PDA

View Full Version : My Wife Is In The Hospital

malloc
05-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey CU, I'm usually not one to talk about personal things on the internet, but I'm really worried right now. My whole family just got hit with a pretty devastating bug. It involved high fevers, and a pretty gross G.I. infection. It was hard to work through because both me and my wife were sick at the same time our three children were sick, so caring for them was very hard. However, my wife is 6 weeks pregnant with our fourth child. She didn't recover with the rest of us, and was admitted into Chandler Regional at about 0300 the morning after last. The doctors at Chandler Regional are top notch and they are doing their best, and they've deduced that the infection has moved into her appendix, and it might need to be removed. However, they are worried about the baby who's heartbeat is under 100 bpm, which is abnormally low. They aren't sure if they can operate without jeopardizing the baby.

I'm not a very religious man. I don't go to Church every Sunday, but I do my best to live my life in the light of Christ's sense of right and wrong. I don't know how someone who isn't a devout Christian is supposed to ask devout Christians for help, but that's what I'm trying to do.

While my wife was being admitted, my best friend, my brother called me. My brother and I don't share a mother or a father, we are best friends, but still non-familial brothers. We shared a house in high school and college. We went into the Corps together, and went to Iraq together, we've been inseparable since we met. We are closer than family. He called and told me that his wife is pregnant. She is also six weeks pregnant with his and her first baby, so our babies will be born within days of each other. I think this is a sign, no less a miracle. My wife and baby only need the strength to get through this, and I'm powerless to help them.

Any time you can spend on a prayer would mean more than I can communicate.

patriot45
05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Hey CU, I'm usually not one to talk about personal things on the internet, but I'm really worried right now. My whole family just got hit with a pretty devastating bug. It involved high fevers, and a pretty gross G.I. infection. It was hard to work through because both me and my wife were sick at the same time our three children were sick, so caring for them was very hard. However, my wife is 6 weeks pregnant with our fourth child. She didn't recover with the rest of us, and was admitted into Chandler Regional at about 0300 the morning after last. The doctors at Chandler Regional are top notch and they are doing their best, and they've deduced that the infection has moved into her appendix, and it might need to be removed. However, they are worried about the baby who's heartbeat is under 100 bpm, which is abnormally low. They aren't sure if they can operate without jeopardizing the baby.

I'm not a very religious man. I don't go to Church every Sunday, but I do my best to live my life in the light of Christ's sense of right and wrong. I don't know how someone who isn't a devout Christian is supposed to ask devout Christians for help, but that's what I'm trying to do.

While my wife was being admitted, my best friend, my brother called me. My brother and I don't share a mother or a father, we are best friends, but still non-familial brothers. We shared a house in high school and college. We went into the Corps together, and went to Iraq together, we've been inseparable since we met. We are closer than family. He called and told me that his wife is pregnant. She is also six weeks pregnant with his and her first baby, so our babies will be born within days of each other. I think this is a sign, no less a miracle. My wife and baby only need the strength to get through this, and I'm powerless to help them.

Any time you can spend on a prayer would mean more than I can communicate.

I'll pray for the best. Ive been in a scary spot before and I feel for you.

Rockntractor
05-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I will pray for you.

lacarnut
05-19-2010, 10:13 PM
I will pray for you.

Same here, You do not have to be a devout Christian to ask for God help, Ask and ye shall receive.

PoliCon
05-19-2010, 10:37 PM
**prayers**

Kay
05-19-2010, 11:04 PM
My prayers are with you.

M21
05-20-2010, 12:44 AM
My wife and I will add your wife and you to our prayer list. I pray regularly with a small group of men and if you'll PM me her name we will all pray for her.

FlaGator
05-20-2010, 07:45 AM
I pray that God's healing and blessing be upon your wife, your unborn child and your family. May God's peace be upon your heart and may God's love and mercy be upon your wife and child.

Sonnabend
05-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Been there. malloc, more than once. Take it one day at a time, and don't burn yourself out.

Prayers for you, give her my love.

noonwitch
05-20-2010, 09:19 AM
I'll keep your wife in my prayers.

Gingersnap
05-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Of course - we'll keep all of you in our prayers. Try to get a little rest.

obx
05-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Your story touched me. I know how you are feeling. My wife and I lost a set of twins. I will pray for you and all your family, and you all have my best wishes.
________
Vapir air one (http://vaporizers.net/vapir-air-one)

fettpett
05-20-2010, 01:04 PM
I'll pray for you too man, My wife and I lost our first one and we thought we might end up having to abort an eptopic pregnacy. it's a scary time you're going through.

Gingersnap
05-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Bumping for the night owls.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Praying for a recovery and the safety of the child.

Any positive news yet??

malloc
05-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Thank you all!

I picked up my wife late last night. She's exhausted, but in much better shape than when she went in. The doctor's were able to bring the infection under control with IV antibiotics, so thankfully she didn't need surgery of any kind.

We are "out of the woods", but I wouldn't say it's over yet. The baby's heart rate and blood work improved as the infection subsided. She has a follow-up appointment with her normal doctors today.

Again, thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers!

FlaGator
05-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Thank you all!

I picked up my wife late last night. She's exhausted, but in much better shape than when she went in. The doctor's were able to bring the infection under control with IV antibiotics, so thankfully she didn't need surgery of any kind.

We are "out of the woods", but I wouldn't say it's over yet. The baby's heart rate and blood work improved as the infection subsided. She has a follow-up appointment with her normal doctors today.

I am very happy to here this. This is truly good news. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

BSR
05-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't know how someone who isn't a devout Christian is supposed to ask devout Christians for help, but that's what I'm trying to do.

Here's the secret to Christianity. You dont have to be a Christian to talk to Christ. It's the continued conversation after the first one and trying to follow his teachings that make you an "offical" Christian

. You said earlier you "do my best to live my life in the light of Christ's sense of right and wrong" Thats a good start. But you dont need CU or Christians to step in and represent you. God would love nothing more than to hear from you,personally . :D

We pray for other people out of our own need to support each other, God is already on top of it.(As it seems she is doing better)

FlaGator
05-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Here's the secret to Christianity. You dont have to be a Christian to talk to Christ. It's the continued conversation after the first one and trying to follow his teachings that make you an "offical" Christian

. You said earlier you "do my best to live my life in the light of Christ's sense of right and wrong" Thats a good start. But you dont need CU or Christians to step in and represent you. God would love nothing more than to hear from you,personally . :D

We pray for other people out of our own need to support each other, God is already on top of it.(As it seems she is doing better)

Well said!!!

Gingersnap
05-21-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm so glad to hear that they are both all right! I was on for a minute this morning hoping for an update. :)

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Thank you all!

Glad all is well with you and yours.

Peace, and continuing thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Kay
05-21-2010, 10:52 PM
What a relief! I'm so thankful that your wife and baby are ok.
Take really good care of her till she gets her strength back.

fettpett
05-21-2010, 11:11 PM
glad to hear everything is working out. Keep her pumped full of fluids to flush that crap out, Lots of Water and Vitamin C. She needs lots of Immune boosting too. Lots of fruit and green veggies, raw if she can handle it.

NJCardFan
05-21-2010, 11:18 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

MrsSmith
05-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Just saw this, I am so happy things are better! :)

RobJohnson
05-22-2010, 06:13 AM
I'm glad she is home and healing. :)

malloc
05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Against my protests my wife drove herself to her doctor's appointment today, and she and the baby are doing much better. I can't really blame her for wanting to drive, she went from nearly a week in a hospital bed to three more days in bed at home, so she was kind of tired of being in bed.

Again, thanks for everyones' thoughts and prayers, I think things are going to be alright now.

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 06:26 PM
What a relief! Tell her that we are all thinking about her and your child. :)

lacarnut
05-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Good news all around.