PDA

View Full Version : Teamsters Rally Against Tax Increases

Puro Fan
05-23-2010, 12:55 PM
New York State Teamsters Rally Against Soda Tax
TOP ISSUE: Soda Tax

New York State Teamsters Rally Against Soda Tax

Job Losses, Higher Costs for Working Families Would Result

(WASHINGTON) – Hundreds of Teamsters from throughout New York State rallied today at the capital in Albany to oppose to the proposed soda tax. A soda tax would result in declining beverage sales that are delivered by Teamster members in the state, causing wide-spread job losses.

“The Governor’s proposed soda tax is the wrong fix,” said James P. Hoffa, Teamsters General President. “Not only does the soda tax hurt consumers, it will hurt small businesses and result in further job losses.”

“We are encouraged that the legislature has stood strong in the fight against this job-killing tax, but we know the fight is not over,” said George Miranda, President of Teamsters Joint Council 16, New York, N.Y., which represents Teamsters working in New York City, Long Island, Westchester and the Hudson Valley.

“More taxes will not make our economy healthier,” said John Bulgaro, President of Teamsters Joint Council 18, Albany, N.Y., which represents Central New York Teamsters. “In fact this tax will eliminate jobs and increase costs for families on tight budgets.”

I wonder if the Dems got the memo?

http://www.teamster.org/content/teamsters-ratify-anheuser-busch-contract-1

djones520
05-23-2010, 04:24 PM
James Hoffa? Did they finally find him?

Constitutionally Speaking
05-23-2010, 04:51 PM

His son.

djones520
05-23-2010, 05:14 PM
His son.

Ahhh.

fettpett
05-23-2010, 06:00 PM
got to love it when Libs jump on the anti-tax bandwagon

Elspeth
05-23-2010, 08:16 PM
got to love it when Libs jump on the anti-tax bandwagon

Actually, I'm glad they are. Of course, Oblahblah won't listen. Real people don't matter to him.

Zeus
05-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Teamsters are the one union not solidly in the Dems pocket. Teamsters not always but usually back the conservative candidate.

NJCardFan
05-23-2010, 10:28 PM

It's James P. Hoffa and not James R. Hoffa.

OT: I campaigned for Hoffa in 1996 and 1998 against Carey and met him at a rally in Philly. The man is passionate about what he does. That said, there is no more corrupt organization on this earth as the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Well, the NEA maybe but not by much.

fettpett
05-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Teamsters are the one union not solidly in the Dems pocket. Teamsters not always but usually back the conservative candidate.

ahh...ok...that's why my local Teamsters backed Obama and blew over $1 million on his campaign when the people who paid the dues (my fellow employees') jobs where in jeopardy and didn't lift one fucking finger to help us when the plant closed.

Fuck Teamsters and all Unions