PDA

View Full Version : It's a wonderful day in Sunny Florida!

SarasotaRepub
05-29-2010, 05:18 PM
:D

SLW and I were just in our saltwater pool, the temp in the shade is in the 80's, the pool was 90...aaahhhhhhhhh!

But we still have a lot of unpacking... :mad::D

djones520
05-29-2010, 05:23 PM
saltwater pool? Thats a new concept.

Apache
05-29-2010, 05:32 PM

SLW and I were just in our saltwater pool, the temp in the shade is in the 80's, the pool was 90...aaahhhhhhhhh!

I finished 5 acres at 42" a swathe, and you two were in the pool?

GET TO WORK! :mad:

Defiant1
05-29-2010, 05:39 PM
I was getting my boat ready to go in the water.

We'll hit the pool at sunset.

SarasotaRepub
05-29-2010, 05:48 PM
saltwater pool? Thats a new concept.

Not really, and it isn't what you think. The salt is converted into chlorine so it isn't as intensive a maint. issue as a regular pool. The water doesn't taste "salty", it's just a chemical thing. The water (and I hate to admit this) feels softer. :rolleyes::D Sooo smooth...LOL!!!

I would have liked to have gone to Siesta Key beach (Ranked #2!!!! by Dr. Beach!!:D) today but since it's a friggen holiday we would have needed to be there by 8am to get decent parking. We'll go next weekend.

SarasotaRepub
05-29-2010, 05:49 PM
I was getting my boat ready to go in the water.

We'll hit the pool at sunset.

Cool! :cool:

lacarnut
05-29-2010, 06:49 PM

Forget unpacking and enjoy the pool. I have heard of Siesta Beach and plan to make it down that way in the fall or winter. How far are you'll from the Gulf?

JB
05-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Hot and humid in the big city. The kids are playing stickball and we've just opened a fire hydrant.

After a game of milkcrate-hung-on-the-telephone-pole basketball I'll be grilling on my cut-in-half 55-gallon drum barbeque.

Apache
05-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Hot and humid in the big city. The kids are playing stickball and we've just opened a fire hydrant.

After a game of milkcrate-hung-on-the-telephone-pole basketball I'll be grilling on my cut-in-half 55-gallon drum barbeque.

You got a milk-crate!? That's not fair!:(

:p

patriot45
05-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Not really, and it isn't what you think. The salt is converted into chlorine so it isn't as intensive a maint. issue as a regular pool. The water doesn't taste "salty", it's just a chemical thing. The water (and I hate to admit this) feels softer. :rolleyes::D Sooo smooth...LOL!!!

I would have liked to have gone to Siesta Key beach (Ranked #2!!!! by Dr. Beach!!:D) today but since it's a friggen holiday we would have needed to be there by 8am to get decent parking. We'll go next weekend.

Great to hear it ! We had to go inside for a while...its raining! Been thinking of retrofitting my pool to salt water! Way cheaper on chemicals and softer water! Maybe next year.

JB
05-29-2010, 07:15 PM
You got a milk-crate!? That's not fair!:(We bequeath it like a Picasso.

It's "70's Night" on the local AM station.

Kay
05-29-2010, 07:19 PM
It's almost 100 here today. The rest of the family all went to the lake to play in the water
and boat. I elected to stay behind and hold down the fort (under the AC). The couch
sure has felt good this afternoon. I've been re-fighting WWII all day with Charles Heston
and Robert Mitchum. We are about to attack at Midway, so I have to get back to that.

SarasotaRepub
05-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Forget unpacking and enjoy the pool. I have heard of Siesta Beach and plan to make it down that way in the fall or winter. How far are you'll from the Gulf?

I keep telling her that. :D And we did today.

Siesta is about 4-5 miles from the house, it depends on traffic and the bridge.

http://www.siestakeyrealtyrentals.com/images/large_Siesta_Key.jpg