PDA

View Full Version : Market Wednesday!

Gingersnap
05-26-2010, 09:41 AM
We will continue in the 70s today without much scary weather. It looks as though the holiday weekend will fine for any grilling/BBQ action. :)

TOTD: The Whole Foods thread got me thinking. Where do you buy groceries? Do you take advantage of farmers' markets? Do you shop the weekly ads? Are you a seasonal type of eater or do you eat the same foods all year round? Do you care if your coffee is "fair trade"? Are organic products important to you? Do you buy in bulk?

FlaGator
05-26-2010, 09:52 AM
TOTD: Winn Dixie and Publix

noonwitch
05-26-2010, 11:32 AM
It's sunny and hot, here, expected high of 87 degrees. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, then be absolutely perfect for most of the weekend. I don't really care about the weather on Saturday or Sunday, I've only got outdoor plans for Friday and Monday.

I pretty much shop at Meijer. They started in my hometown and the Meijer family is good to Michigan. I go to the fancy, expensive grocery store if I need specific things for gourmet cooking, a good bottle of wine, or my hot sauce (Crystal). There's a place called Produce Palace that I shop at for big produce purchases, because their prices are slightly lower than Meijer's are. I never really got into shopping at Detroit's Eastern Market, it's just not very convenient for me.

Megaguns91
05-26-2010, 12:21 PM
I buy all bulk/canned items at Costco. The rest, produce, fresh meat, etc, I buy at a local store that's called Sunny Farms. They only take produce from WA, all meats are local, and it's dirt cheap.

RobJohnson
05-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Temps are headed into the low 90's today. I'm doing some household chores (not sex) and hope to be done soon for the day so I can enjoy the swimming pool.

TOTD:

I use Albertsons or Smith's and once in a great while Wal Mart if I am already there for something else.

Once a week I get a delivery from Winder Farms. Very fresh milk, juice & food.

linda22003
05-26-2010, 05:14 PM
I love Wegman's. :)

PoliCon
05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
TOTD: Giant Eagle, Aldi, WalMart, McGuinnis Sisters, Big Lots, Jimmy & Nino's, Wholey's . . . . we shop around and get the best deals possible - but there are somethings we only buy at certian stores. FOR EXAMPLE - Jimmy & Nino's has AWESOME Italian breads and good luncheon meats dirt cheap. Right now Woleys has live main lobster for $5.98/lb - McGuinnis sisters has blue marlon lion steaks for $8.68/lb. We're stocking up for a memorial day cook out with friends. :)

noonwitch
05-27-2010, 09:20 AM
TOTD: Giant Eagle, Aldi, WalMart, McGuinnis Sisters, Big Lots, Jimmy & Nino's, Wholey's . . . . we shop around and get the best deals possible - but there are somethings we only buy at certian stores. FOR EXAMPLE - Jimmy & Nino's has AWESOME Italian breads and good luncheon meats dirt cheap. Right now Woleys has live main lobster for $5.98/lb - McGuinnis sisters has blue marlon lion steaks for $8.68/lb. We're stocking up for a memorial day cook out with friends. :)

Damn, that sounds like a great cook-out!

PoliCon
05-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Damn, that sounds like a great cook-out!

YUP! :cool: