PDA

View Full Version : Update: Illegal alien rape suspect has been deported nine times

Odysseus
05-24-2010, 09:22 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immigration-Reform-Examiner~y2010m5d23-Update-Illegal-alien-rape-suspect-has-been-deported-nine-times
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID35821/images/resized_jose_lopez_madrigal_ci.jpg
Dave Gibson
May 23, 1:15 AM Immigration Reform Examiner

I recently reported on the arrest of Mexican national Jose Lopez Madrigal in Edmonds, Washington for rape. Early reports indicated that he had been previously deported four times.

However, through confidential law enforcement sources and government documents, the investigative news team at KING 5 in Seattle has discovered that Madrigal has actually been deported back to Mexico a total of nine times.

On the evening of May 16, a police officer responding to a woman’s cries for help, caught Madrigal, 46, on top of a woman, raping her. Madrigal had forced the woman into the bushes behind a Safeway in Edmonds, Washington.

According to the arrest affidavit, Madrigal approached the woman, offering her $35 for sex. When she said no, the illegal alien dragged her behind the store and raped her.

The 28-year-old rape victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Madrigal reportedly told police: “Sometimes we have control in our brains, but we make mistakes.”

Madrigal has been charged with rape, and is also being held on an Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainer. Police report that the illegal alien has a total of 35 different aliases.

Due to his numerous aliases, police had to rely on fingerprint records to identify Madrigal.

Madrigal has a lengthy crimial record in this country, dating back to 1989, when he was convicted of theft with a firearm in California. After that, he was deported twice, before his next arrest on this side of the border.

In 1999, he was arrested for drug distribution in San Diego and San Francisco. He was deported three times that year alone, between April and August.

In 2000, Madrigal was arrested again for drug distribution in Stockton, Ca.

In 2002, he pleaded guilty to sexual assault in Denver, and deported again.

In 2003, he was deported three more times.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Seattle is, of course, a "sanctuary city" for illegals.

And here's more on crimes committed by illegals by this columnist: http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immigration-Reform-Examiner~topic623015-Illegal-Alien-Crime

FlaGator
05-24-2010, 09:28 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immigration-Reform-Examiner~y2010m5d23-Update-Illegal-alien-rape-suspect-has-been-deported-nine-times
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID35821/images/resized_jose_lopez_madrigal_ci.jpg
Dave Gibson
May 23, 1:15 AM Immigration Reform Examiner

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Seattle is, of course, a "sanctuary city" for illegals.

And here's more on crimes committed by illegals by this columnist: http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immigration-Reform-Examiner~topic623015-Illegal-Alien-Crime

Does Washington have any sanctuary cities for rape victims?

NJCardFan
05-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Lets have open borders!

lacarnut
05-24-2010, 10:15 AM

They have a sanctuary for heroin addicts.

Space Gravy
05-24-2010, 10:21 AM
He shouldn't be called an illegal alien. It might hurt his feelings and damage his self esteem.

Odysseus
05-24-2010, 12:02 PM

If they did, every taxpayer who is subject to the federal tax code could claim sanctuary.

Wei Wu Wei
05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Prison.

Odysseus
05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Prison.

And then what? He serves his time, maybe he gets deported (if he doesn't disappear before he's released), and then he just finds a way back across the border. And, of course, between Mexico and Seattle are states like Arizona, which he has to pass through on his way north, and in which he displays no more self-control than he did in Washington State. Still think that the Arizona law is based on "racism?"

fettpett
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
my guess is the guy is a repeat offender, whether he's be caught or not before is neither here nor there, 9 deportations and 35 aliaisis? give me a break, the dude needs to get dumped out on a rocky island of the Aleutian Islands..

umm.....maybe we should send all violent criminals out there..... :D

Megaguns91
05-24-2010, 05:24 PM

No. It's a frequent occurrence in my lovely state for people who neglect their animals or something on a similar level to get a more severe punishment than a child rapist would. (I'm not condoning animals abuse, just putting things into perspective. I love my animals :o )

Wei Wu Wei
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
And then what? He serves his time, maybe he gets deported (if he doesn't disappear before he's released),

Maximum punishment. He's a repeat offender so give him the maximum for aggrivated sexual assault or rape or whatever is worse if those are different charges.

Still think that the Arizona law is based on "racism?"

I absolutely do think that there is a strong element of ethnic antagonism at work in Arizona's recent laws.

PoliCon
05-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Prison.

screw that. Hell.

malloc
05-24-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't see any mention of bail in the article, so let's hope he is remanded. The ICE detainer only specifies that he remain in custody an additional 48 hours after he would have normally been released.

If this guy gets out on bond while awaiting trial, he'll be gone. He'll flee to Mexico, and then be back in the U.S. in a matter of months with a new alias and credentials. Until he commits another crime when this scenario will be repeated.

I absolutely do think that there is a strong element of ethnic antagonism at work in Arizona's recent laws.

Well, what you think and reality haven't ever exactly been similar, so I'm not overly concerned.

Odysseus
05-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Maximum punishment. He's a repeat offender so give him the maximum for aggrivated sexual assault or rape or whatever is worse if those are different charges.

And you don't think that it has anything to do with skyrocketing violent crime and burglary rates in the border areas, the transformation of Pheonix into the kidnapping capital of the US and the fear that the locals have to live with daily? The crime stats for Cochise County, Arizona, are telling:

Year Rape Rape Rate
2005 40 31.2
2004 46 36.6
2003 48 39.0
2002 19 15.2
2001 27 22.2
2000 9 7.6
1999 9 7.8
1998 10 8.7
1997 7 5.9
1996 7 6.0
1995 4 3.6

Year Burglary Burglary Rate
2006 1,118 853.9
2005 919 716.7
2004 849 675.3
2003 905 734.7
2002 809 646.0
2001 676 555.0
And the costs associated with the influx of illegals is a burden on its own:

Illegal Immigration Costs to Arizona border counties
Cochise: $1.7 million
Pima: $15 million
Santa Cruz: $2.2 million
Yuma: $7.7 million
Source: U.S./ Mexico Border Counties Coalition
It's not "ethnic antagonism" to not want to be raped or robbed, nor is it "ethnic antagonism" to resent having to pay additional taxes to deal with the costs incurred by illegals. If pale, blonde, blue-eyed Nordic types were coming down from Canada and trafficking drugs, vandalizing property, breaking into homes and committing violent assaults on their way south, you'd see the states on the Canadian border passing similar laws.

And, while we're on the subject of ethnic antagonism, do you acknowledge any ethnic strife caused by groups like La Raza, who claim that the entire American southwest should be Mexican and that whites deserve nothing? Or Latino kids in an American high school who find our flag to be offensive? For that matter, do you see any bigotry in the reactions of our elites to the plight of middle class Americans who are routinely villified as bigots because they'd like to sleep safely in their own beds?

jediab
05-25-2010, 10:22 AM
He shouldn't be called an illegal alien. It might hurt his feelings and damage his self esteem.

Correct. He should instead be called an Undocumented Democrat.