PDA

View Full Version : Patrick says Obama critics are 'almost at the level of sedition'

Gingersnap
05-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Patrick says Obama critics are 'almost at the level of sedition'

E-mail|Link|Comments (559) May 24, 2010 03:33 PM

By Michael Levenson, Globe Staff

Governor Deval Patrick, even as he decried partisanship in Washington, said today that Republican opposition to President Obama’s agenda has become so obstinate that it “is almost at the level of sedition.”

The Democratic governor, who is close to the president, made the comments at a forum at Suffolk Law School's Rappaport Center, where he was asked by an audience member about partisan battling in Congress.

Patrick said that even "on my worst day, when I’m most frustrated about folks who seem to rooting for failure," he doesn't face anything like the opposition faced by the president.

"It seems like child’s play compared to what is going on in Washington, where it is almost at the level of sedition, it feels to like me,” Patrick said.

Merriam-Webster.com, the dictionary site, defines sedition as "incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.''

After the forum, Patrick explained his remarks.

“I think that the number of people in the Grand Old Party who seem to be absolutely committed to saying ‘no,' whenever he says ‘yes,’ no matter what it is, even if it’s an idea that they came up with, is just extraordinary,” the governor told reporters after the forum.

But did the opposition really border on sedition?

“That was a rhetorical flourish,” Patrick said.

In a statement released a few hours after his comments were posted on Boston.com and other websites, the chairwoman of the state Republican Party criticized Patrick.

"Apparently our First Amendment rights are only guaranteed if we agree with the tax-and-spend policies of Deval Patrick and Barack Obama,'' Jennifer Nassour, chairwoman of the state GOP, said.

:rolleyes: Sedition? Really?

Boston (http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/05/patrick_says_ob.html)

swirling_vortex
05-25-2010, 11:37 AM
It's from Boston, so this doesn't surprise me. I wonder what this guy's DU account is.

FlaGator
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
There are quite a few things that someone could say are "rhetorical flourish" that can get him or her put in prison.

lacarnut
05-25-2010, 12:40 PM
That is not a flattering picture of monkey boy; he will be out on his ears next election. I guess he did not get the Scott Brown memo.

noonwitch
05-25-2010, 01:40 PM
There are people who have organized opposition to Obama's policies. They protest, follow the law, and are not just hating him because he's a democrat or a liberal. Using the term sedition to describe them is offensive.

Then there is the fringe element that any group attracts, like the ones that hold signs portraying the President as a sock monkey or the ones who make a big deal about their right to carry a gun into a venue in which the President is speaking. They are lunatics, and although I wouldn't use the word sedition to describe their behavior, racist probably applies to the first group and dangerous applies to the second.

And, yes, I remember the anti-Bush protestors who used monkey images to portray W. It's racist to do so with Obama, and anyone who needs an explaination why that is won't understand it when it is explained.

Articulate_Ape
05-25-2010, 05:36 PM
The beginning of that story should read "Soon-to-be former Governor Deval Patrick..."

Wei Wu Wei
05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Unemployment rates are dropping left and right:

http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&cf=all&ncl=df20nkc77OeqvbM4jx7bdw4GCJdyM

I've mentioned good economic news before and everyone jumped on it to put it out like it was a fire, as if an improving an economy was a bad thing (because Obama is president and Democrats are in congress)

Articulate_Ape
05-25-2010, 05:50 PM

http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&cf=all&ncl=df20nkc77OeqvbM4jx7bdw4GCJdyM

I've mentioned good economic news before and everyone jumped on it to put it out like it was a fire, as if an improving an economy was a bad thing (because Obama is president and Democrats are in congress)

The unemployment rate has risen to 9.9% nationally, WWW, so Bambam and his Politburo point to regional statistics to try to paint a rosier picture than what exists. It's like me saying, "Hey, I have a good job, what's the problem?"

Wei Wu Wei
05-25-2010, 06:13 PM
The unemployment rate has risen to 9.9% nationally, WWW, so Bambam and his Politburo point to regional statistics to try to paint a rosier picture than what exists. It's like me saying, "Hey, I have a good job, what's the problem?"

It's held steady around that mark for a long time. Every other sign of economic growth is showing, but jobs always trail everything else. The fact that the markets are up, purchasing is up, businesses are stocking up on inventories again, people are more confident in investing. The charred soiled ground left after the financial collapse is being fertilized again, and it's going to take a little while, thanks to some good soil being laid down right now, for the plants to grow.

CueSi
05-25-2010, 06:16 PM
The girls I know from around the area with haven't seen shit yet. . . they didn't get the usual bumper from the tax refunds, and they haven't seen any rise. When they start getting $$ again, THEN, I'll believe what the government wants me to believe.

Either way, Patrick wasn't saying that shit 4 years ago.

~QC

marinejcksn
05-25-2010, 06:20 PM

What Wee Willie Washout fails to comprehend is that falling numbers of unemployment claims do not necessarily suggest Economic "growth". A more likely cause for the falling jobless claims is that PEOPLE'S UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS ARE RUNNING OUT. If this grade school dropout had taken a semester of College Econ 101 he'd know this.

Fail.

PoliCon
05-25-2010, 06:24 PM

jackass - the unemployment rate is dropping because people have stopped looking or have run out of UC benefits.

Speedy
05-25-2010, 06:26 PM
People like Patrick do not take into account that not everyone is as impressed with Obama as he is.

marinejcksn
05-25-2010, 06:34 PM
jackass - the unemployment rate is dropping because people have stopped looking or have run out of UC benefits.

Beat you to the punch ^^. :p

Gingersnap
05-25-2010, 06:34 PM
The girls I know from around the area with haven't seen shit yet. . . they didn't get the usual bumper from the tax refunds, and they haven't seen any rise. When they start getting $$ again, THEN, I'll believe what the government wants me to believe.

Either way, Patrick wasn't saying that shit 4 years ago.

~QC

Well, there you have it. Who is more credible? A black Libertarian stripper or Wu Wu? I know who I'm putting my money on.

Wait - that didn't come out right. :p

PoliCon
05-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Beat you to the punch ^^. :p

yea well even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while! ;)

Articulate_Ape
05-25-2010, 06:49 PM
It's held steady around that mark for a long time. Every other sign of economic growth is showing,[quote]

Like what?

[quote]The fact that the markets are up,

Are your eyes painted on?

purchasing is up, businesses are stocking up on inventories again,

Says who? Joe Biden?

people are more confident in investing.

Are your eyes painted on?

The charred soiled ground left after the financial collapse is being fertilized again, and it's going to take a little while, thanks to some good soil being laid down right now, for the plants to grow.

You can't be on the same planet that I'm on. Either that, or you are even dumber and more of an ideologue than everyone says you are.

Wake the fuck up and smell the Kool-Aid you've been guzzling, WWW.

Lager
05-25-2010, 11:00 PM
The charred soiled ground left after the financial collapse is being fertilized again, and it's going to take a little while, thanks to some good soil being laid down right now, for the plants to grow.

Hey, are you Chance, the gardner?

Wei Wu Wei
05-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Hey, are you Chance, the gardner?

I think it should be obvious that I'm not.

CueSi
05-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Well, there you have it. Who is more credible? A black Libertarian stripper or Wu Wu? I know who I'm putting my money on.

Wait - that didn't come out right. :p

LAWL. :p

~QC

linda22003
05-26-2010, 06:40 AM

Is it in ones or fives?

lacarnut
05-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Is it in ones or fives?

Nickels and dimes for old hags.

Gingersnap
05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Is it in ones or fives?

She's pretty hawt (I've seen the pix) so I'd be willing to bump it up to a twenty. :p

NJCardFan
05-26-2010, 01:02 PM
I love that the left is throwing around the sedition word. Correct me if I'm wrong but what happened to debating and dissenting being patriotic? Is this rant a 1 way street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0

So I guess we can re-write her rant like this:

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're racist. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Lager
05-26-2010, 04:07 PM
I think it should be obvious that I'm not.

Well that was a great impersonation of Peter Sellers from "Being There" none the less. If you polish that up a little, you might make a great dem candidate for office someday.

Articulate_Ape
05-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey, WWW, what say you about these shenanigans?

Two more Census workers blow the whistle

By JOHN CRUDELE

Last Updated: 1:23 AM, May 25, 2010

Posted: 12:42 AM, May 25, 2010

You know the old saying: "Everyone loves a charade." Well, it seems that the Census Bureau may be playing games.

Last week, one of the millions of workers hired by Census 2010 to parade around the country counting Americans blew the whistle on some statistical tricks.

The worker, Naomi Cohn, told The Post that she was hired and fired a number of times by Census. Each time she was hired back, it seems, Census was able to report the creation of a new job to the Labor Department.

Below, I have a couple more readers who worked for Census 2010 and have tales to tell.

But first, this much we know.

Each month Census gives Labor a figure on the number of workers it has hired. That figure goes into the closely followed monthly employment report Labor provides. For the past two months the hiring by Census has made up a good portion of the new jobs.

Labor doesn't check the Census hiring figure or whether the jobs are actually new or recycled. It considers a new job to have been created if someone is hired to work at least one hour a month.

One hour! A month! So, if a worker is terminated after only one hour and another is hired in her place, then a second new job can apparently be reported to Labor . (I've been unable to get Census to explain this to me.)

Here's a note from a Census worker -- this one from Manhattan:

"John: I am on my fourth rehire with the 2010 Census.

"I have been hired, trained for a week, given a few hours of work, then laid off. So my unemployed self now counts for four new jobs.

"I have been paid more to train all four times than I have been paid to actually produce results. These are my tax dollars and your tax dollars at work.

"A few months ago I was trained for three days and offered five hours of work counting the homeless. Now, I am knocking (on) doors trying to find the people that have not returned their Census forms. I worked the 2000 Census. It was a far more organized venture.

"Have to run and meet my crew leader, even though with this rain I did not work today. So I can put in a pay sheet for the hour or hour and a half this meeting will take. Sincerely, C.M."

More here... (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/two_more_census_workers_blow_the_OqY80N3DBTvL17Vmx KKR0O)

Tell me again how the employment picture is improving, WWW. Imagine what happens when the Census is complete and its real and padded job figures drop off the screen. You should start washing your fruit off before you eat it, WWW, and stop suckling on Obama's propaganda teat.

fettpett
05-26-2010, 08:28 PM
this dipshit needs to go back and read some history, the Alien and Sedtion Act was ruled Unconstitutional. they can go fuck themsleves It's called the First Amendment

NJCardFan
05-26-2010, 08:56 PM
this dipshit needs to go back and read some history, the Alien and Sedtion Act was ruled Unconstitutional. they can go fuck themsleves It's called the First Amendment

Just look no further than the video I posted. But we all know that libs are all for the 1st amendment but it's only to protect liberal speech. It's funny how they all forget all the vitriol throws at Bush during his term.

CueSi
05-27-2010, 02:06 AM
She's pretty hawt (I've seen the pix) so I'd be willing to bump it up to a twenty. :p

You just may as well hand me the $25 for the lap dance. :p

~QC

fettpett
05-27-2010, 10:03 AM
You just may as well hand me the $25 for the lap dance. :p

~QC

25? you're a little expensive unless it's for more than a 3 min song :p ones near me are all 20/dance

WE WANT PICS!!!! :D