PDA

View Full Version : Charles Krauthammer: Those Troublesome Jews

djones520
06-05-2010, 01:10 AM
The world is outraged at Israel's blockade of Gaza. Turkey denounces its illegality, inhumanity, barbarity, etc. The usual U.N. suspects, Third World and European, join in. The Obama administration dithers.

But as Leslie Gelb, former president of the Council on Foreign Relations, writes, the blockade is not just perfectly rational, it is perfectly legal. Gaza under Hamas is a self-declared enemy of Israel -- a declaration backed up by more than 4,000 rockets fired at Israeli civilian territory. Yet having pledged itself to unceasing belligerency, Hamas claims victimhood when Israel imposes a blockade to prevent Hamas from arming itself with still more rockets.

In World War II, with full international legality, the United States blockaded Germany and Japan. And during the October 1962 missile crisis, we blockaded ("quarantined") Cuba. Arms-bearing Russian ships headed to Cuba turned back because the Soviets knew that the U.S. Navy would either board them or sink them. Yet Israel is accused of international criminality for doing precisely what John Kennedy did: impose a naval blockade to prevent a hostile state from acquiring lethal weaponry.

Oh, but weren't the Gaza-bound ships on a mission of humanitarian relief? No. Otherwise they would have accepted Israel's offer to bring their supplies to an Israeli port, be inspected for military materiel and have the rest trucked by Israel into Gaza -- as every week 10,000 tons of food, medicine and other humanitarian supplies are sent by Israel to Gaza.

Why was the offer refused? Because, as organizer Greta Berlin admitted, the flotilla was not about humanitarian relief but about breaking the blockade, i.e., ending Israel's inspection regime, which would mean unlimited shipping into Gaza and thus the unlimited arming of Hamas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/03/AR2010060304287.html

Read the entire story. That man amazes me everytime I hear or read something of his.

PoliCon
06-05-2010, 12:28 PM
He is a truly brilliant man. I was going to post this as well :)

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 03:33 PM
He said there is no humanitarian crisis in gaza.

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=active&q=gaza%20crisis&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

warpig
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Perfectly put.

PoliCon
06-05-2010, 03:39 PM

and he speaks the truth.

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 03:43 PM
and he speaks the truth.

I know reading is often too much to expect from some people, which is why I posted a link to images:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=active&q=gaza%20crisis&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

I suppose it's all just staged? I suppose those children are just acting? putting ketchup on their heads and climbing into rubble piles? sort of like the moon landing?

PoliCon
06-05-2010, 04:20 PM
I know reading is often too much to expect from some people, which is why I posted a link to images:

You posted a link to images that means jack shit nothing. Any complete fucktard - Your self for example - can post picture on the net and claim that they are evidence of this or that.

I suppose it's all just staged? I suppose those children are just acting? putting ketchup on their heads and climbing into rubble piles? sort of like the moon landing?

They've done it before. :rolleyes:

http://zombietime.com/reuters_photo_fraud/

NJCardFan
06-05-2010, 08:46 PM
What about these images Wee Wee:
http://hotair.cachefly.net/media.michellemalkin.com/archives/images/telaviv003.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/12/29/alg_schooltextbooks.jpg
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/sbb1.jpg

I guess Israel doesn't have any reason to be on the defensive or even aggressively offensive.:rolleyes:

Oh, and all of these incidents by the peace loving Palestinians:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1197051.stm

lacarnut
06-05-2010, 09:10 PM

Reading is not your problem but for a dummy like you comprehension is.

djones520
06-05-2010, 09:29 PM

And your full of shit. I just reread the entire article and he said no such thing.

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 09:30 PM
And your full of shit. I just reread the entire article and he said no such thing.

Not in that article, he said it on Fox News.

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 09:32 PM
What about these images Wee Wee:
http://hotair.cachefly.net/media.michellemalkin.com/archives/images/telaviv003.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/12/29/alg_schooltextbooks.jpg
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/sbb1.jpg

I guess Israel doesn't have any reason to be on the defensive or even aggressively offensive.:rolleyes:

Oh, and all of these incidents by the peace loving Palestinians:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1197051.stm

Are you people incapable of thinking in anything other than extreme absolutes? Do you think we live in a comic book or something?

Criticizing Israel for their terrible crimes doesn't mean Palestinians who commit terrible crimes are innocent. This is beyond black and white thinking, this is just delusion.

djones520
06-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Not in that article, he said it on Fox News.

But there is a larger issue here. What exactly is the humanitarian crisis that the flotilla was actually addressing? There is none. No one is starving in Gaza. The Gazans have been supplied with food and social services by the U.N. for 60 years in part with American tax money.

Second, when there are humanitarian needs, the Israelis allow every day food and medicine overland into Gaza. The reason that it did not want to allow this flotilla is because, as the spokesman for the flotilla said herself, this was not about humanitarian relief. It was about breaking the blockade.

Here's the next two paragraphs.

And the reason the Israelis have a blockade is because they only want to allow humanitarian supplies and not weaponry. The proof of that is the fact that if you look at a map of Gaza, you'll see that Israeli's only control three sides of this rectangle. There is a fourth side on the Egyptian side. So it is an Egyptian-Israeli blockade.

The Egyptians have the same problem with Gaza. People accuse the Israeli of having a blockade because they're racist, anti-Muslim and anti-Arab. The Egyptians are Muslim and Arab and that have gone to war three times on behalf of the Palestinians. So why do they have the same blockade? Because Gaza is run by Hamas, a terror entity that wants to import weaponry and resume the war against Israel.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/transcript/israeli-raid-gaza-flotilla-aimed-preventing-spread-weaponry-hamas

And he is absolutely correct. As Odysseus so pointed out before (and which you ignored, like you always do when it sinks your bullshit) Israel provides more food, medical supplies, etc daily then most Americans have access to.

Let me ask you a question, if Mexico's government was launching missiles and rockets into Texas everyday, and we retaliated with military measures would you call us the bad guys? Would America be resonsible for the subsequent suffering caused to Mexico's citizens?

See, your dumbass would probably say yes. Because I've noticed people like you seem to just want to completely ignore consequences of actions. It's evident in legislation that you and your ilk want to pass. It's evident in how you look at places like Israel. Hamas is the instigator. Hamas is the TERRORIST ORGANIZATION. Hamas is the ones who cause the trouble for the residents of Gaza. It's the consequences THEIR actions make. But to fuckwads like you, it can't be their fault. It's gotta be the fault of the country whose being attacked daily.

Now, for those next two paragraphs. If an Arab country that has gone to war with Israel 3 times in 70 years is enforcing the same blockade, what is their reasons? It can't possibly be because their sick of a terrorist organization causing terror while holding a population of over a million hostage is it?

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 10:27 PM
And he is absolutely correct. As Odysseus so pointed out before (and which you ignored, like you always do when it sinks your bullshit) Israel provides more food, medical supplies, etc daily then most Americans have access to.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5ULlIP5MJMs/SV5dZhBmB7I/AAAAAAAAB1k/HkPICmm18SM/s1600-h/Gaza+by+the+numbers.jpg

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/

124 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,441 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information)

1,072 Israelis and at least 6,348 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information)

8,864 Israelis and 39,019 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information.)

During Fiscal Year 2009, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $7.0 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians. (View Sources & More Information)

Israel has been targeted by at least 65 UN resolutions and the Palestinians have been targeted by none. (View Sources & More Information)

1 Israeli is being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 7,383 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel. (View Sources & More Information)

The Israeli unemployment rate is 6.1%, while the Palestinian unemployment in the West Bank is 16.3% and 41.3% in Gaza. (View Sources & More Information)

Israel currently has 223 Jewish-only settlements and ‘outposts’ built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians do not have any settlements on Israeli land. (View Sources & More Information)

Let me ask you a question, if Mexico's government was launching missiles and rockets into Texas everyday, and we retaliated with military measures would you call us the bad guys? Would America be resonsible for the subsequent suffering caused to Mexico's citizens?

Those aren't even close to being comparable. How about if America started colonizing Mexico, started driving the people out of their homes, until their population was left in a tiny little segment of the continent. Also America actively wages a war on them that kills thousands of civilians regularly, also America prevents food and supplies from entering Mexico, while refusing to acknowledge that America is occupying Mexico to avoid the responsibilities of an occupying force and letting them fend for themselves. Keep this up for multiple generations, and the people of Mexico suicide bomb Texas in hopes of finding something better in the afterlife, they shoot Texans and launch a few missiles.

Then America rolls in and carpet bombs what's left of Mexico every week in retaliation for the dozens of Texans that are killed, and kills thousands of Mexicans.

Then the picture would be a bit more accurate..

But, like I've said again and again, this isn't a comic book, this isn't a superhero movie, this isn't about good guys vs bad guys.

See, your dumbass would probably say yes. Because I've noticed people like you seem to just want to completely ignore consequences of actions. It's evident in legislation that you and your ilk want to pass. It's evident in how you look at places like Israel. Hamas is the instigator. Hamas is the TERRORIST ORGANIZATION. Hamas is the ones who cause the trouble for the residents of Gaza. It's the consequences THEIR actions make. But to fuckwads like you, it can't be their fault. It's gotta be the fault of the country whose being attacked daily.

Hamas was democratically elected.

Rockntractor
06-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Hamas was democratically elected.

If so why have they skipped the last election feeble Weebull?

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Just to be sure no one ignores it I'll post this again:

124 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,441 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information)

1,072 Israelis and at least 6,348 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information)

8,864 Israelis and 39,019 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information.)

During Fiscal Year 2009, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $7.0 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians. (View Sources & More Information)

Israel has been targeted by at least 65 UN resolutions and the Palestinians have been targeted by none. (View Sources & More Information)

1 Israeli is being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 7,383 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel. (View Sources & More Information)

The Israeli unemployment rate is 6.1%, while the Palestinian unemployment in the West Bank is 16.3% and 41.3% in Gaza. (View Sources & More Information)

Israel currently has 223 Jewish-only settlements and ‘outposts’ built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians do not have any settlements on Israeli land. (View Sources & More Information)

Rockntractor
06-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Why did the Palestinians skip their last election?

PoliCon
06-05-2010, 11:52 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5ULlIP5MJMs/SV5dZhBmB7I/AAAAAAAAB1k/HkPICmm18SM/s1600-h/Gaza+by+the+numbers.jpg

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/seriously?

If Americans Knew: Profile

By Stand4Facts.org

Overview

The organization, If Americans Knew, is indistinguishable from its founder, free-lance journalist Alison Weir. Weir became a self-styled expert on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict when she visited the Territories for the first time in the summer of 2001. Struck by the fact that she “found a situation largely the reverse of what was being reported by the American media,”[1] she formed her non-profit corporation to expose the media bias against the Palestinians, what she considered a “cover-up of appalling proportions.”[2] Weir began producing and distributing educational materials and has lectured widely throughout the US, at campuses, churches, libraries, and on Capitol Hill.[3] If Americans Knew seems to be Weir’s one-person operation, but her daughter Sarah, a recent college graduate, now also works with her.

Be prepared when she comes to your campus. She claims to be exposing media bias but in fact, she peddles an unusually virulent anti-Israel message. Even she admits that “It is hard not to sound fanatic, over-wrought, biased. The lie is too big, the repression too complete, the Palestinians’ lives too horrible to write about reasonably.”[4]

When Weir lectures, she makes inflammatory assertions in a sad, almost monotone voice that makes them seem like incontrovertible facts. She also packs a strong emotional punch through anecdotes and photographs about Palestinian Arab suffering. As one student reported, Weir’s “talk was full of pictures of dead children; most of them were unexplained, just said to be results of Israeli soldiers.….The whole talk was designed to make you feel too bad or too ashamed to question any of her words, no matter how blatantly full of lies they were. I felt uncomfortable raising my hand and telling her that what she said about the history of Israel was all lies…”[5]

Weir claims that her materials are objective because she and her organization“are directed by Americans without bias and ethnic ties to the region”[6] and because they are not “pressured by powerful special interest groups.”[7] As these thinly veiled allusions to Jewish control of the media suggest, Weir and her organization have an overwhelming bias: they embrace the Arab view of the conflict and its demonization of Israel. One of their new board members, former Illinois Congressman Paul Findley, has been one of the most outspoken anti-Israel advocates and was dubbed “Israel’s number one enemy on Capitol Hill” before he was ousted from office in 1983.[8]

They also have an explicit agenda: persuading Americans to end all support for Israel. “We believe strongly that if Americans knew the truth about Israel and Palestine-about the massive amount of our tax money that is being given away to Israel, and about the human cost of Israel’s American-financed militarism-they would demand an immediate re-thinking of our policies in this region.”[9]

Weir’s special contribution is her effort to make Americans feel guilty. She argues that US support for Israel “makes us accomplice to war crimes and an accessory to oppression….We [Americans]are driving the violence in this region.”[10] She presumes that we are not doing so willingly. Rather, media bias has “manipulated” us.[11] If we knew the true facts, we would demand an end to support for Israel. Her mission is to spread what she considers to be the facts.

Weir’s inflammatory assertions and distortions are matched only by her lack of information about the history of Israel and of the conflict. Consider some of her statements:

* “You call this…[Israel’s] ‘War of Independence.’ Please explain this to me. Independence from whom? From the farmers whose ancestors had tilled the land for centuries?….Independence from humanity? From morality? From normality? From everyone else in the world?”[12]

* “People who say there are two sides to this ‘conflict’ are full of bs….Here there is the brutalizer and the brutalized. It’s not complicated.” [13]

* “It is hard not to sound fanatic, over-wrought, biased. The lie is too big, the repression too complete, the Palestinians’ lives too horrible to write about reasonably.”[14]

* “When a rare, crazed, would-be freedom-fighter escapes this prison and tries to strike his oppressor, we need to read about the prison he exploded out of. Rather than an ‘inexplicable, fanatical terrorist,’ we would see what we had helped create with our aid to Israel-a terrorized victim who has tragically but inexplicably turned to violence himself.”[15]

* “Empowered by American money, Israel is occupying land that does not belong to it.”[16]

* “When people say Israel has a right to exist, it means that Israel has a right to discriminate.”[17]

* “Americans have to stop this [supporting Israel]. Israel will keep shooting kids in the back until we all say, Enough.”[18]

* “You’ve called ‘anti-Semite’ once too often. You’ve pressured one too many newspapers, one too many universities, one too many mayors…”[19]

* “This poverty [in the Territories] has not happened by accident, Weir argued. ‘I was seeing newly, artificially, purposefully created poverty. Poverty being created by America through its support of a regime that is consciously, and again, quite effectively, squeezing out people it does not want around.’”[20]

* “The U.S. State Department has yet to impose any diplomatic sanctions whatsoever against a government whose "apology" for one of its soldiers crushing a young, peaceful American student has consisted of calling it "regrettable”…The American media have yet to accord this horror the attention it would normally merit, if it had been done by any other country on earth, including the U.S. government.”[21]

* “Historians have since written that the fact that Israel was able to attack a US ship (the Liberty) and kill and maim American servicemen, with virtually no consequences, convinced Israeli hardliners that Israel could, whenever it wanted, get away with murder.”[22]

* “[Weir] told me that Israeli soldiers are invincible-that they are bulletproof. I wasn't sure if I heard her correctly, so I asked her, "You mean people never come up to them and shoot them and kill them?" and she said no, they have armor, they are bulletproof.” Alex Scheinker, student at Washington University[23]

CONTINUED
(http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/ifamericans.html)

NJCardFan
06-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Are you people incapable of thinking in anything other than extreme absolutes? Do you think we live in a comic book or something?

Criticizing Israel for their terrible crimes doesn't mean Palestinians who commit terrible crimes are innocent. This is beyond black and white thinking, this is just delusion.

Oh for heaven's sakes. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the one who posted a link to pictures of bleeding children? You are as hypocritical as they come.

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 03:59 AM
seriously?

Right, she has an opinion, also she cites all the sources of the data provided on the site.

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Oh for heaven's sakes. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the one who posted a link to pictures of bleeding children? You are as hypocritical as they come.

You said there's no humanitarian crisis in Gaza, so I did a search for Gaza Crisis and linked you to the pictures that came up so you could see for yourself.

How is that hypocritical?

djones520
06-06-2010, 04:38 AM
You said there's no humanitarian crisis in Gaza, so I did a search for Gaza Crisis and linked you to the pictures that came up so you could see for yourself.

And who is to blame for it? The legitimate government state? Or the terrorist organization who illegally took over that region and holds it's people hostage?

Wait, why am I asking. You've already stated your opinion. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Right, she has an opinion, also she cites all the sources of the data provided on the site.

right - she has an OPINION. Not unbiased facts - OPINIONS. Like all on the left she has her narrative and will conveniently ignore any facts that do not support her narrative . . . . kinda like to wee wee.

NJCardFan
06-06-2010, 11:30 AM

Because these people aren't not being bound to the West Bank and Gaza by guns. They can leave whenever they want. The Gaza crisis is a self imposed one. Perhaps if Hamas and Hezbolla would stop the terror attacks and try to get along, life would be much grander. But sadly, you are too much of an idiot to understand this type of logic.

Wei Wu Wei
06-06-2010, 01:50 PM
And who is to blame for it? The legitimate government state? Or the terrorist organization who illegally took over that region and holds it's people hostage?

Wait, why am I asking. You've already stated your opinion. :rolleyes:

Both contribute to the problem. This should be clear as day.

This is not a children's superhero cartoon, the world isn't black and white, not every situation can be summed up in Good Guy VS Bad Guy with all actions fitting accordingly.

This naive, childish, foolish even way of thinking is just a result of intellectual laziness and desperation.

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Both contribute to the problem. This should be clear as day.

This is not a children's superhero cartoon, the world isn't black and white, not every situation can be summed up in Good Guy VS Bad Guy with all actions fitting accordingly.

This naive, childish, foolish even way of thinking is just a result of intellectual laziness and desperation.

Sooooo, this means you find fault in EVERYTHING that Israel does and NOTHING the Terrorists do.

You Sir, Ma'am, Other are a MORON!

Constitutionally Speaking
06-06-2010, 02:12 PM

124 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,441 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information)This is a GROSS oversimplification of the issue. HOW were they killed?? Did one group actually TARGET the children or civilians??? Did one side place their military assets PURPOSELY close to places where children would be at risk if military action were to take place??? This is REALLY an ignorant argument.

1,072 Israelis and at least 6,348 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information)Again, this in nothing but a ruse to mislead see the above response.

8,864 Israelis and 39,019 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information.)See first response

During Fiscal Year 2009, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $7.0 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians. (View Sources & More Information)Why would we supply MILITARY aid to aterrorist organization that supports those who want to kill us and indeed has kill us themselves????

Israel has been targeted by at least 65 UN resolutions and the Palestinians have been targeted by none. (View Sources & More Information)Just another reason we need to de-fund the UN - it is NOTHING more than a front group for anti-Americans and the anti-Semites.

1 Israeli is being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 7,383 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel. (View Sources & More Information) Does it matter that those Palestinians are criminals and terrorists????

The Israeli unemployment rate is 6.1%, while the Palestinian unemployment in the West Bank is 16.3% and 41.3% in Gaza. (View Sources & More Information)And???

EVERY settlement within THESE borders is on Israeli land - whether it is an Israeli settlement or an Arab settlement.

http://regionalgeography.org/101blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Map-Hiking-in-Israel.jpg

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 03:44 PM
During Fiscal Year 2009, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $7.0 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians. (View Sources & More Information)Why would we supply MILITARY aid to aterrorist organization that supports those who want to kill us and indeed has kill us themselves????How much OTHER aid did palestine get from us? I like how you single out military aid Wee Wee and act like since they get no military aid they get nothing by way of aid. :rolleyes: Fucktard.

PoliCon
06-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Israel has been targeted by at least 65 UN resolutions and the Palestinians have been targeted by none. And WTF is that supposed to prove??? That the UN is anti-Israel? NO SHIT. :rolleyes:

warpig
06-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I thought that there really has never been an ethnic group known as Palestinians until suddenly Yasser declared that there was? That these people were originally Jordanians who were kicked out of Jordan because they didn't want them either.