PDA

View Full Version : Nine Words Women Use

Constitutionally Speaking
06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission.. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This isn't actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake..

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F--- off!

(9) Don't worry about it, I'll do it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

(from an e-mail my Mom sent me)

Ignore these at your own risk.

Bubba Dawg
06-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Oh Crap. :eek:

I may be in more trouble than I thought.

This sounds real. Is this real? :confused::eek:

SaintLouieWoman
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Oh Crap.

Beware, very accurate. :D

SR used to laugh (uneasily) when I'd do the "fine" thing. I've been good ( and so has he), so he hasn't heard it recently. :p

Gingersnap
06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh Crap. :eek:

It's somewhat real. A lot of women really do use those words and phrases that way but not all of us. I hate verbal aggression games so I don't play them. If I have something to say, I'll just state it clearly.

If I say, "I'll take care of it" that means you don't have to think about whatever it is. If I say, "Fine" it means that I'm pleased.

If I say, "We have a problem" it means that I'm soliciting potential solutions.

But if I say, "There's a spider in the bathtub", you do need to get it in gear within 30 seconds. ;)

Bubba Dawg
06-07-2010, 09:57 PM
It's somewhat real. A lot of women really do use those words and phrases that way but not all of us. I hate verbal aggression games so I don't play them. If I have something to say, I'll just state it clearly.

If I say, "I'll take care of it" that means you don't have to think about whatever it is. If I say, "Fine" it means that I'm pleased.

If I say, "We have a problem" it means that I'm soliciting potential solutions.

But if I say, "There's a spider in the bathtub", you do need to get it in gear within 30 seconds. ;)

Dang. :eek:

So what I'm hearin' is that not everyting Miz Bubba sez is to be taken literally...???

unless there's a spider....or something....

....this is hard......:(

PoliCon
06-07-2010, 10:13 PM
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission.. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This isn't actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake..

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F--- off!

(9) Don't worry about it, I'll do it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

(from an e-mail my Mom sent me)

Ignore these at your own risk.

OMG! That is my wife to a T!:D

Gingersnap
06-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Dang. :eek:

So what I'm hearin' is that not everyting Miz Bubba sez is to be taken literally...???

unless there's a spider....or something....

....this is hard......:(

Just do what Mr. Snaps does: just start pointing at power tools, calculators, or spreadsheets with your "I'm busy saving the Free World, honey" expression. She'll get tired of waiting for the Invasion of Normandy to end and just talk to her BFF instead.

Bubba Dawg
06-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Just do what Mr. Snaps does: just start pointing at power tools, calculators, or spreadsheets with your "I'm busy saving the Free World, honey" expression. She'll get tired of waiting for the Invasion of Normandy to end and just talk to her BFF instead.

Thanks Ginger.

I owe you one......:)

Kay
06-07-2010, 10:39 PM
*loud sigh*
Whatever! Fine, don't worry about it, I'll do it, that's ok!

Rockntractor
06-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I've never really listened to one.:confused:

Bubba Dawg
06-07-2010, 10:50 PM
*loud sigh*
Whatever! Fine, don't worry about it, I'll do it, that's ok!

nice.....:D

Gingersnap
06-07-2010, 10:50 PM

This explains sooooo much. :D

Kay
06-07-2010, 10:57 PM

Which will then result in the dreaded silent treatment.
The silent treatment is far worse than any of the above.

Rockntractor
06-07-2010, 10:58 PM
This explains sooooo much. :D
Do I look for some type of pattern while they speak?:confused:

Articulate_Ape
06-07-2010, 11:02 PM
This is why god created the back of the hand. God knew women would have this list. If it wasn't for this list, guys, our knuckles would have been designed to make a fist both ways. It's scriptural, honest.

Gingersnap
06-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Do I look for some type of pattern while they speak?:confused:

Look for the Divorce Summons. That's a pretty big tip off.

Bubba Dawg
06-07-2010, 11:06 PM
This is why god created the back of the hand. God knew women would have this list. If it wasn't for this list, guys, our knuckles would have been designed to make a fist both ways. It's scriptural, honest.

From the book of Hezekiah Chapter 2 verse 11.......yea verily but they did not listen......

Rockntractor
06-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Look for the Divorce Summons. That's a pretty big tip off.

But when do you answer them, there isn't a pause or break or anything. Do you wait till they fall asleep?:confused:

lurkalot
06-07-2010, 11:21 PM
*sigh*

MountainMan
06-07-2010, 11:28 PM
*sigh*

Yeah, but when you "sigh", it usually means you need a new set of batteries... :p

lurkalot
06-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah, but when you "sigh", it usually means you need a new set of batteries... :p

you have removed yourself so far off "the list" that you aren't even in the same room as the "list" anymore...
:mad:

Sonnabend
06-08-2010, 12:59 AM
you have removed yourself so far off "the list" that you aren't even in the same room as the "list" anymore...

Just remember, lurkie...he said it, not me :D:D:D

linda22003
06-08-2010, 08:34 AM
(1) Fine: Yes, I do this.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Nope - for me, it means five minutes. I usually have to wait for him.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. (I don't do this one).

(4) Go Ahead: (I don't do this one).

(5) Loud Sigh: This isn't actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot (I think sighing to send a message is silly. I can TELL him he's an idiot with no trouble).

(6) That's Okay: (I don't play this game either).

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (Yep, I actually say what I mean. "Thanks" is a thank you, believe it or not).

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F--- off! (Maybe younger women. I've noticed this is a teen or twenty-ish expression. "WhatEVER".)

(9) Don't worry about it, I'll do it: Another dangerous statement (Yes, because it's something I usually have no business doing. This will get him out of his chair faster than igniting a propane torch under him).

noonwitch
06-08-2010, 08:41 AM
The one I learned living in Detroit is that when a boyfriend asks you what's up or what's going on, the best response is: Nothing but the rent.

malloc
06-08-2010, 07:24 PM
(1) Fine: This is the word men use to either mean "alright" or "go ahead and keep believing that, but you're still an idiot"

(2) Five Minutes: Means I'm getting in the car and leaving in 5 minutes, if you aren't in the car, you're left.

(3) Nothing: This means literally nothing, as in nothing is wrong. If it's in response to the dreaded what are you thinking question, it means, "I don't want to tell you that I was thinking of Salma Hayek's boobs, so I'll just say 'nothing'."

(4) Go Ahead: Go friggin' do it already and let me get back to the game/workbench/book/T.V.

(5) Loud Sigh: Crap I'm tired.

(6) That's Okay: See 4.

(7) Thanks: A man is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless he says 'Thanks a lot' - that is humerus sarcasm and he is rolling with whatever joke brought it on).

(8) Whatever: Is a man saying, "I really don't care about this argument at all, and I can't believe I wasted 5 minutes of my life arguing about it. Seriously, I've got better things to do and the race is on!"

(9) Don't worry about it, I'll do it: This means, 'don't worry about it, I'll take care of it without a grudge or anything because I'm a problem solver, it's my job.'