PDA

View Full Version : Walk this way, NYers

bijou
05-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Someone has finally come up with a way to keep New Yorkers from being driven mad by slow-moving tourists who get in their way -- dividing the sidewalk into separate lanes for residents and out-of-towners.

A white line mysteriously showed up in the center of the Fifth Avenue sidewalk between East 22nd and 23rd streets.

One side -- clearly the fast lane -- is marked "New Yorkers."

And camera-toting out-of-towners can amble along in the "Tourists" lane without being trampled when they stop to take pictures of the big buildings. ...

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/walk_this_way_nyers_WFXYbhAGWkEWUiPlhBpmPJ#ixzz0oU x1fGFj

I like this idea, I wish we had it here. :D

noonwitch
05-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/walk_this_way_nyers_WFXYbhAGWkEWUiPlhBpmPJ#ixzz0oU x1fGFj

I do too, but I also think that New Yorkers are generally wimpy crybabies. They think they are tough, but they are not.

FlaGator
05-20-2010, 03:44 PM

Get a bucket of paint and a brush...

Articulate_Ape
05-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I do too, but I also think that New Yorkers are generally wimpy crybabies. They think they are tough, but they are not.

Easy for you to say from Michigan. Say that in New York and see how long it is before your body starts coming apart.

JB
05-20-2010, 06:40 PM
I drew a line across my stomach so my wimmins know to talk fast and sex me slow.

djones520
05-20-2010, 06:44 PM
I drew a line across my stomach so my wimmins know to talk fast and sex me slow.

ROFLCOPTER

JB
05-20-2010, 06:56 PM
ROFLCOPTERThink I'm kidding? Ask jendf.

patriot45
05-20-2010, 08:08 PM

Haha! New Yawkers are wimpy!?! Fugheddaboudit! Never buy sausage in little Italy! It might be someone you knew!

You michiganders burn down your own cities every Halloween!

djones520
05-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Haha! New Yawkers are wimpy!?! Fugheddaboudit! Never buy sausage in little Italy! It might be someone you knew!

Don't forget, we do it when we win the Stanley Cup as well! :D

Articulate_Ape
05-20-2010, 09:55 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!

noonwitch
05-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Easy for you to say from Michigan. Say that in New York and see how long it is before your body starts coming apart.

I'm a white girl who lived in the Detroit ghetto for 12 years, and has worked in CFS in Detroit for 23, do you really think New Yorkers scare me?

I went to New York, once, and I had a great time. One day, I was walking around Central Park wearing a dress, a "Bad Boys" hat, was taking pictures and carrying a big-ass purse that screamed "tourist". This huge, scary guy walked up next to me all creepy-like and asked me if I was from Detroit or the suburbs-I told him Dee-troit, and he said " Oh, Have a nice day" and walked away from me quickly. He could have knocked me down, grabbed my purse and been gone before I would have gotten to any kind of safety, but he didn't want to tango with a white girl from Detroit. Wuss.

Articulate_Ape
05-21-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm a white girl who lived in the Detroit ghetto for 12 years, and has worked in CFS in Detroit for 23, do you really think New Yorkers scare me?

I went to New York, once, and I had a great time. One day, I was walking around Central Park wearing a dress, a "Bad Boys" hat, was taking pictures and carrying a big-ass purse that screamed "tourist". This huge, scary guy walked up next to me all creepy-like and asked me if I was from Detroit or the suburbs-I told him Dee-troit, and he said " Oh, Have a nice day" and walked away from me quickly. He could have knocked me down, grabbed my purse and been gone before I would have gotten to any kind of safety, but he didn't want to tango with a white girl from Detroit. Wuss.

You probably looked like the broad from Detroit he had murdered the night before so he thought you were a ghost.

jendf
06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Think I'm kidding? Ask jendf.

Is nothing sacred anymore?! :p

M21
06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Is nothing sacred anymore?! :p

Nice new Av. :cool:

Zafod
06-04-2010, 02:55 PM

NY is filled to the brim with assholes.

anyone moving there tends to turn into assholes.

at least the few friends I have known that have moved there have turned into total dickheads.

noonwitch
06-04-2010, 03:39 PM

Well, there's Detroit and then there's the rest of Michigan. Devil's night in every other Michigan city except Detroit and Highland Park is a matter of teenagers toilet papering their rivals' trees. The numbers have dropped off and the Devil's Night arson statistics are not much higher than any other night. We don't get the pyromaniac tourists anymore, like we used to in the 80s and early 90s.

New Yorkers-when was the last time a former NY Mayor got carted off to prison after being handcuffed during live television coverage of his court hearing? When was the last time that most of the city of NY believed their mayor had a stripper killed? And you all think Chicago politics are dirty!

Don't hit a big bump on 1-96 in Detroit, it could be Jimmy Hoffa.

jendf
06-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Nice new Av. :cool:

Thanks! :D