PDA

View Full Version : Floorin' It Friday

linda22003
06-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Hot and sunny in the DC area, which is surprisingly common for this time of year.

TOTD: I have to get my drivers' license renewed today so I can terrorize the populace for another five years. Anyone have some funny/horrifying DMV stories for me, to get me in the mood?

Rockntractor
06-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Hot and sunny in the DC area, which is surprisingly common for this time of year.

TOTD: I have to get my drivers' license renewed today so I can terrorize the populace for another five years. Anyone have some funny/horrifying DMV stories for me, to get me in the mood?

Make sure they spell your middle name correctly. They made a mistake on mine and I have had to live with it for 15 years now.

FlaGator
06-04-2010, 09:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_aY_Sdwdpc

Gingersnap
06-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Upper 80s, possible low 90s out here today but we don't really care since the temps drop like a rock when the sun goes down. I may feel the need to turn on the swamp cooler for a few minutes this afternoon. :p

TOTD: No horror stories here. At one time, Colorado had mini-DMVs in shopping malls and that was kind of fun. The DMV I go to (maybe once every 5 years) is clean, efficient, and convenient. The county one (for tags, etc.) is fast and friendly. It's like I don't even live in the USA. :eek:

linda22003
06-04-2010, 10:18 AM
I zipped in an out within an hour, and the Commonwealth of Virginia has licensed me to terrorize the populace for a further five years.
You CAN fool all of the people some of the time.

Totally as an aside, there are four Commonwealths in the United States, and I have spent my entire life (so far) domiciled in three of them.

noonwitch
06-04-2010, 12:13 PM
It's partly cloudy with a high of 75 today in the D.

TOTD: I don't have any amusing SOS stories. I was born in Indianapolis, something that the MSP and local traffic enforcement officers would likely find amusing. I definitely have a lead foot, so do all the women on my dad's side of the family. My grandma used to drive from Dearborn Hts to Grand Rapids in 90 minutes (approximately 145 miles). The shortest I've ever ever made that trip is a little over 2 hours, and I left from Taylor, which also a west side Detroit suburb.

lacarnut
06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Raining like cats and dogs here plus my internet keeps cutting on and off.

The DMV here is very efficient. I renewed my lic. in Dec. and was in and out in 30 min. BTW, you have not seen real terror until you ride or see me drive.

RobJohnson
06-05-2010, 03:17 AM
We hit 100 on Friday.

TOTD: Our DMV went from very short lines to long. It takes over 20 minutes just to stand in line to get a number.

There was a rush to obtain new IDs that include new proof of your identity requirments. The sad part is, you leave the DMV with a hole punched in your old license or ID and then they mail the new one to you!

djones520
06-05-2010, 03:33 AM
TOTD: I always have issues with the Michigan Secretary of State (our version of the DMV). They seem to love to give military a hard time. They've even refused to accept the military ID as a form of identification. :rolleyes:

malloc
06-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Weather: Hotter and sunnier than yesterday.

TOTD: I don't normally go to the DMV. In AZ, my license doesn't expire until 2044. I'll be an old man before I need to renew my license, and when I do, I can just do it online, and I'll get a new license with my picture from when I was 23 years old on it. Vehicle registration renewal is also done online.

djones520
06-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Weather: Hotter and sunnier than yesterday.

TOTD: I don't normally go to the DMV. In AZ, my license doesn't expire until 2044. I'll be an old man before I need to renew my license, and when I do, I can just do it online, and I'll get a new license with my picture from when I was 23 years old on it. Vehicle registration renewal is also done online.

I renew my registration online as well. Makes it real simple since I live in Illinois and don't wanna drive 8 hours to do it.

linda22003
06-05-2010, 10:09 AM
We used to be able to renew online; not any more. DMV people were found to be selling licenses on the side to illlegals without ID a few years ago, so now we all have to troop in and show our bona fides in person.

Kay
06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
In AZ, my license doesn't expire until 2044.

That's 32 years! I can't believe they don't make you at least renew it now and then
to make sure you are still alive. We can renew online here in Texas also, as long as
you have been thumb printed at least once before in person. I always do mine online.