PDA

View Full Version : Topless ban at beach doesn't apply to transgendered men with enhanced breasts

bijou
06-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Rehoboth Beach police are in a bit of legal bind over transgendered men going topless to show their enhanced breasts since shirtless men are not violating the law, The News Journal reports.

The Wilmington, Del., newspaper says the problem arose over the holiday weekend in Rehoboth when a few transgendered men removed their tops, drawing complaints from lifeguards.

"Passersby came up to the lifeguard and said they were alarmed and unhappy with the females showing their breasts," Police Chief Keith Banks said. "The lifeguard responded and saw that they were males." ...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/06/topless-ban-transgendered-men-enhanced-breasts/1

warpig
06-04-2010, 07:52 PM
and of all those it should apply to.......................

Rockntractor
06-04-2010, 07:58 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/BARF.gif?t=1275695849

lacarnut
06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Not males. Just mentally retarded FREAKS.

CueSi
06-05-2010, 01:26 AM
My response would be simple - - you want to present as a woman? You act like one and cover up. If not, I'm calling you "sir", and I don't give a damn how well you have your junk tucked, how nice your makeup looks and how real your wig is. You wanna be a woman, you follow the rules for women. If you wanna be a transgendered, you follow the rules for the gender you say you feel you are . . .none of this back and forth shit. You can't have those topless privileges anymore...because you say you're not a man anymore.

I don't know why they don't try that tactic. Transwomen HATE being reminded of their birth gender and take great pride in their new status. . .so you turn that pride on itself. Maybe because the lifeguards are guys and just don't think like that.

~QC

fettpett
06-05-2010, 09:49 AM
personally I just vote for topless beaches for women....i mean who doesn't want to see a nice pair of tits?

PoliCon
06-05-2010, 01:07 PM
personally I just vote for topless beaches for women....i mean who doesn't want to see a nice pair of tits?

wee wee

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 03:24 PM
My response would be simple - - you want to present as a woman? You act like one and cover up. If not, I'm calling you "sir", and I don't give a damn how well you have your junk tucked, how nice your makeup looks and how real your wig is. You wanna be a woman, you follow the rules for women.

~QC

does this include using bathrooms/changing rooms

PoliCon
06-05-2010, 04:17 PM

They'd be ill advised to "drag" their asses into a men's room . . . .

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 07:47 PM
So should the law treat them as men or women?

Rockntractor
06-05-2010, 10:24 PM

Seriously Weebull your little mind can't figure this one out for yourself?:rolleyes:

PoliCon
06-05-2010, 11:40 PM

They should be treated as what ever their DNA says they are.

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 03:57 AM
They should be treated as what ever their DNA says they are.

So this person has XY sex chromosomes, therefore is a man, and therefore is free to be topless at the beach.

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 05:21 AM
So this person has XY sex chromosomes, therefore is a man, and therefore is free to be topless at the beach.

Sure. And if he's added breast implants to try and look like a woman - he needs to keep them covered - LIKE A WOMAN.

CueSi
06-06-2010, 08:10 AM

Yes... for safety. Transwomen are victims of assault, so. . . yeah. I hate seeing people get their ass beat when it can be prevented.

Like I said, if they want to be women, the law should treat them as one.

~QC

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Sure. And if he's added breast implants to try and look like a woman - he needs to keep them covered - LIKE A WOMAN.

They're not always implants buddy, hormone treatment can cause breasts to grow.

BadCat
06-06-2010, 01:19 PM

You would know.

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 01:22 PM

Just keep your shirt on, Sir, Ma'am, Other.

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 01:45 PM
The law should be clear. According to you folks, if the person has XY chromosomes he's a man, regardless of their body shape. According to this law, men can go shirtless.

Or should they punish trans men with breasts, and also start rounding up fat guys with man-boobs too?

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 01:55 PM
The law should be clear. According to you folks, if the person has XY chromosomes he's a man, regardless of their body shape. According to this law, men can go shirtless.

Or should they punish trans men with breasts, and also start rounding up fat guys with man-boobs too?

Wee Wee, you obviously have no children, (Thank God). If you did, you would most likely understand why this is not appropriate and should not be tolerated.

Most Normal people (not you) understand the issue and do not need to get into the XY argument. If you do not have enough common sense to understand this, then you might want to consider a forum for Idiot Savant's.

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I didn't bring up the DNA issue, I'm merely asking for some consistency in how we apply the law. Is that really such a terrible thing to ask for?

CueSi
06-06-2010, 02:24 PM

Wait... no it doesn't . . .but the story didn't say which way they ended up with titties.

But this still stands:Quit being so fucking self righteous.

~QC

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I didn't bring up the DNA issue, I'm merely asking for some consistency in how we apply the law. Is that really such a terrible thing to ask for?

Idiot Savant's (Like You) have absolutely NO idea that there is a difference between the "Letter" of the law and the "Spirit" of the law.

This is one of the problems we have in our country today. There is a reason for every law we have, thus the "Spirit" of the law. The MORON"S like you have to dwell on the letter of the law so they can continue to violate the "spirit" of the law and continue to trample on common decency.

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Idiot Savant's (Like You) have absolutely NO idea that there is a difference between the "Letter" of the law and the "Spirit" of the law.

This is one of the problems we have in our country today. There is a reason for every law we have, thus the "Spirit" of the law. The MORON"S like you have to dwell on the letter of the law so they can continue to violate the "spirit" of the law and continue to trample on common decency.

So when Judges, like in the Supreme Court are examining laws against the words of the Constitution, should they be examining the "letter" the "spirit" or both?

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 03:08 PM
So when Judges, like in the Supreme Court are examining laws against the words of the Constitution, should they be examining the "letter" the "spirit" or both?

I think that things like this should be kept at the local level. This does not rise to the level of Constitutional law and should not be dragged into federal court. That is why we have local and state laws that are voted on by the local politicians who are voted in by their constituents.

If people want run around topless they should go to where it is a generally accepted public behavior and not try to push their behavior on others.

I don't leave my home bare chested because I honestly don't think other don't want to see me running around bare chested. I'm not ashamed of how I look, if I was I'd do something about it.

I respect others and I don't think it would be decent for me to behave this way, so I don't.

On the Gay issue, most people could care less whether or not someone is gay. It becomes an issue when others act this out in public. I don't make out or have sex with my wife in public and it is not appropriate for others to do so either. Keep your sex life private and there is no issue, it only becomes an issue when you make it public.

I don't expect people with little to no morals (Like you) to understand this.

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 03:32 PM

:rolleyes: Bullshit. You don't want consistency - you want special treatment for some and not for other.

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I think that things like this should be kept at the local level. This does not rise to the level of Constitutional law and should not be dragged into federal court. That is why we have local and state laws that are voted on by the local politicians who are voted in by their constituents.

If people want run around topless they should go to where it is a generally accepted public behavior and not try to push their behavior on others.

I don't leave my home bare chested because I honestly don't think other don't want to see me running around bare chested. I'm not ashamed of how I look, if I was I'd do something about it.

I respect others and I don't think it would be decent for me to behave this way, so I don't.

On the Gay issue, most people could care less whether or not someone is gay. It becomes an issue when others act this out in public. I don't make out or have sex with my wife in public and it is not appropriate for others to do so either. Keep your sex life private and there is no issue, it only becomes an issue when you make it public.

QFT

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 03:55 PM

There's a distinction between common sense, public manners, and the LAW.

And does ending every post with a personal insult make you feel like you made a better point?

I don't disagree with much of anything in your post, what's the point of insulting one another?

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 04:41 PM
There's a distinction between common sense, public manners, and the LAW.

And does ending every post with a personal insult make you feel like you made a better point?

I don't disagree with much of anything in your post, what's the point of insulting one another?

Laws stem from a combination of common sense and public manners.

Insults don't make a better point, I just want you to feel at home, I'm sure you are used to it. :p

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Laws stem from a combination of common sense and public manners.

Insults don't make a better point, I just want you to feel at home, I'm sure you are used to it. :p

I try to curb any feelings of superiority but when people insult and swear during a casual conversation or political discourse it just appears that the person is lacking in substance.

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I try to curb any feelings of superiority but when people insult and swear during a casual conversation or political discourse it just appears that the person is lacking in substance.

I admit I did insult, (Too easy) but I rarely swear or curse, I do swear but very rarely.

I have not problem with you, just your twisted ideology and your seeming inability to to use actual common, decent, sense.

Again, there are few that have a problem with homosexuals, the problem is with them and people like you trying to force the rest of the world to accept their public behavior.

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
I try to curb any feelings of superiority :rolleyes: BULLSHIT. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I admit I did insult, (Too easy) but I rarely swear or curse, I do swear but very rarely. I try avoid swearing and cursing - but I have no problem using expletives when they're called for. It cracks me up when people stand selfrigheously against the use of the word FUCK but then casually throw around the word damn. FUCK is a crass word but unlike damn - it is not an actual curse.

I have not problem with you, just your twisted ideology and your seeming inability to to use actual common, decent, sense. I do. I find him to be a waste of skin, breath, and carbon. The best part of him rolled down the inside of his mothers thigh to become a brown stain in the mattress. He is willfully ignorant - phony - dishonest - and generally a fucktard.

Elspeth
06-06-2010, 05:41 PM
This is actually a very interesting problem and goes to the heart of definitions of gender. In France, this would not be an issue as men and women go topless to the beach. But here, of course, there needs to be a gender distinction made to assess which set of laws and norms transexuals should follow, and that distinction is not always a clear one. Fascinating problem. I wonder if this could open up the custom of topless beaches for women in the US. Remember, males needed to have their tops covered up too, in the early 20th century. There are wonderful old pictures from the 1920s of men in bathing suits with tops:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/95/209821513_dfc4af8205.jpg

Women's swimwear from the same era:

http://www.fashion-era.com/images/Edwds1890-1915/beauties.jpg

MrsSmith
06-06-2010, 06:55 PM
A good rule would be..."If it's bigger than an A, it must be covered."

For WWW, that means that anyone that isn't flat must wear something. :D

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 06:57 PM

Agreed. :D

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 07:38 PM

Guess anyone with the Rush Limbaugh build is out of luck. :-P

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 07:39 PM
I try avoid swearing and cursing - but I have no problem using expletives when they're called for. It cracks me up when people stand selfrigheously against the use of the word FUCK but then casually throw around the word damn. FUCK is a crass word but unlike damn - it is not an actual curse.
I do. I find him to be a waste of skin, breath, and carbon. The best part of him rolled down the inside of his mothers thigh to become a brown stain in the mattress. He is willfully ignorant - phony - dishonest - and generally a fucktard.

You've got a lot of pain and hurt in you that you seem really eager to try to give away to others. That won't do anything to get rid of it though, I really do hope you find some better outlets.

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 07:41 PM
You've got a lot of pain and hurt in you that you seem really eager to try to give away to others. That won't do anything to get rid of it though, I really do hope you find some better outlets.

I find your pathetic hide to be a very effective outlet.

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I find your pathetic hide to be a very effective outlet.

If it makes you feel better to act like a child and call someone names over the internet, then by all means continue, you big tough smart man.

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 08:17 PM
If it makes you feel better to act like a child and call someone names over the internet, then by all means continue, you big tough smart man.

do you ever put your smug self righteousness to rest? :rolleyes: You wanna talk childishness? :rolleyes:

The key difference between you and I (beside the obvious - your lack of individual thought and inability to learn from mistakes) is that I am quite capable of rising above, turning off the crass language and engaging in erudite discussions and colloquium.

You on the other hand are a fucktard regardless.

CueSi
06-06-2010, 10:35 PM

Yes, like the Rush Limbaugh thing... ya two faced sloppy cvnt.

~QC

PoliCon
06-07-2010, 12:18 AM

~QC

:D sloppy? I've always considered him a dry and scabby one myself. . . . ;)

Wei Wu Wei
06-07-2010, 12:40 AM

~QC

Um... pretty sure Rush is a big man and he'd very unapologetic about it.

PoliCon
06-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Um... pretty sure Rush is a big man and he'd very unapologetic about it.

And I'm certain that you're a fucktard - I'm confident that I am not the only one either - and you are clearly unapologetic about it. :rolleyes: