PDA

View Full Version : How Will Jack Go Out? (Spoilers.)

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 07:34 PM
What are your predictions for the end of '24'?

ralph wiggum
05-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I've been avoiding these threads like the plague. I have three months saved up on my DVR, but I can't get a rainy day to watch them.

Defiant1
05-24-2010, 07:54 PM
I've only watched the first two or three episodes.

My prediction is Jack will be choked out by Mitch Rapp.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-24-2010, 07:55 PM
If I were to bet, you simply won't know if he is alive or not. There will be some explosion or similar cataclysmic event and Jack will be caught in it - fade to black.

ralph wiggum
05-24-2010, 08:13 PM
If I were to bet, you simply won't know if he is alive or not. There will be some explosion or similar cataclysmic event and Jack will be caught in it - fade to black.

He has to live. There'll be a lot of money to be made with a movie.

Kay
05-24-2010, 08:47 PM
I am so throughly pissed right now! The last 2 hr special of the entire 8 season series,
and I didn't get home till 30 minutes after it started! :mad: I'm going to have to avoid this
thread and watch it tomorrow on hulu.

I like the idea above, where there's some big explosion and it leaves you to wonder if
he was blown up or escaped. It's already been reported that they are going to make
a series of theater movies in the near future, so I don't see them ending with Jack dying.

NJCardFan
05-24-2010, 08:50 PM

They can do well with a prequel. If you remember, the significance of the relationship with then Sen. Palmer and Jack was a mission they both were on a few years prior to the first season. That would make a better movie than the same old plot lines they've been going with.

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I am so throughly pissed right now! The last 2 hr special of the entire 8 season series,
and I didn't get home till 30 minutes after it started! :mad: I'm going to have to avoid this

I like the idea above, where there's some big explosion and it leaves you to wonder if
he was blown up or escaped. It's already been reported that they are going to make
a series of theater movies in the near future, so I don't see them ending with Jack dying.

No DVR? :(

I always wait about 20 minutes so I can skip all the commercials.

NJCardFan
05-24-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm DVRing it because I'm watching the hockey game.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Yup.

Speedy
05-24-2010, 10:01 PM
24 went out on a high note.

Rockntractor
05-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Jack likes to nibble ears.:eek:

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Logan bought the farm. :)

Speedy
05-24-2010, 11:53 PM

First time in eight save the world days that Jack ever stopped for a bite to eat!

No he didn't. He wound up brain damaged but not dead.

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 11:59 PM
No he didn't. He wound up brain damaged but not dead.

He was brain damaged from the beginning; he's dead now.

NJCardFan
05-25-2010, 01:13 AM
24 went out with a wimper. I'm both sorry and glad to see the show end. They promised a surprise ending and the ending, at least to me, wasn't all that much of a surprise.

Zathras
05-25-2010, 04:14 AM

Yeah, like Mike Tyson. :D

SaintLouieWoman
05-25-2010, 11:40 AM

I'm not reading any further, either. We had a neighborhood association meeting last night. There might have been more action there than on some of the previous 24 episodes. :D

Wow, these homeowner's associations get tough. Some of the people got up and left, after having their say. There wasn't the screaming and shouting that apparently went on in the previous month's meeting. Can't believe they have MONTHLY meetings. 2 subdivisions ago, they had meetings once a year, In the last 4 1/2 years at my most recent house in STL area, there were no meetings.

It' getting hot. They're trying to cap the # of pets to 3 per household. Apparently the Sarasota County limits it to 5.

Then there are the matters of fencess and how many unrelated folk can live per household.

The attorney (looked like a kid---the baby lawyer of the firm) was there all suited up. He was very uncomfortable when the woman behind him said "You're such a cute looking young man to have such a mean mouth." She said that she brought the letter written by him so anyone could look. And so it went for 3 hours.

No live 24 for us. :eek::mad:

Hope the recording worked, first time we've used it here.

Kay
05-25-2010, 10:52 PM
No DVR? :(

No DVR.....I don't watch enough tv for it to have been worth the trouble of getting one yet, and now with Jack gone, I'll be watching even less. 24 has been the only regular weekly seasonal show I've followed in years. I'm sad to see it end.

I thought Logan bought the farm when his ex-wife stabbed him in the neck. I was shocked when he reappeared this season. But like Speedy said, he didn't die, Tim (the homeland security guy) told POTUS Taylor that he would make it, but would be permanently brain damaged. So he bought the veggie farm.

Just watched it on hulu. As far as the ending - at least they left it set up for a possible new season if they ever decide to bring the show back, or a movie. I don't like the way they did the ending though, the outcome was ok, but here's the way I'd have written the scene:

Jack would have been taken by the 4 men in black ops suits from the ambulance ambush, then I'd have had the black truck pull into a vacant area where a black helocopter was waiting. They throw him in the helicopter still with the hood over his head and it takes off. Then after it's up in the air, they pull his hood off, and the pilot looks around. It's Jack's old friend that was helping him before, after Cole didn't arrest him he'd been following Jack and snuck in and nabbed him before they could get him back to CTU, and before Logan's hit men could get him. Then the pilot friend and Jack would smile at each other and fly off into the sunset out of the country under the radar. CTU would not have even known what happened to Jack. He would have just disappeared without a trace.

I also would have had a scene of Dalia Hussan slapping the chit out of Taylor.
I never liked her.

Gingersnap
05-25-2010, 11:47 PM
I also would have had a scene of Dalia Hussan slapping the chit out of Taylor.
I never liked her.

I think we all wanted to see that.

Busting your kid is one thing; screwing your nation over for a diplomatic coup is something else.