PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday

Rockntractor
05-18-2010, 09:22 AM
74 F | 54 F Nice today with only a 30% chance of rain, the chances go back up tomorrow so I better get something done today.

TOTD: What are your favorite canned beans? I like Ranch style and Block & Barrel.

Gingersnap
05-18-2010, 09:32 AM
It's cloudy and there's rain in the forecast but this system should clear out by Thursday. The coons ate/stole one of Mr. Snaps' solar panel cords last night. He is not pleased.

TOTED: I don't like baked beans, canned or otherwise. I make them a lot in the summer because other people like them. I will say that once in a blue moon a ripple chip with a spoonful of cold baked beans makes a tasty snack but one or two chips worth and I'm done for another year.

Rockntractor
05-18-2010, 10:26 AM
TOTED: I don't like baked beans, canned or otherwise. I make them a lot in the summer because other people like them. I will say that once in a blue moon a ripple chip with a spoonful of cold baked beans makes a tasty snack but one or two chips worth and I'm done for another year.

Commie!

Gingersnap
05-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Commie!

It's just baked beans. They're too sweet for me. I like regular beans just fine.

linda22003
05-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't eat canned baked beans; they're very good from "scratch" with bacon, onions, and molasses.

Megaguns91
05-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Ranch style beans.

RobJohnson
05-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Good morning. Today's high will be around 80. I get to enjoy all morning at home & will work later today.

TOTD: I like French style green beans. Pork and beans are good also.

lacarnut
05-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Spending the week at a beach condo in Orange Beach Al. Looks like the weather is going to be great.

TOTD: I like any kind of beans

RobJohnson
05-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Spending the week at a beach condo in Orange Beach Al. Looks like the weather is going to be great.

TOTD: I like any kind of beans

http://www.hthclan.com/mis/man-farting.gif

Enjoy your trip. I have vacation next week and due to my mother getting sick my plans are now changing. I might head to Illinois for a few days, not sure yet.

jendf
05-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Bush's Best Baked Beans with Maple Cured Bacon *Homer drool*

patriot45
05-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Bush's Best Baked Beans with Maple Cured Bacon *Homer drool*

I agree! Just add some diced Jalepeno and some diced onion and you got good beans!

Beans, beans
the magical fruit
the more you eat
the more you toot!
:D

Beans, beans
are good for your heart
the more you eat
the more you fart!

Ahh, I miss 6th grade! :D

Kay
05-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I never met a bean I didn't like.

I like my homemade beans best,
but in a can I like Ranch Style plain pintos,
or I like the Bush's Homestyle baked beans.

Rockntractor
05-18-2010, 07:27 PM
I never met a bean I didn't like.

I like my homemade beans best,
but in a can I like Ranch Style plain pintos,
or I like the Bush's Homestyle baked beans.

the Block & Barrel beans are real close to Bushes best but they have a little more molasses flavor and are darker. I found them at a little butcher shop in Hominy. I buy them in 1 gallon cans.

lacarnut
05-18-2010, 09:05 PM
http://www.hthclan.com/mis/man-farting.gif

Enjoy your trip. I have vacation next week and due to my mother getting sick my plans are now changing. I might head to Illinois for a few days, not sure yet.

Thanks, The owner had a cancelation for this weekend and next week. Only has 2 more days to rent it on ebay. Might rent it for a few more days if he gets right on the price.

PoliCon
05-18-2010, 11:28 PM
It's just baked beans. They're too sweet for me. I like regular beans just fine.

Try Bush's Grillin' Beans - Black Bean Fiesta. Very little sugar. :)

HOWEVER - the best are the Heinz baked beans - the UK ones.

Gingersnap
05-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Try Bush's Grillin' Beans - Black Bean Fiesta. Very little sugar. :)

HOWEVER - the best are the Heinz baked beans - the UK ones.

I was vaguely shocked to learn that the Brits include baked beans at breakfast. I don't have anything at all against "regular" food for breakfast but baked beans alongside the bacon, eggs, toast, and potatoes just seems like carbo-overkill to me.

PoliCon
05-18-2010, 11:39 PM
I was vaguely shocked to learn that the Brits include baked beans at breakfast. I don't have anything at all against "regular" food for breakfast but baked beans alongside the bacon, eggs, toast, and potatoes just seems like carbo-overkill to me.

You have to try it - and you have to get the kind they use. They have very little sugar and are much firmer than what we use here. The closest thing we have here - without getting them imported from the UK are the Heinz vegetarian beans. A good english breakfast is to die for. Just leave off the black sausage. That stuff is unnatural. You eat a good english breakfast and you won't be hungry again til dinner.

Rockntractor
05-18-2010, 11:48 PM
A good english breakfast is to die for.
You are a girl!:eek:

PoliCon
05-19-2010, 08:55 AM
You are a girl!:eek:

girls like beans with breakfast? :confused: