PDA

View Full Version : California Bill Would Force Public Schools to Honor a dead ‘Queer Freak'"

megimoo
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
A conservative group is warning parents about a bill under consideration in the California state Senate that requires public schools to have an official ''Gay Day.'' AB 2567 requires Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to proclaim May 22 of each year as Harvey Milk Day, putting it on par with President’s Day and Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Harvey Milk was the first openly homosexual person to be elected to public office in a major U.S. city.
Just Another patheitc San Francisco Queer with a crazy queer enemy .

comments :
I'm stuck here in Cali for another 18 months for my husband's job - we're out as soon as possible after that. This place is nuts, BUT...there are strong undercurrents to be encouraged about. Prop 8 (constitutional amend to define marriage between man/woman only) has strong grass-roots and national support, and has really woken a bunch of fence sitters up. I'm excited to volunteer for this campaign during my Cali exile, as well as support some conservative congressional campaigns as well. Please just pray for California. There are some good people out here on the left coast! :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey gays. Most of us do not care how or who you choose to have sex with. It is none of our buisness and we would appreciate it if you would keep your sexuality to your selfs. Please quit trying to make heros out of people just because of where they choose to butter their carrot! You are always screaming about how your sexuality is your buisness and you can do as you choose. I could not agree more. It is your buisness and if you would just shut up about it and quit throwing it in everyones faces we will be more than happy to ignore you and your sexuality.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=33726

doodleduh
08-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Just Another patheitc San Francisco Queer with a crazy queer enemy.
That's quite rude, you know.

megimoo
08-07-2008, 11:13 PM
That's quite rude, you know.As intended,are you very offended ?

LibraryLady
08-07-2008, 11:31 PM
That's quite rude, you know.

Just try to ignore megimoo; that's what I do.

Gingersnap
08-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Being honored or recognized in any way for sexual behavior is just bizarre to me.

megimoo
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
California Legislature Approves 'Gay Day' in Public Schools

Democrats send AB 2567 to Governor Schwarzenegger Sacramento, California – AUGUST 7 Campaign for Children and Families (CCF), a leading California organization protecting parents' rights and children's innocence, condemns the passage of AB 2567, which will instruct all California public schools to "conduct suitable commemorative exercises" in support of the anti-religious, sexual-anarchy agenda of the late San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk. On Thursday, August 7, the California Assembly passed AB 2567 on a 43 to 26 vote, Democrats for, Republicans silently against. Earlier this week, AB 2567 passed the California State Senate on a 22-13 vote, Democrats for, Republicans against....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2058607/posts#comment

noonwitch
08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I think it's okay to honor Harvey Milk. Whatever one thinks of gays and liberals, he and Moscone did not deserve to get gunned down the way that they did.