PDA

View Full Version : Muggy Tuesday

Rockntractor
05-25-2010, 01:27 AM
86 F | 65 F 91% humidity. It so muggy you sweat and it doesn't do you any good. I'm re-stacking a stupid retaining wall this week so I'm working my ass off!

TOTD: Do you ever do things that are dangerous just for the hell of it? Rock climb, skydiving, telling your wife her butt looks big, drive fast etc......

RobJohnson
05-25-2010, 02:07 AM
We actually have some humidity here after a good rainstorm on Sunday. It warmed back up and we are back in the low 80's for highs..the weather is about perfect.

Tuesday is my Friday, I won't return to work until next Tuesday and will enjoy my six days off work.

I had plans for a family get together in Las Vegas but my mother has been sick so we had to change those plans. My sister will be flying in from NE and will stay until Sunday..It should be a nice visit.

TOTD: Not really. I have in the past but my life is a little more safe now. :) I do eat fast food once in a while.

Gingersnap
05-25-2010, 09:26 AM
We survived our 65 mph winds yesterday and it should be get to the low 70s today. One poor guy had a tree crash into his house AND crush both the cars in his driveway. :(

TOTD: Not really. I wouldn't say that I'm a bubble-wrap type of person but I don't go out of my way to take physical risks. The riskiest thing I've done lately was wade too far out to do a bit of fly fishing. I failed to anticipate the Mostly Submerged But Very Speedy Chunk Of Wood that whacked me from behind. I got a little wet but that was the size of it. I did feel like a fool. :o

lacarnut
05-25-2010, 10:15 AM
A warm sunny day in Bayou land.

I pulled a boner this am. Was supposed to have some blood work done. Forgot I was supposed to fast so I had to cancel and will give it a shot Wed.

TOTD: I like to drive fast. With no traffic in sight I will pop it up to 150mph for short bursts.

RobJohnson
05-25-2010, 10:32 AM
We survived our 65 mph winds yesterday and it should be get to the low 70s today. One poor guy had a tree crash into his house AND crush both the cars in his driveway. :(

That sucks. Hopefully everyone is without injury.

SaintLouieWoman
05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
A warm sunny day in Bayou land.

I pulled a boner this am. Was supposed to have some blood work done. Forgot I was supposed to fast so I had to cancel and will give it a shot Wed.

TOTD: I like to drive fast. With no traffic in sight I will pop it up to 150mph for short bursts.

You didn't get the title "leadfoot" for nothing. :D Hope those 2 checks you got when you returned from the beach were big ones----in case the cops picked you up doing that 150 mph.

I have to drive more carefully now. The local cops in STL were kind to me, let me out of 2 tickets. I sure can't depend on that here.

Most dangerous thing I had done was walking by a water buffalo on Africa. It was standing near the building with the food in the lodge complex. We had been travelling for a long time with no food. No mere huge animal would stop me. They said to just not make eye contact with him. No problem. :D

lacarnut
05-25-2010, 12:31 PM
You didn't get the title "leadfoot" for nothing. :D Hope those 2 checks you got when you returned from the beach were big ones----in case the cops picked you up doing that 150 mph.

I have to drive more carefully now. The local cops in STL were kind to me, let me out of 2 tickets. I sure can't depend on that here.

Most dangerous thing I had done was walking by a water buffalo on Africa. It was standing near the building with the food in the lodge complex. We had been travelling for a long time with no food. No mere huge animal would stop me. They said to just not make eye contact with him. No problem. :D

No tickets in 2 years ...knock on wood. I donate to the LA State Police benevolent fund; the window sticker they send me has helped on several occasions.

I saw a lot of cops going to the beach; not so many coming back. I was following this car in the left lane doing about 90 and he slowed down to around 70 and pulled into the right lane. Trooper in the median who does not have his radar on. So about a 1/2 mile down the road I pass him and I will be damn if don't see flashing lights of the trooper car... caught the guy I passed. My laser, radar dector never went off. Lucked out on that one.

Megaguns91
05-25-2010, 01:50 PM
I operate gas grills on occasion. Being a blonde female I think that technically that's considered dangerous.