PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: Whatcha Readin', watchin'...

Bubba Dawg
06-06-2010, 08:27 AM
...or listening to.

Warm to hot on The Mountain. Lots of thundershowers. I'm off for church shortly. I may work in the yard or garden later.

TOTD: What are you reading? I have a copy of Mary Oliver's Rules for the Dance about Poetry.

I'm watching Justified with Timothy Oliphant on FX.

I'm listening to iTunes radio stations. Traditional Country right now.

And I'm posting here. ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

:D

Kay
06-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I woke up at 6:30 this AM and have been catching up on some personal work here at home. Paid a few bills, plotted out my list of things to get done this week, updated my calendar, etc. I brought a few things home from the office that I want to catch up on today too, so I can start the week off without being totally snowed under. I'm all about planning and efficiency today. :)

NJCardFan
06-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Hot and freaking humid.

I'm watching A Knights Tale for the billionth time. But I'm really looking forward to game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

warpig
06-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Working on mounting a scope to my Mosin Nagant.....................

lurkalot
06-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Say a prayer or two for me! ( I always hedge my bets)
I'm watching Mickey Mouse Club House, listening to Kris Kristofferson oldies, reading the news sites online and ignoring the pile of laundry to fold.

linda22003
06-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Watching some WWII dockos in honor of D-Day.

RobJohnson
06-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm enjoying a day of 107 degree sunshine. Humidity is very low.

In a few minutes I am headed out to my mother's to take her out to dinner.

Laundry and swimming later. :D

NJCardFan
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I am now getting ready for the puck to drop!

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Watching the Game, WOW! 4-2 early in the 2nd smash mouth hockey.

Part of me want's Chicago to win part wants Philly to win.

NJCardFan
06-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Watching the Game, WOW! 4-2 early in the 2nd smash mouth hockey.

Part of me want's Chicago to win part wants Philly to win.

Well, considering the Flyers are playing against both the Blackhawks and the officials, we don't stand a chance tonight.

However, if you want a reason to root for the Flyers, Chicago is Obama's town is it not? Considering that NBC is the official television channel of Barack Obama and they are openly rooting for Chicago, this too should sway your vote.

Big Guy
06-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Well, considering the Flyers are playing against both the Blackhawks and the officials, we don't stand a chance tonight.

However, if you want a reason to root for the Flyers, Chicago is Obama's town is it not?

The Black hawks knocked out my Preds, AND it's Obama's home town. :mad:

If my Preds are going to get knocked out it might as well be by the Stanly Cup Champions, but then theres the Obama thing again.

See my dilemma? :confused:

Kay
06-06-2010, 10:24 PM
We had a cold front blow through today.
It got down to 105.

RobJohnson
06-07-2010, 12:41 AM
We had a cold front blow through today.
It got down to 105.

:D

noonwitch
06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm reading the third in Stieg Larson's Millenium trilogy-The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. The author died shortly after submitting his manuscripts to the publisher. The books are set in Sweden, and deal with intrigue, Neo-Nazis, evil communists, perverts, bad spies on both sides, a charming and promiscuous journalist, and a tattooed heroine with Asberger's Syndrome. The female characters are awesome in the books, not just the title character of Lisbeth Salandar.

There is a movie of the first book, in Swedish. It was recently released, but I haven't seen it, as I'm not that into foreign movies unless they are in Spanish, as I can sort of follow along without totally depending on the subtitles. The first book is The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.