PDA

View Full Version : Dawg fence approved!!!!

SarasotaRepub
05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
:eek: It only took a couple of days and our new HOA has approved our dog fence AND they even approved us using a metal one!!! I didn't even have to Force Choke anyone. ;)

The development is full of wood fences so the metal approval is something of a ground breaking decision on their part! :D

Rockntractor
05-26-2010, 07:49 PM
:eek: It only took a couple of days and our new HOA has approved our dog fence AND they even approved us using a metal one!!! I didn't even have to Force Choke anyone. ;)

The development is full of wood fences so the metal approval is something of a ground breaking decision on their part! :D
Now i'll bet your going to hire it done.:rolleyes:

NJCardFan
05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
As God as my witness, I will never, ever move anywhere where there is a HOA.

SarasotaRepub
05-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Now i'll bet your going to hire it done.:rolleyes:

No Rock, I was going to smelt the metal myself and have SLW forge it into fence parts. :mad::D:D

SarasotaRepub
05-26-2010, 08:25 PM
As God as my witness, I will never, ever move anywhere where there is a HOA.

I hear ya, this one seems fairly typical. We both went to a big HOA meeting on Monday night and it wasn't too bad. There was the usual collection of trouble makers who questoned every last fucking thing and generally slowed things to a crawl. They are only hurting themselves as the lawyer going over the new docs doesn't work for free.

The simple fact is most residents don't show to these meetings and then bitch like crazy when the board does something they don't like.

They are getting ready to raise fines and they are looking for people to be on
the "Fine Committee" :cool: This sounds extremely eeeeeevil and I think I will offer
my services at the next meeting...:D

Articulate_Ape
05-26-2010, 08:50 PM
I would never live anywhere that has a HOA. Ever.

Rockntractor
05-26-2010, 08:56 PM
No Rock, I was going to smelt the metal myself and have SLW forge it into fence parts. :mad::D:D
Well smelting isn't as hard as it looks, hmff city people!:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
05-26-2010, 08:57 PM
I would never live anywhere that has a HOA. Ever.

Me, either. I don't think I have HOA-compatible lifestyle.

RobJohnson
05-26-2010, 09:21 PM
I have been part of HOAs for years. Some are good, some are not.

Most are not really a big deal.

Rockntractor
05-26-2010, 09:29 PM

Well not with the new runway and everything, are you smelting it yourself?:D

Gingersnap
05-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Well not with the new runway and everything, are you smelting it yourself?:D

Heck, no. Those illegal alien smelters won't be around forever, you know.

PoliCon
05-26-2010, 10:41 PM
They are getting ready to raise fines and they are looking for people to be on
the "Fine Committee" :cool: This sounds extremely eeeeeevil and I think I will offer
my services at the next meeting...:D I like the way you think! :D

PoliCon
05-26-2010, 10:43 PM

yer not putting up one of those NASTY as hell cyclone fences are you? :confused:

Kay
05-26-2010, 11:08 PM

Hahah.....I had a good laugh over that one. :D

Fence trends are an interesting thing. Where I grew up everyone had concrete cinder
block fences. Then I moved to an area where the normal was chainlink fence. That was
so odd going from the solid to see through. Now where I am mostly people have wood
privacy fencing.

Rockntractor
05-26-2010, 11:11 PM
yer not putting up one of those NASTY as hell cyclone fences are you? :confused:
You are such a dork!:rolleyes:

PoliCon
05-26-2010, 11:14 PM
You are such a dork!:rolleyes:

sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me. :p

Rockntractor
05-26-2010, 11:16 PM
sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me. :p

DORK DORK DORK!!!

lacarnut
05-27-2010, 12:36 AM
I put up an 8' foot fence so that I would not have to view the white trash lawyer's house and yard next door. The lazy bitch he was renting it to moved out, and now got a new crop of renters who moved in a few days ago.They have started cleaning up the house and the yard so it looks like we are going to get along ok.

SaintLouieWoman
05-27-2010, 11:00 AM

I hate them---but looked at some houses in area with no HOA. They were really bad looking, definitely not a good investment.

Because I've always had a rebellious streak, it's bothering me to have to submit to the architectural review committee if we want to repaint the house. Of course, with some of these crazy Florida colors, maybe those HOA nazis are a good thing.

They spent over $50k in legal fees to fight a woman who painted her entire house apparently a horrible shade of blue. I think that was overkill.

I guess all my years as a sales rep paid off that it was approved so quickly. I tried explaining a metal fence to the head of the architectural review committee. She probably thought it was chain link, but explained it further. Then explained it to the pres of the HOA when he brought a copy of the rules and regs. He gave it the official OK at the meeting, so guess the architectural committee didn't want to override him. :D

I was glad SR didn't have to do his force choke on anyone, not a good way to introduce ourselves to the neighborhood.

And one of the neighbors actually brought a little loaf cake over yesterday as a welcome. It beat that lousy bag of poop bags the neighbor on the other side brought. :rolleyes: Starting to feel better about the neighborhood.

The neighbor with the cake offering is very nice. She's originally from Germany. I don't think she's friendly with many of the people, but we hit it off well.

SaintLouieWoman
05-27-2010, 11:04 AM

No, it looks like those metal (wrought iron) fences they put around estates. But ours isn't an estate. :D

We got a real deal from the fence company. The competition told me the metal stake fences are 30% higher than the PVC variety and the wood was the least expensive. This place is charging only $50 more for the whole job for the metal. I wanted something that looked good, but was strong. We can only go to 48 inches as that's the acceptable height for the HOA. I hope Darlene isn't a jumper.

Wood fencing doesn't hold up down here and the fence would be by the sprinkler system. so it would disintegrate quickly.

PoliCon
05-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I tried explaining a metal fence to the head of the architectural review committee. She probably thought it was chain link, but explained it further. Then explained it to the pres of the HOA when he brought a copy of the rules and regs. He gave it the official OK at the meeting, so guess the architectural committee didn't want to override him. :D Ok - it's not chainlink - then what kind is it?

SaintLouieWoman
05-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Hahah.....I had a good laugh over that one. :D

Fence trends are an interesting thing. Where I grew up everyone had concrete cinder
block fences. Then I moved to an area where the normal was chainlink fence. That was
so odd going from the solid to see through. Now where I am mostly people have wood
privacy fencing.

We had the wood privacy fence in STL in the backyard. I really liked it, but the views of the other nicely landscaped backyards are so nice wouldn't want to break it up too much and feel too inclosed. Sadly most of our land is in the front and side, so a completely enclosed backyard would be clausterphobic.

lacarnut
05-27-2010, 11:35 AM
No, it looks like those metal (wrought iron) fences they put around estates. But ours isn't an estate. :D

We got a real deal from the fence company. The competition told me the metal stake fences are 30% higher than the PVC variety and the wood was the least expensive. This place is charging only $50 more for the whole job for the metal. I wanted something that looked good, but was strong. We can only go to 48 inches as that's the acceptable height for the HOA. I hope Darlene isn't a jumper.

Wood fencing doesn't hold up down here and the fence would be by the sprinkler system. so it would disintegrate quickly.

I like the wrought iron fences; they are elegant.

Pay no attention to Poli; his 2 story house looks like row housing.

SarasotaRepub
05-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Ok - it's not chainlink - then what kind is it?

It's this:

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad35/sarasota_fence/Aluminum/DSC00900.jpg

Happy now??? :mad:;)

PoliCon
05-27-2010, 09:44 PM
It's this:

Happy now??? :mad:;) Yes. :) Very nice.

Rockntractor
05-27-2010, 09:46 PM
It's this:

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad35/sarasota_fence/Aluminum/DSC00900.jpg

Happy now??? :mad:;)

That's not real. it's a forgery.:rolleyes:

PoliCon
05-27-2010, 09:54 PM
I like the wrought iron fences; they are elegant.

Pay no attention to Poli; his 2 story house looks like row housing.

huh? :confused:

Rockntractor
05-27-2010, 09:58 PM
huh? :confused:
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/barbieplayhouse2.gif?t=1275011907

PoliCon
05-27-2010, 10:45 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/barbieplayhouse2.gif?t=1275011907

Our house is over 2800 sq ft craftsman style with three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, finished attic, partially finished basement, and a decent sized yard - we even have a chapel.. :p

Rockntractor
05-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Our house is over 2800 sq ft craftsman style with three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, finished attic, partially finished basement, and a decent sized yard - we even have a chapel.. :p

You must mean mommies house.:rolleyes:

PoliCon
05-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Not hardly. Mommy live in Masontown PA. Daddy lives outside of Tampa FL. Wifes parents live in Baldwin PA. We live in the ghetto.

SarasotaRepub
05-28-2010, 07:49 PM
The fence dude was here tonight doing some last minute measuring. Looks like the dawgs get their fence end of next week. :)

Jumpy
05-28-2010, 07:56 PM
I would never live anywhere that has a HOA. Ever. No kidding!! No way will I EVER be without a permanent clothesline, or a fire pit.

SarasotaRepub
05-28-2010, 10:13 PM
No kidding!! No way will I EVER be without a permanent clothesline, or a fire pit.

Our HOA allows both. :eek::D

Rockntractor
05-28-2010, 10:18 PM

I wish I lived close to you, I could make some money!:cool:

lacarnut
05-28-2010, 10:32 PM
The fence dude was here tonight doing some last minute measuring. Looks like the dawgs get their fence end of next week. :)

Then you will not have to be "Walking the Dog" :)

SaintLouieWoman
05-28-2010, 11:03 PM

I thought they said no clotheslines! Maybe they're using the environmental loophole---so green to hang out the wash vs using the dryer

SarasotaRepub
06-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Update!

We got the fence installed this past Wednesday. The puppers were VERY happy.
The HOA even mentioned it in the monthly newsletter. :D I'm not kidding.

Rockntractor
06-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Update!

Do you have the bags filled up and ready to send back to the nice lady?

PoliCon
06-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Update!

Was it a willing and favorable review of the fence or did you have to force choke them into saying nice things? :p

SarasotaRepub
06-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Was it a willing and favorable review of the fence or did you have to force choke them into saying nice things? :p

A fair question! Here's the exact quote....Under ARCHITECTUAL....

"We have a new roof on the same street as well as a request for a fence that will be the first of its kind in the neighborhood." :eek: Hey, Sith Lords don't fool around.

Actually, from what SLW told me, the neighbors were swarming around looking at the new fence but the damn thing was designed to be kinda un-noticed....:D

PoliCon
06-11-2010, 11:34 PM
A fair question! Here's the exact quote....Under ARCHITECTUAL....

"We have a new roof on the same street as well as a request for a fence that will be the first of its kind in the neighborhood." :eek: Hey, Sith Lords don't fool around.

Actually, from what SLW told me, the neighbors were swarming around looking at the new fence but the damn thing was designed to be kinda un-noticed....:D

You force choked somebody for . . . that?? :rolleyes:

:p

SaintLouieWoman
06-11-2010, 11:44 PM
You force choked somebody for . . . that?? :rolleyes:

:p

He didn't have to force choke anyone. I schmoozed them, actually sold the concept to the pres of the HOA. I told him that it was more expensive than their approved choices. (Actually I got a good deal from the fence company----it was only $50 more than the plastic fence). It's usually 30% higher.

Now there are comments like "you can hardly see it". :rolleyes: That was the idea, didn't want a fence sticking out like a sore thumb.

The pooches are very very happy. The only problem is the area fenced isn't as large as in St Louis, although our lot is almost twice as big. Most of our land is in the front and sides. We didn't think the neighbors would want us running a fence near their house, right by their bedrooms.

SarasotaRepub
06-11-2010, 11:46 PM
I didn't have to do a thing! Really....:D