PDA

View Full Version : Organizational Friday

linda22003
05-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Cool and grey in the DC area, after a summertime scorcher yesterday.

TOTD: Long weekends seem to invite household projects. I am getting rid of books this weekend, books that have hung around here for too long for no reason. Ten year old business books that haven't been opened in, oh.... ten years or so. What projects do you have on deck this weekend, if any?

SaintLouieWoman
05-28-2010, 08:52 AM
TOTD We have way too many projects this weekend, mainly including unpacking. I doubt if I'll ever get to that last box.

Waste Management is doing their one time box pickup tomorrow. I have til tonight (or tomorrow at 6am) to get out as many boxes as I can to the curb. Any not there for the spescial pickup must be cut into 2'x3' strips and bundled. It's easier to not have to break them down and pitch by the curb. The key is it's a ONE TIME special pickup.

I was discarding so much before the move, dispersing anything decent that we didn't need to various charities. Towards the end of the packing, when I was totally overwhelmed, SR came back to St Louis to complete the move. I think when my brother in law and SR got to the end, lots of unedited stuff was packed. Now I'm assembling bags of stuff to give away or dump.

It's a good thing that I negotiated a one price contract rather than a by the pound charge. It would be even more painful to be dumping stuff now.

Gingersnap
05-28-2010, 07:52 PM
It's sunny and warm here today.

TOTD: The Lion Fountain/Front Bed Craziness. I did a lot of fussy stuff for the back today but tomorrow is that project. Not that I expect completion this weekend. Oh, no.

I also have to organize a bunch of stuff to leave out for a charity pick-up on Tuesday.

djones520
05-28-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm working all Memorial Day Weekend (go figure). I did do some lawn work on my weekend though. I've gotten a few of the bigger dirt patches in my yard growing grass now. Working on 3 other good sized patches at the moment. I still have a big path along my entire fenceline that's got no grass, and will probably have to wait till next spring since my impending deployment is quickly approaching.

Rockntractor
05-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Cool and grey in the DC area, after a summertime scorcher yesterday.

TOTD: Long weekends seem to invite household projects. I am getting rid of books this weekend, books that have hung around here for too long for no reason. Ten year old business books that haven't been opened in, oh.... ten years or so. What projects do you have on deck this weekend, if any?

That woman has been packing my library up for about a month now, when she gets done I'll put all the boxes of books in the storage trailer. I'm going to work on through this week end so I can finish disassembling the wall in Leonard. I made the mistake of giving my laborer a draw on his check Tuesday so he has been drunk the last three days and didn't come to work. he called me today and asked if he could work Monday but I told him to go to hell!:mad:

Gingersnap
05-28-2010, 08:55 PM
That woman has been packing my library up for about a month now, when she gets done I'll put all the boxes of books in the storage trailer. I'm going to work on through this week end so I can finish disassembling the wall in Leonard. I made the mistake of giving my laborer a draw on his check Tuesday so he has been drunk the last three days and didn't come to work. he called me today and asked if he could work Monday but I told him to go to hell!:mad:

Why is she packing up your library? Don't you need it? :confused:

Rockntractor
05-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Why is she packing up your library? Don't you need it? :confused:

There is so much reference material available online I decided to let her have the room until we can afford to add on.

Gingersnap
05-28-2010, 09:02 PM
There is so much reference material available online I decided to let her have the room until we can afford to add on.

What a peach. :)