PDA

View Full Version : Golden Girls Star Rue McClanahan Dies at 76

bijou
06-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Golden Girl Rue McClanahan has died at the age of 76.

"She passed away at 1 a.m. this morning," her manager, Barbara Lawrence, tells PEOPLE. "She had a massive stroke."

McClanahan, who played man-happy Blanche Devereaux on the still-popular '80s sitcom Golden Girls, had suffered a minor stroke earlier this year while recovering from bypass surgery. Lawrence adds that at the time of her death Thursday, McClanahan “had her family with her. She went in peace."

link (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20390844,00.html)

PoliCon
06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
That means they're all dead now. I just wish someone would bury the corpse of Betty White already . . . . .

linda22003
06-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Betty had more life in her on SNL than most of the regular cast.

Rebel Yell
06-03-2010, 01:00 PM
That means they're all dead now. I just wish someone would bury the corpse of Betty White already . . . . .

WHAT!!!! Betty White rules.

PoliCon
06-03-2010, 01:01 PM

a dead germ has more life than the regular cast of SNL . . . .

noonwitch
06-03-2010, 01:15 PM

She was so good they had to bring in past SNL stars to back her up, like Tina Fey, Molly Shannon and Maya Rudolph (all of whom I think are funny, but not half as funny as two of the original SNL chicks-Jane Curtain and Gilda Radnor).

I haven't been a regular SNL viewer since Will Farrell left. There are really only two funny casts in the history of the show-the original (although Bill Murray is funnier than Chevy), and the group with Phil Hartman, Jan Hooks, Dennis Miller, Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, etc. The rest of the casts would have one or two funny people (like Eddie Murphy), and a bunch of people who weren't funny. Or, like Julia-Lewis Dreyfuss, weren't funny yet.

Kay
06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Hate to hear about Blanch, may she rest in peace.

Betty White is awesome!
I loved her most recently in the movie The Proposal.

SaintLouieWoman
06-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Hate to hear about Blanch, may she rest in peace.

Betty White is awesome!
I loved her most recently in the movie The Proposal.

Agree with everything you've said. Betty White is an amazing woman. I met her at a banquet for the Wolf Sanctuary in St Louis and talked to her for about a half hour. She's got more life in her than so many younger people. Policon is way wrong. :mad:

jediab
06-04-2010, 01:36 PM
I heard that Betty often tells jokes so raunchy they would make a sailor blush. Just another reason I think she's awesome.

One thing about Rue dieing is it is a reminder to me of how old I have gotten since I watched the show 20 plus years ago.

aerojarod
06-04-2010, 01:50 PM
I heard that Betty often tells jokes so raunchy they would make a sailor blush. Just another reason I think she's awesome.

One thing about Rue dieing is it is a reminder to me of how old I have gotten since I watched the show 20 plus years ago.

This is true. She was involved in one of those Comedy Central Roasts, I can't remember which one. Shatner maybe... or perhaps, Pam Anderson.