Gingersnap
05-18-2010, 10:41 AM
New Ice Age 'to begin in 2014'

Russian scientist to alarmists: 'Sun heats Earth!'

Posted: May 17, 2010
8:42 pm Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

CHICAGO – A new "Little Ice Age" could begin in just four years, predicted Habibullo Abdussamatov, the head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia.

Abdussamatov was speaking yesterday at the Heartland Institute's Fourth International Conference on Climate Change in Chicago, which began Sunday and ends today.

The Little Ice Age, which occurred after an era known in scientific circles as the Medieval Warm Period, is typically defined as a period of about 200 years, beginning around 1650 and extending through 1850.

In the first of a two-part video WND recorded at the conference, Abdussamatov explained that average annual sun activity has experienced an accelerated decrease since the 1990s. In 2005-2008, he said, the earth reached the maximum of the recent observed global-warming trend.

In Part 2 of the video, Abdussamatov further explained that through 2014 the earth will go through a series of unstable variations in which global temperature will oscillate around the maximum reached in the years 1998-2005.

In 2003-2005, Abdussamatov predicted a reduction of sunspot activity that would reach a new minimum in 2042, resulting in a deep global temperature minimum in the years 2055-2060.

"My predictions are looking better and better with each passing year," Abdussamatov declared.

So much for my hope of being in Zone 6 next year. Videos at the link.

WND (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=155225)

Trance
05-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Where's your Al Gore, now?

Gingersnap
05-18-2010, 11:01 AM

Buying coal and natural gas futures? :confused:

NJCardFan
05-18-2010, 11:45 AM

Buying a mansion with an ocean view.

patriot45
05-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Ok, this is rich! I been saying this for years! Glowball what!?! Cooling or warming! Pick your insanity!

Wilber? What say you!?! (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/05/19/global-cooling-scientists-warming/)

Contrary to the commonly held scientific conclusion that the Earth is getting warmer, a scientist who has written more than 150 peer-reviewed papers has unveiled evidence for his prediction that global cooling is coming soon.

The hottest new trend in climate change may be global cooling, some researchers say.

Contrary to the commonly held scientific conclusion that the Earth is getting warmer, Dr. Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology at Western Washington University and author of more than 150 peer-reviewed papers, has unveiled evidence for his prediction that global cooling is coming soon.

“Rather than global warming at a rate of 1 F per decade, records of past natural cycles indicate there may be global cooling for the first few decades of the 21st century to about 2030,” said Easterbrook, speaking on a scientific panel discussion with other climatologists. This, he says, will likely be followed by “global warming from about 2030 to 2060,” which will then be followed by another cooling spell from 2060 to 2090.

Easterbrook spoke before a group of about 700 scientists and government officials at the fourth International Conference on Climate Change. The conference is presented annually in Chicago by the Heartland Institute, a conservative nonprofit think tank that actively questions the theory of man's role in global warming. Last year the Institute published Climate Change Reconsidered, a comprehensive reply to the United Nations' latest report on climate change.

"Global warming is over -- at least for a few decades," Easterbrook told conference attendees. "However, the bad news is that global cooling is even more harmful to humans than global warming, and a cause for even greater concern."

I love it! But I gotta admit its hot out right now, but I'm not a DUmmy, its just summer!

Rockntractor
05-20-2010, 09:44 PM
In a masterful twist Wilbur will switch to global cooling and make an argument that somehow he was right all along!:rolleyes:

patriot45
05-20-2010, 09:46 PM
In a masterful twist Wilbur will switch to global cooling and make an argument that somehow he was right all along!:rolleyes:

Yeah, in 10,000 words or more!

Rockntractor
05-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, in 10,000 words or more!
Precisely. and on another unrelated topic the feesh just left Dallas on the way to Oklahoma city.:D

patriot45
05-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Precisely. and on another unrelated topic the feesh just left Dallas on the way to Oklahoma city.:D

I sincerely hope they are still frozen! :eek:
Have sonmeone home tomorrow!

Rockntractor
05-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I sincerely hope they are still frozen! :eek:
Have sonmeone home tomorrow!

That woman will be home all day.:)

patriot45
05-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I thought my post shoulda stood on its own, but I'll live with a limp merge! :cool:

Wilber might not notice it now! ;)

FlaGator
05-20-2010, 10:37 PM

Please don't tempt him...

Gingersnap
05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
All kidding aside, we absolutely know that the Earth is in a rare interglacial period that will end. Even a repeat of the mini-ice age will have much wider and much more devastating effects on global populations today than it had a few hundred years ago.

Leaving European populations out of it (for political correctness reasons), a significant downturn in Northern Hemisphere temps would devastate the globe now. Too many people are dependent on grain from the North and too many people are dependent on rice in the South.

In 1700, if your crops didn't yield - you changed them to suit local conditions. Today, most people have no control over basic grains. They can't "get by" on other subsistence crops because they have no crops. It would be difficult for current governments to meet this challenge due to the various special interests involved.

patriot45
05-20-2010, 10:43 PM
All kidding aside, we absolutely know that the Earth is in a rare interglacial period that will end. Even a repeat of the mini-ice age will have much wider and much more devastating effects on global populations today than it had a few hundred years ago.

Leaving European populations out of it (for political correctness reasons), a significant downturn in Northern Hemisphere temps would devastate the globe now. Too many people are dependent on grain from the North and too many people are dependent on rice in the South.

In 1700, if your crops didn't yield - you changed them to suit local conditions. Today, most people have no control over basic grains. They can't "get by" on other subsistence crops because they have no crops. It would be difficult for current governments to meet this challenge due to the various special interests involved.

In the 1700's they also did human sacrifices to change the climate! Or at least to get a better crop. I say we sacrifice the Wilbur! :D

Wait, we would get a better yeild sacrificing the shoe! He is the biggest DUmmie right now! :D

Rockntractor
05-20-2010, 10:45 PM
In the 1700's they also did human sacrifices to change the climate! Or at least to get a better crop. I say we sacrifice the Wilbur! :D

Wait, we would get a better yeild sacrificing the shoe! He is the biggest DUmmie right now! :D
What bothers me is shoes come in pairs! Where is the other dipwad?

Gingersnap
05-20-2010, 11:00 PM

Yeah, it didn't work then and it won't work now. You, me, Rock and others don't have to worry about this for various reasons. wilbur and others should. ;)

m00
05-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Ok, this is rich! I been saying this for years! Glowball what!?! Cooling or warming! Pick your insanity!

Wilber? What say you!?! (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/05/19/global-cooling-scientists-warming/)

Contrary to the commonly held scientific conclusion that the Earth is getting warmer, a scientist who has written more than 150 peer-reviewed papers has unveiled evidence for his prediction that global cooling is coming soon.

I love it! But I gotta admit its hot out right now, but I'm not a DUmmy, its just summer!

"However, the bad news is that global cooling is even more harmful to humans than global warming, and a cause for even greater concern."

This reads like something from the onion. It's unreal.

djones520
05-22-2010, 11:58 AM
"However, the bad news is that global cooling is even more harmful to humans than global warming, and a cause for even greater concern."

This reads like something from the onion. It's unreal.

Unreal but true. Global warming woulda led to more arable land. Global Cooling will restrict it. Places like the Sahara may become habitable again though for a while.