PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Winner Is...

NJCardFan
05-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Lee DeWyze. I mean wow. Certainly not the most talented of the bunch. Crystal Bowersox is a natural. Extremely talented. But she didn't get the votes. She will go on to be more successful than the last 2 Idol winners easy.

Rockntractor
05-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Lee DeWyze. I mean wow. Certainly not the most talented of the bunch. Crystal Bowersox is a natural. Extremely talented. But she didn't get the votes. She will go on to be more successful than the last 2 Idol winners easy.
Crystal Bowersox was excellent, she will go places without the win. They had some excellent girls this year, not so much the guys.

Rockntractor
05-26-2010, 10:43 PM
They should have two winners each year, a girl and a guy.

NJCardFan
05-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Crystal Bowersox was excellent, she will go places without the win. They had some excellent girls this year, not so much the guys.

Which is strange considering how the girls dropped off this season. 3 girls were voted off before a guy got dropped. This season sucked in total. Worst since season 3.

One thing about tonight though. All of the Idol winners were there except David Cook. Wonder what was up with that?

Rockntractor
05-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Which is strange considering how the girls dropped off this season. 3 girls were voted off before a guy got dropped. This season sucked in total. Worst since season 3.

One thing about tonight though. All of the Idol winners were there except David Cook. Wonder what was up with that?

That was unusual but he was on recently. The music tonight all around was good, I enjoy hearing from the old timers. I don't understand why people on this forum don't like idol?

NJCardFan
05-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Well, now that Simon is gone, so does my interest to a degree.

Rockntractor
05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
It will come around next year and you'll be bored because there is nothing else to watch!

RobJohnson
05-27-2010, 12:11 AM
It's still on here (Pacific Time) but for the most part this season has sucked. Watched very little of it this year. The "country" week was good....

fettpett
05-27-2010, 08:56 AM
eh...the talent is ok most of the time...but when you get someone doing bad rendtions of songs, it turns you off to the show....(I'm not talking about the talent search part, but the actual compitition)

They are too focused on the "mainstream" music and very rarely branch out into anything other than Pop. Some Country (even though at lest 4-5 conestants including 2 winners have gone on to do mostly Country) a little rock. but they stick with Pop music about 75-85% and /blah i'd rather not watch it.

NJCardFan
05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I was kind of surprised to see Kelly Clarkson show up. She's been not too friendly with the show in recent years even going so far as to not allow them to do her songs but she ended up relenting. Paula Abdul showing up was a total shock but not surprising as this was Simon's final show. It was good to see some of the past contestants and all but 1 of the past winners. Some contestants have gone on to have decent careers. Daughtry, Bucky Covington, Kelly Pickler, Jennifer Hudson, Kim Locke are all having good careers.

noonwitch
05-27-2010, 10:28 AM
They should have two winners each year, a girl and a guy.

Adam Lambert could have beat all those other girls, and actually won first place if that was the case!

I'm not an Idol fan, and I'm joking about Adam's transgender appearance, but I actually bought his cd. He might be a freak, but he is gifted with an incredible voice. He can sing like Freddie Mercury.

FlaGator
05-27-2010, 10:31 AM

I lost what little interest I had when they replaced Paula Abdul with Ellen Degeneres.

Gingersnap
05-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Happy to say I haven't seen more than 10 cumulative minutes of the show. :)

Space Gravy
05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
That was unusual but he was on recently. The music tonight all around was good, I enjoy hearing from the old timers. I don't understand why people on this forum don't like idol?

I don't watch it because I don't like pop music.

I much prefer the ugly fuckers like Rush & the Allman Brothers that write their music and are more about substance than relying on a team of songwriters and personal stylists.