PDA

View Full Version : Sorority Girls Gone Wild

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorority Girls Gone Wild
Ohio sisters under gun for recent vomit-, booze-, sex-filled event

MAY 24--For the second time in recent weeks, a chapter of the Pi Beta Phi sorority is being accused of drunkenly trashing a facility during a formal dance. At a March 6 party sponsored by the group's Ohio University chapter, attendees engaged in sex acts, used plates as "missiles" during food fights, vomited on carpets, defecated in urinals, and tried to tear off the clothes of a female bartender, according to a letter written by the director of the West Virginia art center where the formal was held. In her April 6 letter to the sorority, a copy of which you'll find below, Abby Hayhurst, head of the Parkersburg Art Center, reported that catering staff witnessed "a couple engaging in sexual congress, while surrounded by a cheering throng," and that a bathroom sink was broken as a result of "one of your members and her date attempting to have sexual relations on it, an act which was witnessed by the event's caterer, who walked in on them." The art center, which reported the damage to the Parkersburg Police Department, is seeking about $47,000 from the sorority, which contends that the art center has exaggerated its damages. Last month, the Pi Beta Phi chapter at Miami University was suspended after a wild April 9 spring formal at a lakefront Ohio lodge. In a letter detailing damages and the sorority's wild behavior, lodge owner Lyndsay Rapier-Phipps noted that the students were "totally obliterated and behaving like immature children."

For the record, the combined weight/force of a normal couple shouldn't be sufficient to break a bathroom sink.

*whistles innocently, stubs toe in dirt*

TSG (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0524101sorority1.html)

Rockntractor
05-24-2010, 08:11 PM
For the record, the combined weight/force of a normal couple shouldn't be sufficient to break a bathroom sink.

You need to take into consideration the inertia of one of the bodies repeatedly thrusting then stopping against the other body, this plus the stationary weight of the receiving body could do it.

ralph wiggum
05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I knew there was a reason I always liked Pi Phi's. :D

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 08:50 PM
You need to take into consideration the inertia of one of the bodies repeatedly thrusting then stopping against the other body, this plus the stationary weight of the receiving body could do it.

Do you seriously think that I didn't pass my physics requirements? :mad:

:p

Rockntractor
05-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Do you seriously think that I didn't pass my physics requirements? :mad:

:p

You are a girl!:confused:

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 09:13 PM
You are a girl!:confused:

I'm a wicked smart girl. ;)

Rockntractor
05-24-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm a wicked smart girl. ;)
Maybe so but you still have your hardrive loaded up with all that feminine stuff and your processor is different, in kind of a quantum way!

lurkalot
05-24-2010, 10:11 PM
it doesn't specifically state how it was broken. Now if it was pulled away from the wall and the plumbing was torn out, it could happen.

*walks away whistling innocently*:o

PoliCon
05-24-2010, 10:16 PM

That depends on if the sink is a wall mounted or floor mounted model and how fat the chic is.

Jumpy
05-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Really?? We have a local dive bar with only one bathroom stall in the "ladies" room. That sink gets broken often, and everyone figures it is because some drunk girl (nobody I would ever associate with) cannot wait for the stall to be open, so she hops on the sink to pee. It isnt as if she can stand and do it...

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Hello? I used a qualifier: "normal". I'm not talking about the equivalent of the junior varsity Sumo Wrestling team meeting up with the Fat Acceptance Miss Nationals here.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Rockntractor
05-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Hello? I used a qualifier: "normal". I'm not talking about the equivalent of the junior varsity Sumo Wrestling team meeting up with the Fat Acceptance Miss Nationals here.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

You mean normal as in national average weight for the USA?

Gingersnap
05-24-2010, 11:58 PM
You mean normal as in national average weight for the USA?

Lord, no. :eek:

Not 'average' or 'median' - actual 100 pounds per five feet in height plus 5/6 pounds per extra inch for women or 106 per 5 feet in height plus 6/7 pounds per inch for men (not lifters).

Or something that doesn't involve a ticket from a truck scale.

noonwitch
05-25-2010, 10:18 AM
We always had our formals at either Holiday Inns or Days Inns. I don't really remember many of the specifics of those formals, however. I remember the first one was at a Days Inn in Three Rivers, and they didn't stop people from drinking alcohol in jacuzzis back then.

There was a buffet, which is a really bad idea for a sorority or fraternity formal that also has a cash bar, and a bunch of minors who are keeping bottles upon bottles of wine and liquor in their rooms. I remember trying to get fried chicken onto my plate, it falling to the floor, and me kicking it under the buffet table where no one could see it. I was actually dating the guy I went to that dance with, and went to his frat's formal the next week, where I stayed sober to keep him out of trouble, like he had done for me the week before.

The next year, I had a blind date and instead of bringing a gallon of Gallo, I brought a couple of fifths of Seagrams 7. All I really remember of that one is pushing my date onto the balcony and locking him out there for about an hour because he thought I was easy when I was drunk. He was wrong, I'm mean when I'm drunk, which is why I pretty much stopped drinking a few years after I graduated.

Gingersnap
05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
The next year, I had a blind date and instead of bringing a gallon of Gallo, I brought a couple of fifths of Seagrams 7. All I really remember of that one is pushing my date onto the balcony and locking him out there for about an hour because he thought I was easy when I was drunk. He was wrong, I'm mean when I'm drunk, which is why I pretty much stopped drinking a few years after I graduated.

At least he wasn't drunk enough to attempt a cross-balcony reentry maneuver. :D

noonwitch
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM
At least he wasn't drunk enough to attempt a cross-balcony reentry maneuver. :D

Remember the tall versions of Holiday Inns, that have become Days Inns since the first chain went totally upscale? He would have had a long fall into the cold Grand River, with it's undertow, and nobody would have even reported him missing until the next morning.

It was November in Michigan. An hour on the balcony was better than a cold shower.