PDA

View Full Version : Braves go from worst to first.....IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!

Rebel Yell
06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Just when everyone thought they were dead in the water, the Atlanta Braves have come back to life. Two weeks ago they wee sitting in last place in the NL East. Now they have a 2.5 game lead over the Philthies, who they just swept. During a span of what seemed like a year of absolutely no offensive production and spotty pitching at best, the bats have come to life. I knew that lineup would eventually get a spark, it's just too good a lineup not to. Troy Glaus, who has hit the ball hard all year, finally started to find some holes. Jason Heyward is just a freak of a kid at 20 years old, and Chipper Jones is still a dangerous bat.

I know the Phillies lineup will catch fire soon, and probably win the division, but they won't walk away with it like the "experts" thought. The Mess, I mean Mets, are still paying top dollar for mediocrity. The Marlins are not due to make a run yet, they only make a run every 5 years or so. The Nationals are just the Expos with another home.

The Braves will at least get the wild card this year, if not shock us all and win the division.

lacarnut
06-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Go Braves!

NJCardFan
06-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Chew on it for now because if you think the Phillies offensive slump is going to continue forever, you're sadly mistaken.

Rebel Yell
06-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Chew on it for now because if you think the Phillies offensive slump is going to continue forever, you're sadly mistaken.

I know they'll come out of it, but they won't run away with the division like everyone thought, either.

Bubba Dawg
06-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Nicely done Bravos.

I remember Mike Lum. That's how long I've been a Braves fan.

Felix Millan....the kitten.

Rebel Yell
06-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Nicely done Bravos.

I remember Mike Lum. That's how long I've been a Braves fan.

Felix Millan....the kitten.

I go back as far as Murphy, Horner, and Hubbard.

NJCardFan
06-04-2010, 12:18 PM

Hubbard? The little monkey?

Rebel Yell
06-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Hubbard? The little monkey?

That's him.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/SIMMONS_02/BASEBALL%20AUTOS/SAVE0673.jpg

JB
09-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Braves in 2nd.

Go Phils. woot.

Speedy
09-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Don't forget Raphael Ramirez Ramirez, Brett Butler, and Chris Chambliss from the same era. I have been a fan for quite a while also.

lacarnut
09-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I watched Hammerin Hank play with the Braves in 1974. Tickets were $3 for good seats.

Bubba Dawg
09-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Is this deja vu or am I not here?

NJCardFan
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Well, the Phils aren't relinquishing their 1/2 game lead tonight. Up 10-3 in the 8th.

Rebel Yell
09-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Well, the Phils aren't relinquishing their 1/2 game lead tonight. Up 10-3 in the 8th.

They also didn't add to it. Braves 9 3.

NJCardFan
09-09-2010, 08:54 AM
They also didn't add to it. Braves 9 3.

But you still lost the series to the last place Pirates. Lucky for you, you draw the Cards, who've since mailed the season in.

Rebel Yell
09-09-2010, 12:14 PM
But you still lost the series to the last place Pirates. Lucky for you, you draw the Cards, who've since mailed the season in.

It's usually those last place treams that give us trouble.

NJCardFan
09-09-2010, 09:29 PM

Well, the Cards are treating the Bravos like a chew toy tonight. The Phils are going to be a full game in front after tonight.

SaintLouieWoman
09-10-2010, 05:23 PM

Excuse me, the Cards aren't a last place team. They're in 2nd place, although it's aggravating that they blew their lead a while back. It's frustrating being away from St Louis and not suffering along with the rest of the Card fans. :D

JB
09-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Is this deja vu or am I not here?I was just waiting until the Phils recaptured first place. Took longer than I thought it would.

Other than the NL West it's the only place where a race is happening.

The Phils, Braves, Giants and Padres are all jockeying for three playoff spots. Should be a good month of NL baseball.

NJCardFan
09-10-2010, 08:01 PM
I was just waiting until the Phils recaptured first place. Took longer than I thought it would.

The Phils, Braves, Giants and Padres are all jockeying for three playoff spots. Should be a good month of NL baseball.

The fact that the Phils were able to recapture first place with all of the injuries and slumps they've been going through is a real testament to their drive. With the exception of Jason Werth, the entire starting lineup has spent time on the disabled list as well as pitchers Joe Blanton, J.A. Happ(who was later traded for Roy Oswalt), Ryan Madsen, JC Romero, Denny Baez, Brad Lidge. Cole Hamels has pitched his ass off this season, however, the runs support he gets is next to nil. The Phils gave him 10 runs the other night I think he came. Been a crazy year.

Rebel Yell
09-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Excuse me, the Cards aren't a last place team. They're in 2nd place, although it's aggravating that they blew their lead a while back. It's frustrating being away from St Louis and not suffering along with the rest of the Card fans. :D

I was talking about the Pirates. Either way, it's football season now.

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2010, 11:35 AM
I was just waiting until the Phils recaptured first place. Took longer than I thought it would.

Yep. Shaping up to be a really good stretch run.

Bailey
09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
I was talking about the Pirates. Either way, it's football season now.

I guess if your baseball team sucks its football season.

Rebel Yell
09-14-2010, 02:58 PM
I guess if your baseball team sucks its football season.

My baseball team could have the best record in the league, and I'll switch over to watch football. Football ALWAYS trumps baseball.

Bailey
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
My baseball team could have the best record in the league, and I'll switch over to watch football. Football ALWAYS trumps baseball.

I guess we all cant chew gum and walk at the same time :p

Rebel Yell
09-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I guess we all cant chew gum and walk at the same time :p

I keep up with baseball. I'll watch a few games here and there. I'll watch most of the playoffs if I'm at home. When football season starts, Thursday night, Saturday afternoon, a couple of hours on Sunday, and Monday nights are off limits to everything else. (Except burying my grandmother this past weekend). I still recorded the Mimai OSU game.

Bailey
09-14-2010, 04:18 PM
I keep up with baseball. I'll watch a few games here and there. I'll watch most of the playoffs if I'm at home. When football season starts, Thursday night, Saturday afternoon, a couple of hours on Sunday, and Monday nights are off limits to everything else. (Except burying my grandmother this past weekend). I still recorded the Mimai OSU game.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother :(

Rebel Yell
09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother :(

It's alright. She had went downhill, and left this world before she really suffered at all.

Bailey
09-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I feel bad for your Braves they are going to be facing the best 3 pitchers in the Phills rotation :)

Rebel Yell
09-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I feel bad for your Braves they are going to be facing the best 3 pitchers in the Phills rotation :)

It's a tight rope walk the rest of the year. The wildcard may not even be a safety net to catch the loser.

NJCardFan
09-15-2010, 09:36 AM

Believe it or not, the only one that worries me right now is Halladay. Even though he still is winning games, he's been hit hard his last 4 games. 8 HR in his last 4 games. Hamels is flat out dealing right now as is Oswalt. Oswalt is 6-1 since coming to Philly and the Phils are 8-1 in games he's pitched. And Hamels, if he'd gotten any kind of run support this season he'd have 20 wins by now. But I see this race coming down to the final 3 in ATL in October. But for now, we're 2 games up.

NJCardFan
09-18-2010, 10:59 AM
3 games up now with. 14 remaining. This week's head to head in Philly is huge. We're sending Halladay, Hamels, and Oswalt at the Bravos. Should be a great series.