PDA

View Full Version : We're finally getting settled!!!

SarasotaRepub
05-18-2010, 08:58 PM
:D

Day 3 at the new Fortress Sarasota and things are looking much better

But, for dinner tonight...SLW must eat Tyson Chicken Wings!!!! :eek:

It's all we have, haven't had time to go food shopping yet.

djones520
05-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Eating like the common man. Shoulda gone out and force choked a fish or two.

Rockntractor
05-18-2010, 09:14 PM
We had goat loin chops, Block & Barrel beans and Swiss Chard. Tasty.
Glad to here your moved in, I'm Sure SLW will be glad when you have a routine again!:)

lacarnut
05-18-2010, 09:29 PM
You need to take her out to eat Sat & Sunday. BTW, will they let you back in the Yacht Club.

I went out to a great seafood joint in Orange Beach, AL (Fish Camp) & had fried oysters and catfish that was super duper.

SarasotaRepub
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
You need to take her out to eat Sat & Sunday. BTW, will they let you back in the Yacht Club.

I went out to a great seafood joint in Orange Beach, AL (Fish Camp) & had fried oysters and catfish that was super duper.

It's just a matter of time...:D

We have the fence for the pooches to pay for first.

patriot45
05-18-2010, 09:57 PM

Day 3 at the new Fortress Sarasota and things are looking much better

But, for dinner tonight...SLW must eat Tyson Chicken Wings!!!! :eek:

It's all we have, haven't had time to go food shopping yet.

Hey, great to hear you two are getting settled in! Tysons rules in a pinch! :D It was Hot today, did you jump in the pool!?

SaintLouieWoman
05-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey, great to hear you two are getting settled in! Tysons rules in a pinch! :D It was Hot today, did you jump in the pool!?

Haven't had time, was too busy throwing out the AC guy. The Verizon guy who installed the FIOS with internet, phone and television was up in the attic fishing the walls to install 2 sets that didn't have existing connections. The AC is in the attic (oh for the good old Midwest with those lovely basements). He said the pan of water was full and the AC would shut off if not corrected.

That was a problem that was brought up by the inspection. The sellers were supposed to have it fixed. This was their 2nd repair in a couple weeks. Apparently it wasn't fixed as it was doing the same thing.

The jerk came out, spent at least a half hour in the attic and did nothing at all. I could hear him talking on the phone up there. Wish I had listened carefully. He came down finally and said it would be $375 to fix the problem, as there was a broken drain pan. He said there had been someone up in the attic (specified cable guy on his bill) who broke the pan. I told him that the Verizon guy merely told me the pan was full, but he kept insisting the cable guy did it.

He was extremely sarcastic. He just egged me on, why I eventually told him to get out.

That was their excuse to try to cheat me. I told him I refused to pay it; that they should have fixed it right the first time. I was really, really angry and suggested he leave. He said that the boss told him to do it.

I called the realtor and she said she'd get it fixed. So far, nothing has been done. She did the walk through for us, after everything was supposedly fixed, as we were in St Louis moving.

So,SR had to crawl up in the attic numerous times after work, emptying the water into a wastecan and taking it down. This is to keep the thing from shutting down when it gets to the overflow point.

Welcome to Florida, land of the scammers. Oy!

And my welcome from the neighbors so far was one woman knocking on my door with a plastic bag full of plastic bags (poop bags for the dogs). I guess it was a not so subtle hint. :rolleyes:

It's lovely here, but haven't been dazlled with good first impressions.

And about the fence, found that the neighbor who will have the fence running along her property made the previous owner of this house remove a fence as it was 2 inches on her property. Sounds like a real meanie. She hasn't even stopped by yet with poop bags or other lovely welcome to Florida gifts.

Kay
05-18-2010, 11:11 PM
I ate stuffed chicken, salad & bread sticks and some heavenly white
choc cheese cake for dessert at Olive Garden tonight. I am stuffed!

Stuffed I say!
Bloated up like a tick.

SR & SLW, Glad to hear you are settling in your new home.
How is the new job? Everything you wanted it to be I hope.

Edit to say that I have never in all my years heard of such a lovely
idea for a "welcome to the neighborhood" gift. Poopie bags! What
a novel idea.....wtf....

Rockntractor
05-18-2010, 11:13 PM
And my welcome from the neighbors so far was one woman knocking on my door with a plastic bag full of plastic bags (poop bags for the dogs). I guess it was a not so subtle hint. :rolleyes:

And about the fence, found that the neighbor who will have the fence running along her property made the previous owner of this house remove a fence as it was 2 inches on her property. Sounds like a real meanie. She hasn't even stopped by yet with poop bags or other lovely welcome to Florida gifts.

Fill one with dog poo and give it back to her, tell her to be patient and you will fill the rest as soon as you can!:D

lacarnut
05-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Haven't had time, was too busy throwing out the AC guy. The Verizon guy who installed the FIOS with internet, phone and television was up in the attic fishing the walls to install 2 sets that didn't have existing connections. The AC is in the attic (oh for the good old Midwest with those lovely basements). He said the pan of water was full and the AC would shut off if not corrected.

That was a problem that was brought up by the inspection. The sellers were supposed to have it fixed. This was their 2nd repair in a couple weeks. Apparently it wasn't fixed as it was doing the same thing.

The jerk came out, spent at least a half hour in the attic and did nothing at all. I could hear him talking on the phone up there. Wish I had listened carefully. He came down finally and said it would be $375 to fix the problem, as there was a broken drain pan. He said there had been someone up in the attic (specified cable guy on his bill) who broke the pan. I told him that the Verizon guy merely told me the pan was full, but he kept insisting the cable guy did it.

He was extremely sarcastic. He just egged me on, why I eventually told him to get out.

That was their excuse to try to cheat me. I told him I refused to pay it; that they should have fixed it right the first time. I was really, really angry and suggested he leave. He said that the boss told him to do it.

I called the realtor and she said she'd get it fixed. So far, nothing has been done. She did the walk through for us, after everything was supposedly fixed, as we were in St Louis moving.

So,SR had to crawl up in the attic numerous times after work, emptying the water into a wastecan and taking it down. This is to keep the thing from shutting down when it gets to the overflow point.

Welcome to Florida, land of the scammers. Oy!

It's going to get better. All the moving and unpacking would put anyone in a bad mood. Crummy neighboors are no fun either. The trashy one next to me moved out. Yeah.

Plus I like Rocks suggestion.

SarasotaRepub
05-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I finally found my coffee pot!!!! :D

But not the coffee...:mad: Or the filters...:mad::D

Rockntractor
05-20-2010, 09:59 PM
I finally found my coffee pot!!!! :D

But not the coffee...:mad: Or the filters...:D

You don't have a store close by?:confused:

SarasotaRepub
05-20-2010, 10:03 PM
You don't have a store close by?:confused:

We do, but SLW packed some coffee away. I'll have to stop by my folks house on the way home tomorrow and pick up the fresh beans and my grinder I left there when I drove down the 1st time.

Rockntractor
05-20-2010, 10:05 PM
We do, but SLW packed some coffee away. I'll have to stop by my folks house on the way home tomorrow and pick up the fresh beans and my grinder I left there when I drove down the 1st time.

You put me in the mood for some, I have a pot of fresh roasted New Guinea brewing right now.

patriot45
05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
You put me in the mood for some, I have a pot of fresh roasted New Guinea brewing right now.

I feel like being healthy tonite! Vodka and cranberry juice! :D
Coffee is for the morning!

Rockntractor
05-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I feel like being healthy tonite! Vodka and cranberry juice! :D
Coffee is for the morning!
Your going to turn green and get bumps!

patriot45
05-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Your going to turn green and get bumps!

Ha, I'll probably pee red in the morning!