PDA

View Full Version : Naked man: 'God told me to be naked'

bijou
05-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Shafiq Mohamed was arrested for walking naked down the street of Thibodaux, Louisiana, after police responded to an obscenity complaint at about 2am on Thursday morning.

Mohamed reportedly explained to the officers that 'America raped him' and that God had told him to walk around naked in order to save his soul. ...
link (http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/827261-naked-man-god-told-me-to-be-naked)

noonwitch
05-21-2010, 10:50 AM
God made Ezekiel do some pretty weird things, like lay on one side, and eat bread baked with dung.

Megaguns91
05-21-2010, 11:04 AM
God told me to eat a doughnut for breakfast. :)

bijou
05-21-2010, 04:53 PM

So God's not down with the Atkins Diet? :confused::D

Megaguns91
05-21-2010, 06:51 PM
So God's not down with the Atkins Diet? :confused::D

I dunno but he's certainly down with doughnuts :p

lurkalot
05-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Apparently God has a sense of humor and uses this order quite a bit..I heard it more than a few times when I used to work in psych admitting....

Rockntractor
05-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm not buying it! How can you just eat "a" donut?:confused::rolleyes:

FlaGator
05-21-2010, 08:31 PM
God has a great sense of humor... I offer up wilbur as an example. :D

Rockntractor
05-21-2010, 08:39 PM
God has a great sense of humor... I offer up wilbur as an example. :D

Wilbur is kind of like English humor!:confused:

Space Gravy
05-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Apparently God has a sense of humor and uses this order quite a bit..I heard it more than a few times when I used to work in psych admitting....

Is that code for family reunion?:D

Gingersnap
05-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Don't rape victims usually exhibit an excessive level of modesty after the attack? :confused:

fettpett
05-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Wilbur is kind of like English humor!:confused:

no no...more like German humor after heavily drinking French liqueur

PoliCon
05-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Don't rape victims usually exhibit an excessive level of modesty after the attack? :confused:

yes.

Rockntractor
05-21-2010, 11:53 PM
God made Ezekiel do some pretty weird things, like lay on one side, and eat bread baked with dung.
There was no shit mixed in with the bread, the beef by products were burned to produce the heat to bake the bread not unlike what many of our settlers did when moving through plains areas on their way westward. Ed Zekiel could have done a much better job explaining that in his book!:rolleyes:

m00
05-22-2010, 07:08 AM
I've always wondered why being naked in public was a crime. There's no health concern (if you stay outside of places where food is served). It's distasteful and shocking based on the rules of our society, but so are a lot of things that aren't illegal.

Wei Wu Wei
05-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Well if there's a God then I presume he knows what he's doing and he made me naked so....

Anyway, fun fact: in Texas if a person hears God telling them to commit a crime, they can plead insanity. However, the insanity defense doesn't work if the person heard Satan telling them to do it.

FlaGator
05-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Well if there's a God then I presume he knows what he's doing and he made me naked so....

Anyway, fun fact: in Texas if a person hears God telling them to commit a crime, they can plead insanity. However, the insanity defense doesn't work if the person heard Satan telling them to do it.

Actually that is not true. People are both are generally not given a pass unless they are truly insane or fake it really well.

Wei Wu Wei
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Actually that is not true. People are both are generally not given a pass unless they are truly insane or fake it really well.

Assuming they both believe they heard a supernatural voice speaking to them, the person given instructions by Satan would still be deemed guilty while the person being instructed by God would be deemed insane.

The reasoning is that Satan has no moral authority, so even if they are experiencing auditory hallucinations (a major symptom of schizophrenia), the fact that they acted out in accordance with Satan's wishes (or so they believe) proves their guilt.

noonwitch
05-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Assuming they both believe they heard a supernatural voice speaking to them, the person given instructions by Satan would still be deemed guilty while the person being instructed by God would be deemed insane.

The reasoning is that Satan has no moral authority, so even if they are experiencing auditory hallucinations (a major symptom of schizophrenia), the fact that they acted out in accordance with Satan's wishes (or so they believe) proves their guilt.

People have tried using that defense. The heavy-metal parent killers of the 90s would claim they had talked to Satan. Most were still found guilty of murder one.

For it to work as an insanity defense, one would have to make a case that through delusions or hallucinations, Satan threatened to hurt another person the criminal loved if he didn't do whatever the crime is he is saying Satan told him to commit. Then, the defendant could claim that his illness caused him to think he was doing the right thing.