PDA

View Full Version : My wife needs your prayers....

MountainMan
06-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Im not one usually to post in things like this but right now my wife and I could use your prayers.

Last Friday evening, while we were getting the house ready for the weekend with guests, my wife went into our bedroom. I didnt know this at the time as I was busy on the other side of the house. My youngest son comes to me and tells me that my wife is laying down crying. I drop what I am doing and head off to the room. My wife is complaining of back spasms. I head off to get her a Tylenol. In the meantime, she calls her OBGYN and the doctor on call tells her to head to the hospital so she can get checked out as they cant diagnose what is wrong with her over the phone.........

At this time, I am getting nervous and call my friends to come over and watch my boys until my parents can come over from the peninsula. So my wife and I start making the 30 mile trek to our hospital of choice. Ten minutes into our trip, with me hitting 10-20mph over the limit, my wife turns to me and I knew with the look in her eyes, she wasn't going to make it so we head to the closest hospital in Auburn.

Within minutes of arriving at the emergency, my wife who is 20 weeks along gives premature birth to our son William Scott. He is 4 weeks shy of making it into the ICU and is pronounced dead at birth.

My wife was released the next morning and even though she is a strong woman I have not been able to console her. Tomorrow, I will be making arrangements for the handling of the body of our son. I am taking off probably the rest of the week to handle this but I am afraid for my wife. This pregnancy was unexpected (she is 40) and we were both looking forward to the baby.

The doctor and nurses staff at the hospital have been great and have given us resources for our grief, as has the hospital chaplain but as of now, my wife isnt interested in contacting anybody and I know that she must talk to somebody about it.

What I am asking for is not only your prayers but if any of you could contact me with ideas as to how to proceed, I would be most grateful. I am fearful for my wife. She is a strong woman but she has never gone thru something like this before and neither have I.

I also promise to keep our conversations private if you contact me thru the boards message service.

Thank you, Scott.

Rockntractor
06-01-2010, 01:05 AM
I am so sorry to hear this and will keep you in my prayers.

MountainMan
06-01-2010, 01:08 AM
I am so sorry to hear this and will keep you in my prayers.

Thank you Rock. It seems so surreal right now. Personally I have woken up the last two mornings crying my eyes out. I try not to let the wife see as to not let her get even more upset.

Rockntractor
06-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Thank you Rock. It seems so surreal right now. Personally I have woken up the last two mornings crying my eyes out. I try not to let the wife see as to not let her get even more upset.
About all you can do is be there for her, she'll talk when she is ready, she has a broken heart.

lacarnut
06-01-2010, 01:31 AM
How sad, I will say a prayer for you and your wife.

Constitutionally Speaking
06-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Mau,

Just be there for her. She is very likely to be bitter for a bit - and may take it out on you. You will need to be very patient.

FlaGator
06-01-2010, 06:22 AM
You all are in my prayers Scott. I hurt for you both... May God bring you comfort in your grief...

bijou
06-01-2010, 07:15 AM
I'll say a prayer for you both too. I'm just sorry I'm not able to offer any other help, but I'm sure that someone will.

linda22003
06-01-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this; condolences to you both. I have no experience with this, so I'm sorry I can't be more useful. :(

namvet
06-01-2010, 09:19 AM
she is going thru the grieving process. which is of course normal. stay close. and we'll pray.

noonwitch
06-01-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm really sorry for what you and your wife are going through.

Don't crowd her, but let her know you are around if she needs you. If she doesn't want to talk and you want to talk, find a friend or pastor to talk to, so that you have someone to lean on.

Gingersnap
06-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I can't even imagine how awful this must be for you both. Rock is right, she'll talk when she's beyond the shock. :(

RobJohnson
06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm in shock just reading this, can't imagine how you are feeling.

I will be praying for your family. So sorry to hear this.

malloc
06-01-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm still a little out of my sorts due to a very similar scare a few weeks back, so I can imagine what you are going through, and I can really feel the fear and anxiety you must feel.

I will pray for you and your family.

SarasotaRepub
06-01-2010, 06:21 PM
SLW and I send best wishes Mau. :(

Bubba Dawg
06-01-2010, 07:47 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with both of you and your family. :(

Also, while you are very busy being strong and taking care of things I know this must be so very hard for you and your own sense of loss.

hang in there. :)

warpig
06-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Prayers to you and your wife, I have 2 kids but I cannot begin to put myself in your place.

MountainMan
06-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank you to all for your thoughts and prayers.

My wife and I today spent sixty very uncomfortable minutes down at the funeral home today. The owner of the funeral home and his wife took their time with us and even grieved with us and apologized that the paperwork seemed so impersonal.

We had already decided on cremation and we plan on keeping him in an urn until one of us passes on at which time he will be buried with us.

Everything is ahead of schedule except for one thing and it was this one thing today that got me mad. The funeral has to wait for a permit from the county to cremate. When they told my wife that it might take an additional week to get the permit, she burst out in tears and I was furious. The funeral home said it shouldn't take that long but they had to inform us of the "possible" time line.

Also today, our 10year old has started asking questions. I knew on Saturday when I was trying to explain to him what had happened that it wasn't registering. Well, today I think it did. After school my wife and I sat down with him and started answering questions. I think the hardest question was the one we couldn't answer yet which was if we were going to have another kid.......just so he wouldn't be the youngest anymore. He provided my wife and I the only smile today.....

Anyways, thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers.....

SaintLouieWoman
06-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Mau, I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Like many others, I've gone through some tough losses. You're numb at first, but eventually the reality sinks in. May God guide and help you through your grief. It's so very sad.

PoliCon
06-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Words cannot express . . . . You have our prayers.

M21
06-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Oh man...I'm so sorry for you both and what you're going through. My heart goes out to you Brother and of course we will be praying for you both.

Your wife needs all the emotional courage you can muster up. Be strong.

ralph wiggum
06-02-2010, 11:14 AM
So sorry to hear about this Mau....words fail me....

Jumpy
06-02-2010, 06:05 PM
This cannot be easy for you either.. so sad. I am so sorry.

obx
06-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Mau, I will pray for you and your family. We lost twins and it was the hardest thing I ever went through. You are in a difficult position. You need to be strong for your family but you also need to allow them to see you grieve. You see all the support here. I hope it will help you out.
________
Big Dick Teen (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/266/teen/videos/1)

hampshirebrit
06-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Scott, I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Kay
06-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Mau10man, I am so very sorry. I know exactly what your wife is going through,
as I have been in her shoes. God be with you both.

MrsSmith
06-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Just saw this, am praying for you all. It may be that in comforting your other children, your wife will find her own strength. Cry together, and pray together.

jendf
06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
My heart broke just reading this. I'm so, so sorry, Mau. Condolences to you and your wife.

MountainMan
06-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I want to thank everyone hear for their thoughts and prayers. It has been a difficult week but I know through God's love and compassion, my wife and I will get through this.

We are planning or bringing William home permanently in the next few days.

Today was the first day I have actually been outside for anything other than work. My wife looked at me and said that I needed some time away and asked if I was going to go out......It was more of a "get out of this house" sort of statement. So I did and went to the gun show. Bought our 10yr old a nice old Model 65 Savage .22.....Hey, she told me to get out of the house.

Anyways, thanks again and I look forward to reading and posting again about the important stuff....like a womens breast size in England.

SarasotaRepub
06-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Gun show eh??? :D

Good sign.

MountainMan
06-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Gun show eh??? :D

Good sign.

Something about a gun show always cheers me up. :)