less than stellar but who are still lauded by the Hollywood set. Does the name Michael Jackson ring a bell? Here is a guy who was tried as a child molester and who had previously paid hush money to the families of other kids he allegedly molested yet when he died, he was praised by the media and is still being praised. I'm not saying Gibson is a saint. I'm saying that he is treated differently because his beliefs. Before The Passion, did you hear anything about his father being a Holocaust denier? How about no.

linda22003
05-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Before The Passion, did you hear anything about his father being a Holocaust denier? How about no.

I still don't know anything about that. Mel Gibson is not really a topic of interest to me. I thought it got attention in the media because he was blitzed enough to resist arrest and shouted obscenities at the officers.

Gingersnap
05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
I still don't know anything about that. Mel Gibson is not really a topic of interest to me. I thought it got attention in the media because he was blitzed enough to resist arrest and shouted obscenities at the officers.

Well, that's nothing that Nick Nolte, Robert Downey, Jr., and Whitney Houston haven't done - to name a few.

There is a media bias when it comes to reporting or dwelling on bad behavior.

linda22003
05-18-2010, 12:40 PM
There is a media bias when it comes to reporting or dwelling on bad behavior.

Exactly. That gets the headlines. They certainly focused on the interest in little boys shown by Michael Jackson, before and after his death.

noonwitch
05-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Look how it was treated in the media. How many Hollywood types have been busted for DUI or have cheated on their spouses. I can rattle off at least 20 who's behavior is less than stellar but who are still lauded by the Hollywood set. Does the name Michael Jackson ring a bell? Here is a guy who was tried as a child molester and who had previously paid hush money to the families of other kids he allegedly molested yet when he died, he was praised by the media and is still being praised. I'm not saying Gibson is a saint. I'm saying that he is treated differently because his beliefs. Before The Passion, did you hear anything about his father being a Holocaust denier? How about no.

I didn't hear anything about his father until The Passion was released. I had heard about some of Mel's conservative catholic beliefs-he discussed them pretty openly with Barbara Walters at some point. Before the movie came out, I saw an interview he did. I was intrigued by his idea of using aramaic, and subtitles. Then he talked about how persecuted he was while making the film, and implied that the devil and demonic forces were trying to prevent it from being released and I thought "So, he really is as crazy as the character he plays in the Lethal Weapon movies".

I saw The Passion when it was released on videotape-I found it to be emotionally moving and the use of the aramaic made it so that I focused on the movements and expressions of the actors, which I thought was a good thing. I didn't see any blatant anti-semitism in it, myself. I thought it was graphically violent and was amazed at some of the idiots I saw taking little children to see it when it was at the theater-it's definitely not a movie for kids under 12 or so. I have a jewish friend who didn't see it, but was convinced it was anti-semitic. I told her that it was made clear that a faction of the jewish council were the ones who ensured that the romans killed Jesus, and that there was even a scene in which the leaders of the council forcibly ejected the parties that disagreed with them. I pointed out that Mary, Mary M and John, the people who witnessed the crucifixion, were all jews, and so was Jesus. There was no convincing her-I suspect that she believes (like a lot of american jews) that the story as told in at least some of the gospels is anti-semitic in and of itself ("our blood be upon us and our children").

Then Mel got arrested for DUI and the remarks he made to the cops were made public. So much for my argument!

JB
05-19-2010, 06:17 PM
The OP is quite a diatribe. I wonder where it was cut and pasted from.Ask him or run down the source yourself. Otherwise it's his.
Jane Fonda was used as an example of an actor people haven't "forgiven" and I don't notice that she's suffered particularly because of it. She still gets roles and doesn't live under a bridge because she can't afford a place to live, from what I can see.Your liberalism's showing.

I would guess Fonda was rejected for roles she would have been considered for because of her commie behavior. I would bet she's suffered more than we know. And the reason she is not living under a bridge is not due to that behavior being accepted by Hollywood but more so because she has access to Fonda and Turner money.

linda22003
05-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Ask him or run down the source yourself. Otherwise it's his.Your liberalism's showing.

I would guess Fonda was rejected for roles she would have been considered for because of her commie behavior. I would bet she's suffered more than we know. And the reason she is not living under a bridge is not due to that behavior being accepted by Hollywood but more so because she has access to Fonda and Turner money.

No, just stating a fact.

Rockntractor
05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
The OP belongs to trance and is not a copy and paste.
http://www.charliedanielssoapbox.com/view_topic.php?id=9081&forum_id=12&jump_to=227392

Trance
05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I thought it was graphically violent

I find it funny that those who complained about the violence in The Passion (not you personally, but the pubic in general) didn't complain about the violence portayed in your average hack-n-slash movies.