PDA

View Full Version : 'Lost' Wednesday!

Gingersnap
06-02-2010, 09:46 AM
It will be partly cloudy today with temps in the 70s and possible thunder showers in the afternoon. I'm going to nag Mr. Snaps into setting up my chicken grill for kebabs tomorrow.

TOTD: CU has been transported to a large desert island. We will be rescued eventually (so your behavior, good or bad, will come out) but until then, we are on our own. Assume the island is large and has a wide variety of terrain and resources.

Who is doing what and why? Who has mad skilz? Who has previously unknown (or under-appreciated) skills that would be handy? What kind of community projects would get done first?

Keep it fun, inclusive, and family-friendly. ;) :D

linda22003
06-02-2010, 10:28 AM
I can cook. What I don't understand is why I'd be traveling with a group of you guys in the first place.

Rebel Yell
06-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I can cook. What I don't understand is why I'd be traveling with a group of you guys in the first place.

I figured you'd travel with servants.:D

ralph wiggum
06-02-2010, 10:44 AM
What I don't understand is why I'd be traveling with a group of you guys in the first place.

Elitist snob! :D

Gingersnap
06-02-2010, 10:52 AM

You were probably some kind of a war prize during an epic battle between CU and
the Martha Stewart Living discussion forums. :p

linda22003
06-02-2010, 10:57 AM

In such a war, my money would be on the Stewartians.

Rebel Yell
06-02-2010, 11:14 AM

More like CU and a Living History forum.:eek:

Gingersnap
06-02-2010, 11:18 AM
In such a war, my money would be on the Stewartians.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the skills of people who enjoy blowing things up on purpose.

linda22003
06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Don't be so quick to dismiss the skills of people who enjoy blowing things up on purpose.

And the other side can knit their own trebuchet slings.

Gingersnap
06-02-2010, 12:23 PM
And the other side can knit their own trebuchet slings.

You're just demonstrating why the Stewartians would simply become serfs on the Island. Animal fiber has way too much stretch for that kind of application. You'd want woven goods. :rolleyes:

M21
06-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll build two Churches. The one I go to and the one....I used to go to. :)

linda22003
06-02-2010, 12:35 PM
You're just demonstrating why the Stewartians would simply become serfs on the Island. Animal fiber has way too much stretch for that kind of application. You'd want woven goods. :rolleyes:

Well, I could be a knitting serf quite pleasantly. The new "Vogue Knitting" has some fabulous sweaters I can't wait to start.