PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney: Lay Off “Great Guy” Obama

ralph wiggum
06-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Paul McCartney would like President Obama's critics to let him be.

“I’m a big fan, he’s a great guy. So lay off him, he’s doing great,” the British songsmith said on Tuesday, ABC News reported.

This year’s recipient of the Library of Congress’s Gershwin Prize for Popular song, McCartney is set to perform at the White House Wednesday evening and be feted by fellow musicians Stevie Wonder, Faith Hill, the Jonas Brothers, Elvis Costello and Herbie Hancock, among others.

Speaking at a press conference in Washington ahead of the event, McCartney, 67, said he planned to “try to have fun” but predicted a case of the nerves when performing “like, three feet away” from Obama.

LINK (http://www.nbcwashington.com/entertainment/music/McCartney-Lay-Off-Great-Guy-Obama--95400529.html)

lacarnut
06-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Another celeb that does not know his ass from the hole in the ground about politics in THIS Country.

warpig
06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah McCartney..................mind your own business.

malloc
06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry, I just can't take the politics of a a brain-dead, acid dropping, dope smoking hippie seriously. I mean, your music rocked back in the day, and I still enjoy it today, but next time you think politics, just shut up and toke up man.

PoliCon
06-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Hey Paul - SHUT THE FUCK UP AND SING!

Rockntractor
06-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Hey Paul - SHUT THE FUCK UP AND SING!

He stopped being able to sing and write a few years back too. Shut up would be sufficient.

PoliCon
06-03-2010, 12:21 AM
He stopped being able to sing and write a few years back too. Shut up would be sufficient.

can't sing eh?

How about this then:

HEY PAUL - SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LIP SYNC!

Better?

Rockntractor
06-03-2010, 12:22 AM
can't sing eh?

How about this then:

HEY PAUL - SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LIP SYNC!

Better?
That'll work.

PoliCon
06-03-2010, 12:25 AM
That'll work.

okay you want I should make it a new post or edit the old post?

Rockntractor
06-03-2010, 12:27 AM
okay you want I should make it a new post or edit the old post?

What ever way will waste more of peoples time is okay with me.:D

PoliCon
06-03-2010, 12:30 AM
What ever way will waste more of peoples time is okay with me.:D

well you're gonna hafta chose. :mad:

obx
06-03-2010, 09:33 AM
This just proves Lennon was the brains (and the talent) of the group.
________
Amateur Couple (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/49/couple/videos/1)

noonwitch
06-03-2010, 03:04 PM
This just proves Lennon was the brains (and the talent) of the group.

If Lennon was still alive, he would be an even stauncher supporter of Obama than Sir Paul, and probably would have pissed you off repeatedly during the campaign and after. On top of that, Lennon was granted his green card at some point in the 70s (after Nixon's resignation), so he would have been a voter in 2008. I highly doubt he would have voted for McCain/Palin.

As far as music goes, Paul wrote the pop songs, Lennon wrote the rock songs, Harrison wrote at least one weird song per album, and Paul and John wrote the songs for Ringo to sing, with a few exceptions. They even wrote "Photograph" for him.