PDA

View Full Version : Lets Go Flyers!

NJCardFan
05-23-2010, 10:21 AM
1 game away from an improbably shot at Lord Stanley's Cup. This is a team who barely made it into the playoffs. They had to win the final game of the season to make it and did so in a shootout. Then after a relative easy 1st round, they had to come back from a 3 games to none deficit as well as a 3-0 deficit in game 7 against Boston to advance. Now they've taken a 3-1 lead in the series against Montreal with the 3 wins being shutouts and are now 1 game from the Stanley Cup finals, most likely against Chicago.

Meanwhile, all the attention is on the annual NBA yawnfest. Lakers v. Celtics. Wake me when it's over.

djones520
05-23-2010, 11:38 AM
I know what you mean about the NBA. Don't get to excited though. Looks like the Blackhawks are gonna take the West, and thats bad news for whoever wins in the East.

NJCardFan
05-23-2010, 10:55 PM
I know what you mean about the NBA. Don't get to excited though. Looks like the Blackhawks are gonna take the West, and thats bad news for whoever wins in the East.

But the Flyers are on a mission. I've never seen them play this kind of inspired hockey. Not even in our Cup years of 74/75. I mean, who's Michael Leighton? And where did he get this 1.37 GAA. in the playoffs? Mind you, I picked the Blackhawks from the beginning of the playoffs and they've played extremely well but for some reason I see the Flyers as being on a quest. After coming back from 3-0 down in a series, it would mean nothing without Lord Stanley's Cup. And it's possible since the Phils broke the jinx in 08. :D

JB
05-26-2010, 05:52 PM
w00t

JB
05-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Tampa Bay Rays join pro-Blackhawks, anti-Philly bandwagons

The Chicago Blackhawks' bandwagon is getting to be a rather crowded place...The newest recruits? The entire Tampa Bay Rays' roster in Major League Baseball.

The Rays are visiting the Blue Jays beginning next Monday; and in honor of the Stanley Cup Finals, which begin Saturday night between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Philadelphia Flyers, Maddon declared last week that his team would wear hockey jerseys on the road trip.

"I think we're going to get 20, maybe 25 guys to do it," Hickey says. "Nothing like a little pro-Chicago, anti-Philadelphia sentiment. I thought we could share our mutual dislike for Philadelphia sports teams."
Yes! Bring on the hating.

How ghey. I guess they are still smartin' from the World Series beating we gave them.

Patriot45, you root for these fems? Hahahahahaha.

Flyers in 6.

Tampa Bay Gays (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Tampa-Bay-Rays-join-pro-Blackhawks-anti-Philly-;_ylt=Ar6OORCAALfn4Ee32YnMH.R7vLYF?urn=nhl,244361)

djones520
05-28-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm saying Hawks in 6. Not cause I'm a fan. I'm a Red Wings fan, never a question about me being a Hawks fan. :p

Just think they're a more reliable team.

patriot45
05-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes! Bring on the hating.

How ghey. I guess they are still smartin' from the World Series beating we gave them.

Patriot45, you root for these fems? Hahahahahaha.

Flyers in 6.

Tampa Bay Gays (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Tampa-Bay-Rays-join-pro-Blackhawks-anti-Philly-;_ylt=Ar6OORCAALfn4Ee32YnMH.R7vLYF?urn=nhl,244361)

Nah, I'll go with the Flyers! The goalie is a brick wall!

I am a Lightning fan! Maybe next year! :rolleyes:

djones520
05-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Nah, I'll go with the Flyers! The goalie is a brick wall!

I am a Lightning fan! Maybe next year! :rolleyes:

Hah! You just made me choke. :p

NJCardFan
05-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm saying Hawks in 6. Not cause I'm a fan. I'm a Red Wings fan, never a question about me being a Hawks fan. :p

Fine. I'm happy with being the underdog. BTW, the only meeting between the 2 teams the Flyers won 3-2. This isn't going to be a cakewalk either way. IMO, it comes down to goaltending and both goalies are subject to lapses, however, Leighton has been as close to lights out these playoffs. He's given up more than 2 goals twice and has 3 shutouts and was part of another. Going to be a good, tough series. If the Flyers can steal 1 in Chicago, at any point, they will win the series in 6 or 7.

djones520
05-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Well that definitely wasn't a game of Dueling Goalies.

Big Guy
05-29-2010, 11:21 PM
It was a fast paced game, but neither goalies were up to it.

I have to side with the Black Hawks, not that I even like them.

Might as well root for the team that knocked out my Preds.

NJCardFan
05-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Well that definitely wasn't a game of Dueling Goalies.

Sure it was but it was let's see who can give up the most goals. In this case it was a tie(Niemi-5, Leighton-5, Boucher-1). Flyers really need to step up the defense if they're to have a chance. At times it looked like they were skating on cement. And too many giveaways. Bad turnovers led to at least 4 of Chicago's goals. Their forechecking was fine but the defense looked stuck in the mud to the point where at times they were just standing around. But neither team impressed defensively. Look for a much closer game tomorrow night and by closer I mean lower scoring.

noonwitch
06-03-2010, 09:09 AM

I'm rooting for the Hawks, too. I'm glad they beat the Sharks.

KhrushchevsShoe
06-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Game 4 is going to be huge, Philly cant come back from 3-1 with 2 of the remaining games in Chicago.

NJCardFan
06-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Game 4 is going to be huge, Philly cant come back from 3-1 with 2 of the remaining games in Chicago.

Not saying you're not right but they weren't supposed to come back from 3-0 with 2 games in Boston either. Especially considering Boston had a 3-0 lead in game 7. However, Chicago is a much different team and I agree that going down 3-1 would be very bad.

KhrushchevsShoe
06-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Hossa is one of the most remarkably skilled players in any sport. He plays hockey like its an art form.

This is still very much a series, Chicago showed that when they are firing on all cylinders Philly cannot stop them, but at the same time the Blackhawks have been painfully bad at the Wachovia Center. Benching Leighton will prove to be a pretty stupid move, Kane and Byfuglien are finding their games again which jives pretty poorly with a question mark guarding the net.

NJCardFan
06-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Well, we looked like crap last night. No urgency and no fire. Chicago's domination was more to do with Flyer apathy than Chicago greatness. I've never seen a team just stand around the entire game.

NJCardFan
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Well, we gave it a shot. Congrats to Chicago. They earned it.