PDA

View Full Version : FBI Data Again Shows More Guns = Less Crime

PoliCon
05-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Friday, May 28, 2010

Anyone needing proof that fanaticism for gun control hasn't waned on Capitol Hill, that anti-gunners are—as Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) put it last year—only waiting to "pick the time," should watch the video of Mexican president Felipe Calderon's speech to Congress last week, versions of which have been posted on youtube.com. When Calderon asked that the federal "assault weapon" ban be re-imposed, a very large number of U.S. Representatives and Senators present gave him a standing ovation.

However, on Monday the FBI released crime statistics that should cause the applauding anti-gunners to sit on their hands. The statistics indicate that between 2008 and 2009, as gun sales soared, the number of murders in our country decreased 7.2 percent. That amounts to about an 8.2 percent decrease in the per capita murder rate, after the increase in our nation's legal and illegal population is taken into account. And it translates into about a 10.5 percent decrease in the murder rate between 2004, when the ban expired, and the end of 2009. And finally, it means that in 2009 our nation's murder rate fell to a 45-year low.

The FBI's report was also bad news for anti-gunners elected to other offices. With the Supreme Court's decision in McDonald v. City of Chicago no more than a few weeks away, Mayors Bloomberg, of New York City, and Daley, of Chicago—who fear that it will require them to respect the Second Amendment for the first time—have continued to beat their drums for gun control. As we have noted, Bloomberg recently encouraged a Senate committee to support the Lautenberg-King terrorist watchlist bills. And last week Daley told a Chicago Reader reporter, who expressed skepticism about the effectiveness of Chicago's handgun ban, "It's been very effective." Holding a bayonet-equipped rifle, Daley added, "If I put this up your butt, you find out how effective it is."

But, murders in big cities declined over 11 percent between 2008 and 2009, translating to over a 12 percent decrease in the big city murder per capita rate. We hope, but don't expect, that the indisputable fact that an increase in gun ownership does not necessarily correspond to an increase in crime, will reduce the frequency of Bloomberg's stunts aimed at gun shows, and Daley's periodic rants against the firearm industry.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5857

Wei Wu Wei
05-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Llol that's because all the paranoiacs bought guns and are storing ammo for the upcoming revolution.

Crime is also down in Arizona you know.

Chuck58
05-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Yep, crime is down in Arizona. Arizona recently joined Vermont and Alaska allowing you to carry concealed without a permit. Many were anyway, but more are now. That tends to make the bad guy think before he tries anything.

If you want crime control, get rid of gun control.

Speaking of guns, just took my H&K P7 and my SIG 226 out and punched holes in some targets. That was fun. What wasn't, was trying to find 9mm ammo. The shelves are still almost bare around here. I found one box. I had to dip into my ammo stash for another box.

Wei Wu Wei
05-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Another crazy statistic

When Ice Cream Sales increase, so does violent crime rates!

whoaaaa

Apache
05-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Another crazy statistic

whoaaaa

Wow! You've got idiotic down pat! :rolleyes:

What's your next feat, screen doors for submarines?

Wei Wu Wei
05-29-2010, 03:03 PM

That is a true correlation you know...

Apache
05-29-2010, 03:15 PM
That is a true correlation you know...

Fact: one doesn't go hand in hand with the other....NEXT!

lacarnut
05-29-2010, 03:22 PM

We We is a legend in his own mind.:eek:

Wei Wu Wei
05-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Fact: one doesn't go hand in hand with the other....NEXT!

You're suggesting that correlation doesn't imply causation??

Apache
05-29-2010, 03:47 PM
You're suggesting that correlation doesn't imply causation??

I'm stating that you are an idiot. Now if you can show that an ice cream cone caused a murder, a klondike bar committed rape or a popcicle acted in an armed robbery, go ahead.... otherwise , STOP!
I really don't need the stupid games...

Sonnabend
05-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Llol that's because all the paranoiacs bought guns and are storing ammo for the upcoming revolution.

Crime is also down in Arizona you know.

Wei: prove to me, in any way, shape, or form, that massive gun laws can do anything to stop criminals getting their hands on all the guns they want.

Remember who I am and where I live.

Now let's see your proof.

Apache
05-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Wei: prove to me, in any way, shape, or form, that massive gun laws can do anything to stop criminals getting their hands on all the guns they want.

Remember who I am and where I live.

Now let's see your proof.

Back of the line roo buddy, I'm still waiting for the frozen confection confession.....:p

m00
05-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Another crazy statistic

whoaaaa

That's an easy to believe correlation, probably because more crimes are committed when it's hot.

Just like less crimes are committed when victims are armed.

Apache
05-29-2010, 07:28 PM
That's an easy to believe correlation, probably because more crimes are committed when it's hot.

Just like less crimes are committed when victims are armed.

illegal use of reason, 5 yards, replay 3rd down.....;)

Sonnabend
05-29-2010, 08:09 PM
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/gold-coast-party-ends-in-shooting-death-of-man-from-gympie/story-e6frfku0-1225873047360

Gold Coast party ends in shooting death of man from Gympie A MAN has allegedly been shot dead in front of his wife and chiild at a party on the Gold Coast.
Police are currently at the scene of the shooting at Upper Coomera. It is believed the Gympie man was shot in front of his family about 4.45am after an argument with another man at the party. Police are questioning a man over the shooting.

..and I can gaurantee you he isnt a legal gun owner either.

Gun control stops crime

suuuuure it does.....:rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
05-29-2010, 08:26 PM
1st, I shoud say that I do support 2nd amendment rights.

2nd, gun control alone doesn't stop crime, I agree.

There's a bit more to the picture than those 2 things.

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Open carry Aussie style.:D
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/schallplatte_boomerang.jpg?t=1275179189

Sonnabend
05-29-2010, 08:30 PM
1st, I shoud say that I do support 2nd amendment rights.Liar...you're a gun control advocate.

2nd, gun control alone doesn't stop crime, I agree.Yet you sneer at gun owners.

There's a bit more to the picture than those 2 things.No there isnt,.And dont try and lecture me, pally, I live under some of the most draconian gun laws anywhere..the same laws that make it a crime for me to defend myself with a firearm...not that I could use it since it would be

1. Locked securely in a wall safe that cant be removed, a key and combination lock
2. Disarmed as the bolt is in yet ANOTHER locked container
3. Tied off with a trigger lock
and
4. Unloaded as the ammo is in yet ANOTHER locked container

Wei Wu Wei
05-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Liar...you're a gun control advocate.

No not really. I advocate sensible gun restrictions but I think every non-criminal has the right to own a gun for hunting, for sport, for fun, and for self-defense.

Yet you sneer at gun owners.

Um..I'm born and raised in Texas. Everyone I know owns guns. I don't, but I don't sneer at them.

No there isnt,.And dont try and lecture me, pally, I live under some of the most draconian gun laws anywhere..the same laws that make it a crime for me to defend myself with a firearm...not that I could use it since it would be

1. Locked securely in a wall safe that cant be removed, a key and combination lock
2. Disarmed as the bolt is in yet ANOTHER locked container
3. Tied off with a trigger lock
and
4. Unloaded as the ammo is in yet ANOTHER locked container

Not my fault buddy, don't get mad.

Wei Wu Wei
05-29-2010, 08:39 PM
My governor, carrying a .380 Ruger loaded with hollow-point bullets with a laser sight shot and killed a coyote who tried to fuck with him while he was jogging with his puppy.

He was then awarded a "true texan - coyote special" gun for his feat

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/05/26/alg_texas_guns.jpg

Sonnabend
05-29-2010, 08:49 PM
No not really. I advocate sensible gun restrictions but I think every non-criminal has the right to own a gun for hunting, for sport, for fun, and for self-defense.

Define "sensible gun restrictions"

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 08:54 PM

only allowing people to have guns!

Wei Wu Wei
05-29-2010, 08:57 PM

background checks, waiting periods, no military-grade weapons (like automatic assault rifles), no explosives, very strict laws and punishments against unregistered weapons or weapons carried by people other than the registered owner, ect.

of course I can't give a full thorough definition that covers all cases but I'm fairly pro 2nd amendment

HOWEVER, i don't accept this silly idea that if everyone is armed then violent crime or accidental shootings will decrease. when it only takes a twitch of the finger to kill a man a hundred feet away in a moment of extreme fear and panic and surprise...well....that's a dangerous mix. that's why I personally don't own a gun.

Sonnabend
05-29-2010, 09:05 PM
background checksNot a restriction

waiting periods,..so the woman being terrorised needs to wait thirty days for her gun ...and is murdered in the meantime:rolleyes:

Crims dont have waiting periods..............

no military-grade weapons (like automatic assault rifles),This will be fun....care to justify this? Can you even DEFINE what an "assault weapon" or "military grade" is?

No explosives, very strict laws and punishments against unregistered weapons ...compulsory registration as well?

or weapons carried by people other than the registered owner, ect.So it would be illegal for my friend to use my gun on a hunting trip.......:rolleyes:

of course I can't give a full thorough definition that covers all cases but I'm fairly pro 2nd amendment

HOWEVER, i don't accept this silly idea that if everyone is armed then violent crime or accidental shootings will decrease. when it only takes a twitch of the finger to kill a man a hundred feet away in a moment of extreme fear and panic and surprise...well....that's a dangerous mix. that's why I personally don't own a gun.Proof that you in fact have no idea what you are on about.

I AM a licensed shooter, and wanna know something? I shoot better than ore than 90 PERCENT of cops who use their weapons ONCE A YEAR...so if I should be afraid of anyone with a gun, its the cop who is more likely to shoot me, or himself, rather than the perp.

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 09:12 PM
I AM a licensed shooter, and wanna know something? I shoot better than ore than 90 PERCENT of cops who use their weapons ONCE A YEAR...so if I should be afraid of anyone with a gun, its the cop who is more likely to shoot me, or himself, rather than the perp.

You need to come visit, I have a great shooting range!:D

djones520
05-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Military Grade Weapons Wei?

http://www.snipercentral.com/m1903a4.htm

I killed an 8 point buck with one of those.

http://www.thegunsource.com/DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=272265

That is sitting in my closet.

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Military Grade Weapons Wei?

http://www.snipercentral.com/m1903a4.htm

I killed an 8 point buck with one of those.

http://www.thegunsource.com/DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=272265

That is sitting in my closet.
You're welcome too. Let me know if you're in the Tulsa area and want to make some noise.

djones520
05-29-2010, 09:19 PM
We'll see Rock. Don't think my wife would appreciate it much if I got us stationed out there.

Big Guy
05-29-2010, 09:30 PM
background checks, waiting periods, no military-grade weapons (like automatic assault rifles), no explosives, very strict laws and punishments against unregistered weapons or weapons carried by people other than the registered owner, ect.

HOWEVER, i don't accept this silly idea that if everyone is armed then violent crime or accidental shootings will decrease. when it only takes a twitch of the finger to kill a man a hundred feet away in a moment of extreme fear and panic and surprise...well....that's a dangerous mix. that's why I personally don't own a gun.

Do you know what an "Automatic" weapon is?
Do you know what a "Military Grade" weapon is?
Did you know that more people are killed by unregistered vehicles than registered and unregistered firearms combined?

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 09:32 PM
We'll see Rock. Don't think my wife would appreciate it much if I got us stationed out there.

If you ever got stuck here it would be OK City, the climate in Oklahoma leaves a lot to be desired!

m00
05-29-2010, 09:33 PM

I'm not convinced you know what "pro 2nd amendment" means.

You've never tried to hit a human-heart-sized area of a target at 100 feet away with a handgun, have you? It's hard enough when you're focused and calm. Do you honestly believe the statement I bolded?

Sonnabend
05-29-2010, 09:34 PM
If you ever got stuck here it would be OK City, the climate in Oklahoma leaves a lot to be desired!

I'll put it on the list. :D

Sonnabend
05-29-2010, 09:36 PM
when it only takes a twitch of the finger to kill a man a hundred feet away in a moment of extreme fear and panic and surprise

Hitting a target with a .22 rifle using iron sights at 50m is hard...hitting a target at 100 m with a handgun in one snapshot?

A hell of a lot harder.

djones520
05-29-2010, 09:39 PM
I enjoy the weather. Spring time is great. My wife would hate it though. We're planning on spending a lot of time over the next couple tours in Europe and Asia though.

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Hitting a target with a .22 rifle using iron sights at 50m is hard...hitting a target at 100 m with a handgun in one snapshot?

A hell of a lot harder.

I like holographic sights, I shoot 50 and even 100 yards quite frequently with my handguns but they are set up to do it.

Big Guy
05-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Do you know what an "Automatic" weapon is?
Do you know what a "Military Grade" weapon is?
Did you know that more people are killed by unregistered vehicles than registered and unregistered firearms combined?

Wee Wee must be doing some internet research so He/She/It can come up with something "informed and Intelligent" to reply with.

Or He /She/It is trying to figure out how to twist things around to make it fit His?Her/It's ideology.

PoliCon
05-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm fairly pro 2nd amendment FAIRLY??? What kind of bullshit cop-out relativism is that? Either you are for liberty or you're against it.

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Wee Wee must be doing some internet research so He/She/It can come up with something "informed and Intelligent" to reply with.

Or He /She/It is trying to figure out how to twist things around to make it fit His?Her/It's ideology.
He has to report back to the hive/Acorn for an approved answer.

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Aussie shootout.:D
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/3401118.jpg?t=1275188959

Big Guy
05-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Aussie shootout
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/3401118.jpg?t=1275188959

FUNNY :D:D:D

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 11:15 PM
FUNNY :D:D:D
I'm trying to rile Sonna but he is ignoring me.:D

Big Guy
05-29-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm trying to rile Sonna but he is ignoring me.:D

He must be meditating, it's usually pretty easy for you. :D

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 11:20 PM
He must be meditating, it's usually pretty easy for you. :D

Yeah sitting cross legged eating toe fu saying bloody ohm!:D

Sonnabend
05-29-2010, 11:20 PM
http://a5.vox.com/6a00d4145053f03c7f00e398f016b50004-500pi

Diced pigs balls anyone? :D:D

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 11:21 PM

:eek:

Big Guy
05-29-2010, 11:22 PM

Good one. :D

Sonnabend
05-29-2010, 11:26 PM
http://ridgewaybodies.com/benchrest/SavageMKII.JPG

This is what's coming home with me soon :D

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 11:30 PM
http://ridgewaybodies.com/benchrest/SavageMKII.JPG

This is what's coming home with me soon :D
Nice! I have one similar in a 35 whelen. I'll see if i can find the pic.

Rockntractor
05-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Here she is.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/IMG_1486copy.jpg?t=1275190272

Sonnabend
05-30-2010, 06:32 AM
:D:D